hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 28 April 2023 - 09:26 PM

Trenton Simpson????

Either we're trading Queen or I have no idea what the hell is going on.

#2 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 28 April 2023 - 09:27 PM

Patrick Queen should be packing his bags.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#3 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

He's there. I would be surprised if the Ravens don't take him.

We took Patrick Queen 2.0 instead.

#4 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Ravens really sickened by the idea of drafting a corner this year. I'm sure Patrick Queen is probably thrilled seeing that one.

#5 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts

Simpson ran a 4.43.

He's about as fast as Zay Flowers.

I have to think Queen is going to be traded.

#6 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 09:30 PM

For what it's worth, Dane Brugler's draft guide on The Athletic had Simpson as a 1st-2nd round grade and the #2 overall LB.

He also had Ringo as the #6 corner with a 1st-2nd round grade.

#7 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 09:31 PM

They must have a plan for corner.

#8 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 09:32 PM

Confusing pick. Still have Queen on the book for this year and just gave Roquan a huge extension. Also have Bowser, Oweh, and Ojabo on the outside.

#9 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 09:32 PM

Confusing pick. Still have Queen on the book for this year and just gave Roquan a huge extension. Also have Bowser, Oweh, and Ojabo on the outside.

I don't mind the pick. He's lightning fast and a freak athlete. They just need to have a plan to address corner.

#10 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 09:33 PM

My earlier response to the idea of trading Queen was, "So who's going to take his place?" Question resolved, I guess.

#11 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 09:33 PM

Ravens really sickened by the idea of drafting a corner this year. I'm sure Patrick Queen is probably thrilled seeing that one.

I've been sticking up for EDC since he took over. If he plans on going in to 2023 with Stephens as his CB2, I'm done. He deserves every bit of ridicule he gets. You have Banks and Porter and take a WR. OK, WR is still a need somewhat, just not as pressing. I can get behind it if they felt Flowers was a superior prospect. But in the 3rd, you have Ringo, a 2nd round, borderline 1st round talent staring at you, and you take another undersized ILB who has major issues getting off of blocks, and covering anything that moves instead. That one is on EDC.

I'll hold out faith that he has a bigger goal in mind at CB.

#12 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 09:36 PM

ESPN had him in the 50s, Jeremiah had him 45. Hope they can get something for Queen. Hope they have a plan at CB.

#13 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 09:37 PM

I've been sticking up for EDC since he took over. If he plans on going in to 2023 with Stephens as his CB2, I'm done. He deserves every bit of ridicule he gets. You have Banks and Porter and take a WR. OK, WR is still a need somewhat, just not as pressing. I can get behind it if they felt Flowers was a superior prospect. But in the 3rd, you have Ringo, a 2nd round, borderline 1st round talent staring at you, and you take another undersized ILB who has major issues getting off of blocks, and covering anything that moves instead. That one is on EDC.

Simpson appears to be very highly regarded. It's not like it was a reach. If they like the player I trust him. They will address corner.

#14 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 28 April 2023 - 09:41 PM

Simpson appears to be very highly regarded. It's not like it was a reach. If they like the player I trust him. They will address corner.

I don't know - they gambled last year on WR and look what happened there.  I don't think the difference in grade between one of the top CB available (probably Ringo, maybe Clark Phillips) is big enough to warrant picking a position that isn't currently a need, unless they already have a trade in place for Queen.

#15 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 09:46 PM

I'm surprised, to say the least, that they didn't go corner with either of these picks. Especially when they've gone LB of all positions instead. I'm gonna try to take the optimistic approach though, and assume not only will they be signing a couple veteran corners in short order, but that the evaluation of Simpson was just too good to pass up. I don't know. They've spent far too many resources on the position at this point between draft picks and cap space.

#16 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,412 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 April 2023 - 09:50 PM

Did someone remind them their attempt to sign Darius Slay didn't work out?

#17 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 10:02 PM

Hard to say at this point in the draft.  Maybe they felt like the CBs left weren't going to help very soon and Simpson would have a better chance of contributing immediately.   Still leaves a gaping hole at CB.   Maybe they figure Marcus Peters isn't getting anyone to bite on him and he can be the fallback at a lesser price.   

#18 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 11:52 PM

A good Patrick Queen replacement. . .save for the minor issue of Queen still being here.

• BaltBird 24 and hallas like this

#19 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 07:06 AM

Not a fan of the Simpson pick, but the Ravens went with best player on the board, I guess.  I don't like undersized ILBs, a head scratching pick IMO.  Have to wait for EDC and John's explanation on this pick.  

#20 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 07:21 AM

Like this pick. Pretty clear now the 5th yr option isnt being picked up. Whether he sits behind Queen for a yr or Queen is traded seems we have made the decision to move on.
  • Hooded Viper likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=