• 155,717 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 09:47 PM

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 09:48 PM

CBS Sports: Zay Flowers NFL Draft profile: Strengths, concerns, scouting report, Fantasy Football & Dynasty outlooks, more

https://www.cbssport...-outlooks-more/

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 09:49 PM

PFN: Scouting Report
https://www.profootb...ng-report-2022/

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 09:49 PM

USA Today: Scouting Report

https://draftwire.us...couting-report/

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 09:50 PM

SI.com: Scouting Report
https://www.si.com/n...news/zayflowers

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 09:51 PM

#8 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 09:52 PM

Ehh. Like the player. But at this point, WR is overkill.

We're starting Brandon Stephens at CB at the moment. And we take a luxury pick at WR with Porter and Banks on the board.

Guess the pendulum is going to swing massively in the other direction as far as play call balance.

#9 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 09:53 PM

Flowers is explosive. No doubt about that

#10 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 09:54 PM

We're starting Brandon Stephens at CB at the moment. And we take a luxury pick at WR with Porter and Banks on the board.

Guess the pendulum is going to swing massively in the other direction as far as play call balance.

There’s no one but Bateman in ‘24 though right, it’s still a need imo. Agree CB is a bigger one though. Hope someone’s there in the 3rd.

#11 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 09:54 PM

Pretty much how I feel. The guy is an exciting player, so I'm going to hope that Monken is better at getting a player like him involved than Roman was (low bar).

But I was expecting other options at CB, trade back, Nuk trade, whatever.

#12 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 09:55 PM

Having nightmares of playing the Bengals 2 years ago with all of our CB's hurt. Burrow threw for like 800 yards and 10 TD's against us that year. Guess the plan is to just try and outscore him now.

#13 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 09:58 PM

Banks and Porter just arent top end CBs. I mean never say never but think CB2 potential.

Like that they seem committed to changing their offensive identity.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#14 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 09:58 PM

Yeah haven't looked to see CBs available. But WR definitely didn't need to be addressed in round one.

#15 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 10:01 PM

Banks and Porter just arent top end CBs. I mean never say never but think CB2 potential.

When look at our roster. I'm OK starting OBJ, Bateman and Duvernay with Andrews. I am not ok with starting Brandon Stephens as our CB2.

I'm sure they aren't done at CB this offseason. Especially with getting a deal with Lamar done, and getting a little cap relief from that.

Lamar is certainly running out of excuses. If they all stay healthy, he should have a ton of talent around him.

#16 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 10:03 PM

When look at our roster. I'm OK starting OBJ, Bateman and Duvernay with Andrews. I am not ok with starting Brandon Stephens as our CB2.

I'm sure they aren't done at CB this offseason. Especially with getting a deal with Lamar done, and getting a little cap relief from that.

Lamar is certainly running out of excuses. If they all stay healthy, he should have a ton of talent around him.

They’ll sign Rock Ya-Sin or Peters next week or something, avoid comp picks. Not great, but not Stephens.

Supposedly CB is very deep, maybe still get someone tomorrow better than Stephens.

#17 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 10:05 PM

Maybe, but if you don't have a 2nd round pick, it seems like relying on past their prime veterans is the plan instead. That may be fine between Peters/Fuller/Ya-Sin. I expect at least one of them to sign here after May 1st.

But the pendulum is definitely swinging the other way now. Monken and Lamar will hopefully make that well worth it.

#18 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 10:12 PM

I mean maybe its lazy butI see a lot of Hollywood Brown 2 0. Agile, good route runners that can get open and create space. Obviously neither are physical. Both right around 4.40 speed. Hopefully less attitude from Flowers. Hollywood 2.0 isnt really a bad thing. There is no doubt they needed more explosiveness at WR
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#19 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 10:18 PM

Wanted corner but happy with Flowers!
  • Mike B likes this

#20 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 10:21 PM

Put it this way, Flowers, in the age of NIL, decided to stay at Boston College for his senior year despite having the opportunity to transfer to a bigger school for his own gain. And proceeded to ball out. His coaches rave about him. I wouldn't anticipate any concerns.

I think he's got far more YAC ability than Hollywood, even at his size. Duvernay may be losing some of his already limited offensive role though, unless Monken plans on running a lot more 4 WR sets than the Ravens ever have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=