#21 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 April 2023 - 10:24 PM

Ehh. Like the player. But at this point, WR is overkill.

We're starting Brandon Stephens at CB at the moment. And we take a luxury pick at WR with Porter and Banks on the board.

Guess the pendulum is going to swing massively in the other direction as far as play call balance.

Maybe overload for this year but OBJ is probably a 1 year guy at Duvernay is probably in his last year.

They promised a re-worked receiver room.  I like it.

@mikeghg

#22 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 April 2023 - 10:27 PM

The Ravens should have some money,  They will sign a DB or two.

@mikeghg

#23 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 10:36 PM

He basically looks like a Hollywood replacement.

#24 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,565 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 10:46 PM

Can't ever have enough WR talent, especially with two guys (Bateman and Beckham) with consistent injury issues.

#25 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 10:51 PM

Can't ever have enough WR talent, especially with two guys (Bateman and Beckham) with consistent injury issues.

That's a fair point. Very possible we have games next season with Flowers and Agohlar as the starting WR's.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#26 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,565 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 11:04 PM

That's a fair point. Very possible we have games next season with Flowers and Agohlar as the starting WR's.

Yup. Beckham, Bateman, Flowers, and Andrews all on the field together and healthy is just a fantasy. I'm sure by week 12 we'll be starting Agohlar, Duvernay, and Proche.

#27 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 April 2023 - 01:25 AM

They’ll sign Rock Ya-Sin or Peters next week or something, avoid comp picks. Not great, but not Stephens.

Supposedly CB is very deep, maybe still get someone tomorrow better than Stephens.

Fortunately this is a great year for CBs in the draft. I think they can get someone even in the 3rd Rd who could be better than Stephens, Peters, or whatever is left on the FA market. (they still might sign someone too, but hopefully more for depth)

#28 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,565 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 04:51 AM

I'd be cool with Ya-Sin and a rookie 3rd/4th rounder.

#29 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 05:23 AM

Ravens have now drafted three first-round receivers in the Lamar era so it's tough to say the FO hasn't tried to get him weapons.

• BaltBird 24 and Biggsy like this

#30 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 05:57 AM

I didn't have a problem with the Ravens going WR.  Mainly because when I look at their top 4 receivers I see:

OJB - didn't play at all last year, coming off of major injury, he'll be 31 this season and has not played more than 8 games since 2019

Bateman - coming off surgery, has missed 1/2 the games since he's been here

Agohlar - Slight upgrade over Watkins, Robinson, and other average receivers the Ravens have tried to make work

Duvernay - Good ST player, average receiver at best

So I don't have a problem still trying to bring talent in to upgrade the position.  Not sure how Flowers grades out. He seems like the typical WR type that the Ravens draft and then never develop.  But maybe with a new OC that changes.

My hesitation on it is that it seems like the Ravens went away from the philosophy of best player on the board with certain obvious exceptions.  I did not see many boards that had Flowers rated higher than the two remaining CBs or even Nolan Smith, edge from Georgia.  And I generally feel like with corner being a need, either Porter or Banks is probably a better percentage player to develop well within the Raven's system than Flowers.    

So we'll see.  If the receiver room does what it does so often and misses games, this pick might look brilliant half way through the season.  

#31 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 April 2023 - 06:22 AM

Ravens have now drafted three first-round receivers in the Lamar era so it's tough to say the FO hasn't tried to get him weapons.

They also extended and committed big resources to Ronnie Stanley and Mark Andrews, as well as drafted Linderbaum and Dobbins.

#32 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,937 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 07:24 AM

Porter is slip sliding away. Really aint even hearing he was an option at 22. Banks went 2 picks later so thats a fair couldve had guy. I like Flowers. Hes not gonna turn into an All Pro at his size but who does outside of Hill. If he gives me the threat and production Brown gave me in his time here Ill happily take that

#33 nickp

nickp
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 07:30 AM

We got an electric player maker With Zay flowers 

• SonicAttack likes this

#34 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 07:34 AM

Not sure i've gone into a draft knowing less about potential targets, maybe the rare years where we didn't have a first.  WR, DE, and CB were all major needs so happy to have gotten something there, I'll trust that it was a worthy pick.  happened to be able to catch the coverage on ESPN when they picked, and Kiper and Riddick both seemed to be gushing about how he'd fit the team.  But they almost always gush about the Ravens pick so not sure that is super meaningful beyond just a general trust of the Ravens in terms of drafting.

• PrimeTime likes this

#35 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 28 April 2023 - 07:36 AM

At last night's press conference, EDC deftly avoided answering a question about Queen's 5th year option. Perhaps there's a trade in the works to get into the 2nd round and address corner?
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#36 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 07:43 AM

I'd definitely trade 1 cheap year of Queen for 4 cheap years of a DB. Can't expect a Year 1 starter in Round 2, but added depth and then future potential starter would be worth doing, IMO

#37 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 07:44 AM

Porter is slip sliding away. Really aint even hearing he was an option at 22. Banks went 2 picks later so thats a fair couldve had guy. I like Flowers. Hes not gonna turn into an All Pro at his size but who does outside of Hill. If he gives me the threat and production Brown gave me in his time here Ill happily take that

Antonio Brown, Steve Smith, Wes Welker, DeSean Jackson, TY Hilton off top of my head. Maybe give or take an inch and maybe not all all pros, but plenty of good players at smaller size.

Steve Smith seems to love him, for whatever that's worth. Lots of people seem to be saying he's like Hollywood but tougher and better route runner, which works.

#38 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 07:45 AM

I'd definitely trade 1 cheap year of Queen for 4 cheap years of a DB. Can't expect a Year 1 starter in Round 2, but added depth and then future potential starter would be worth doing, IMO

Yeah for like a mid 3rd or something I'd rather just keep Queen probably for what he gives you this year, but for mid to high 2nd I pull the trigger.

#39 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,937 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 07:48 AM

At last night's press conference, EDC deftly avoided answering a question about Queen's 5th year option. Perhaps there's a trade in the works to get into the 2nd round and address corner?

Was considering that option earlier. Its possible. One thing I saw recently about 5th yr option is that its now fully guaranteed. That is a change in new CBA. The guy who dropped that nugget was opining that made early 2nd round picks a bit more valuable than late 1sts now. I dont know about that. You can always decline the option but regardless the full guarantee changes things. I dont expect them to pick up the option on Queen. EDC at any point couldve said yes or thats likely. He has in the past. Queen also scrubbed his social media of Ravens stuff awhile back. Kinda telling. Hes prob requested a trade. Its an interesting subplot to tonight. Not sure he is worth a 2nd but maybe a 3rd. Or they can just ride out his final year and likely take a nice comp pick for him next year. I think that plays a role too. The draft class this year is thought to be weaker than the projected one next year. What do you need to get back in compensation this year to make it worth losing Queen when youll likelt still recoup a comp pick

#40 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 28 April 2023 - 07:49 AM

Hopefully this is the one that finally breaks the 1st round receiver curse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=