68 replies to this topic

#21 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,562 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 05:54 PM

What should've been an easy win will now be another struggle. They've been beating the bad teams, but every game has been a struggle. Doesn't bode well for when they start playing the big boys.

#22 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 05:54 PM

Even if they win its now almost surely high lev the rest of the way. Which means Cano and Bautista. Wasnt necessary

#23 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 05:55 PM

What should've been an easy win will now be another struggle. They've been beating the bad teams, but every game has been a struggle. Doesn't bode well for when they start playing the big boys.

It has nothing to do with struggling against big boys or non big boys. It doesnt matter when you are consistently this sloppy. If you have to throw your high lev guys every game they wont make it through the year

#24 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 April 2023 - 05:57 PM

Akin stinks. Tough break for Baumann. He’s been money.

#25 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,562 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:00 PM

Honestly probably would have more faith in Voth to throw an inning or two and not implode over Akin right now.

#26 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:00 PM

It shouldve been 1 or 2 runs.

#27 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,250 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:01 PM

It has nothing to do with struggling against big boys or non big boys. It doesnt matter when you are consistently this sloppy. If you have to throw your high lev guys every game they wont make it through the year

I get your point but the first sentence is not totally correct. You can struggle and play sloppy baseball against the bad teams and still come away with a W. Play this kind of baseball against a good team and they will make you pay.

#28 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:01 PM

I understand why Hyde made the move to the pen but despite the pitch count, the Tigers wanted none of Grayson and you always change the mojo when you take out a starter that's in control. We did the same thing to the Tigers on Thursday.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#29 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:02 PM

Let's just tack on a few here and make it not matter.

Plus, I need a Gunnar base knock to hit on 5 leg parlay.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#30 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:06 PM

I understand why Hyde made the move to the pen but despite the pitch count, the Tigers wanted none of Grayson and you always change the mojo when you take out a starter that's in control. We did the same thing to the Tigers on Thursday.

All true but its 1 more inning he will be able to throw later this year. The inning count will be relatively low. Plus the pitch count was at 90ish.

#31 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,562 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:07 PM

Mountcastle and Santander will kill a rally.

#32 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,562 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:08 PM

I'd seriously consider Cowser for Santander spot right now.

#33 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:08 PM

Yeah they will. And hitting 3rd and 4th. Santander straight sucks. Most overrated Oriole the last few years.

#34 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:09 PM

All true but its 1 more inning he will be able to throw later this year. The inning count will be relatively low. Plus the pitch count was at 90ish.

The last inning was a little on the high stress side from a pitch count standpoint, so I do get it.

I am wondering how closely innings are being monitored. I think we migrated away from the Verducci effect days of managing pitchers.
@primetime667083

#35 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:10 PM

If I'm a pitcher, I don't throw a single pitch in the strikezone to Mountcastle. He sure as hell is not going to walk.

#36 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,562 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:10 PM

Gonna need a couple more runs today. I'll be very surprised if 6 can win it.

#37 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:11 PM

Yeah they will. And hitting 3rd and 4th. Santander straight sucks. Most overrated Oriole the last few years.

Explain Santander's 2022 was overrated. I'm curious as to how you arrived at this position.
@primetime667083

#38 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:11 PM

Santander had -0.4 WAR coming into today. The worst on the team. By far the worst regular

#39 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,720 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:12 PM

I feel like we've discussed this enough around here that nobody will really lament anything...although probably not true in some other media forums.

This is the price of this season for him...he's going to be managed and we're still going to hit the season limits and if we make the playoffs....we'll need to see what they do with him.  Because he's up now, he's probably not going more than 5 this year unless his pitch count is fairly low.

#40 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 06:14 PM

Shocking Baker has two guys up after 1 guy gets on. If this BP survives June Ill be surprised

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=