#61 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:29 AM

He clearly didnt earn it. Come again. Moved what goal posts? He didnt earn it in ST. If the manipulation part of the service time is what you think im moving the goalposts about I think that played a small part but it clearly wouldnt have mattered if he pitched well in ST. To think there was pressure on Elias because baseball dorks at BSL and his mom were angry and influenced him. Thats a funny take and a bad one.

But now he did earn it with his first AAA start eh? 

So confusing. 

Yeah, it was just the dorks at BSL (speak for yourself btw), and his mom. Definitely not the national media calling it out (which MLB Network did) and other publications. He got some bad press for the move, just facts. Mako makes a point, the history suggests he doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks, but it still makes me wonder sometimes.

Nothing was done between the decision to send him down, and now to make you feel better about this. I think they were being greedy with service time and it was a terrible look and this is a course correction.

With me saying all of this - I truly hope you are somehow able to still enjoy your day even with a soul over here in Bethesda being critical of your team, lol. So ridiculous. If only you knew how silly this was.

#62 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:31 AM

Yeah, articles should probably never question people in power - who receive hundreds of millions in tax payer money to do their business. So unnecessary to be questioned.

BTW, if there was any good faith attempt whatsoever between the team and their fans, a lot of this angst wouldn't exist. So they bring it on themselves.

Stick to the point of GRod sir. Dont care about what you say here. This article and any article criticizing the Os handling of GRod out of ST was off base IMO. As I said, much ado about nothing. But of course an Elias "hater" would say oh well the hardcore Os fans and Graysons mom pullled some power move and scared Eliad into calling him up now. He was backed into calling him up. He coulda called him up at any time. He didnt need Bradish going down to call him up if there was so much pressure on him to correct the GRod mistake. Anything to take shots at a simple and obvious roster move. Thats what this is. The 6th man in the rotation breaking camp takes over when one of the first 5 goes down. Easy rationale. Or not I guess.

#63 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:33 AM

Stick to the point of GRod sir. Dont care about what you say here. This article and any article criticizing the Os handling of GRod out of ST was off base IMO. As I said, much ado about nothing. But of course an Elias "hater" would say oh well the hardcore Os fans and Graysons mom pullled some power move and scared Eliad into calling him up now. He was backed into calling him up. He coulda called him up at any time. He didnt need Bradish going down to call him up if there was so much pressure on him to correct the GRod mistake. Anything to take shots at a simple and obvious roster move. Thats what this is. The 6th man in the rotation breaking camp takes over when one of the first 5 goes down. Easy rationale. Or not I guess.

Any thing criticizing Elias is off base to you. And you've continually been wrong about a lot of stuff, too. Not that you'll ever reflect on that and admit it, but you have been. 

Just last week leading up to Opening Day you were saying Elias would be foolish not to exploit the service time. Just one example. Clearly you were wrong.

#64 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:38 AM

So confusing.

Yeah, it was just the dorks at BSL (speak for yourself btw), and his mom. Definitely not the national media calling it out (which MLB Network did) and other publications. He got some bad press for the move, just facts. Mako makes a point, the history suggests he doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks, but it still makes me wonder sometimes.

Nothing was done between the decision to send him down, and now to make you feel better about this. I think they were being greedy with service time and it was a terrible look and this is a course correction.

With me saying all of this - I truly hope you are somehow able to still enjoy your day even with a soul over here in Bethesda being critical of your team, lol. So ridiculous. If only you knew how silly this was.

No course correcting. Thats insane and shows bias. The rationale as I stated above is the easiest and most obvious one. He was the 6th man in a 5 man race in ST and now thst 1 of the 5 is hurt hes the next man up.

I dont know what youre hurt about. Im as big of a baseball dork here or im Birdland. My opinions dont matter to Elias or anyone else either and critical. Im getting teased in other threads for going at Hyde and Gunnars D so Im not critical of my team. Im harder on them than anyone.

#65 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:40 AM

Any thing criticizing Elias is off base to you. And you've continually been wrong about a lot of stuff, too. Not that you'll ever reflect on that and admit it, but you have been.

Just last week leading up to Opening Day you were saying Elias would be foolish not to exploit the service time. Just one example. Clearly you were wrong.

No I still think hes foolish for not exploiting the service time. Assuming GRod stays up which is what I expect. That extra year is more important. Ive never said I love this decision. Im just defending why it was made in the first place and now that its happened Im hoping GRod is excellent.

#66 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:41 AM

No course correcting. Thats insane and shows bias. The rationale as I stated above is the easiest and most obvious one. He was the 6th man in a 5 man race in ST and now thst 1 of the 5 is hurt hes the next man up.

I dont know what youre hurt about. Im as big of a baseball dork here or im Birdland. My opinions dont matter to Elias or anyone else either and critical. Im getting teased in other threads for going at Hyde and Gunnars D so Im not critical of my team. Im harder on them than anyone.

Lol, you're one of a kind dude. I guess you just don't get it - don't have this in you, I should let it go. Continue shitting on people you disagree with and wonder why people don't like it, seems like a fun life. 

#67 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:42 AM

No I still think hes foolish for not exploiting the service time. Assuming GRod stays up which is what I expect. That extra year is more important. Ive never said I love this decision. Im just defending why it was made in the first place and now that its happened Im hoping GRod is excellent.

You have no damn clue why it was made. Lol, good lord man. Just listen to yourself. What the F do you think you know as fact over anyone else here? 

#68 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:44 AM

I'm just glad a highly rated prospect is getting an early look. Sucks it's at the expense of Bradish. GRod should have already be on the roster. Get his major league development going sooner rather than later IMO. 

Don't really care about 2029. Orioles are probably playing in Nashville by then. Beside, I've asked before, who on the team currently are we glad they held back in 2017 so they could be here cheaper today? That's how little that manipulation matters in the future, while it has a huge impact in the present. 

Give em' hell, kid. 

I could see service time manipulation being a difference maker for a position player, but much less so a pitcher. Every pitcher I can think of that has come up through the Orioles system this century has either flamed out or been traded by Year 6. I believe them when they say service time was not a consideration when GR was sent down, though it’s very curious he’s back up so fast when there appeared to be other options available.

#69 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:49 AM

Lol, you're one of a kind dude. I guess you just don't get it - don't have this in you, I should let it go. Continue shitting on people you disagree with and wonder why people don't like it, seems like a fun life.

Whatever man. Im not shitting on anyone. Maybe I shouldnt use the word "insane" but its also not meant to be taken literally. Its clearly an exagerration. I stand by the overall point. This was a basic move to go to the 6th man in a race after one of the first 5 went down. It absolutely ticks me off and I couldnt disagree more that this was some move made because of pressure on Elias. If he hadnt made this move and went with Watkins or any other arm we would hear that hes full of shit still claiming its not about service time. You woulda played both sides of the coin to bash Elias now because you didnt like the initial decision.

#70 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:56 AM

Whatever man. Im not shitting on anyone. Maybe I shouldnt use the word "insane" but its also not meant to be taken literally. Its clearly an exagerration. I stand by the overall point. This was a basic move to go to the 6th man in a race after one of the first 5 went down. It absolutely ticks me off and I couldnt disagree more that this was some move made because of pressure on Elias. If he hadnt made this move and went with Watkins or any other arm we would hear that hes full of shit still claiming its not about service time. You woulda played both sides of the coin to bash Elias now because you didnt like the initial decision.

Wow, what a travesty that would be. I don't know how the organization could possibly to continue to exist if this turned out to be true. 

Like who cares? Fan how you want. I'm sick of being attacked for thinking differently than you do about this stuff. The sooner you get that through your head, the sooner we can move on.

#71 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:56 AM

You have no damn clue why it was made. Lol, good lord man. Just listen to yourself. What the F do you think you know as fact over anyone else here?

Lol. How does me explaining what I wouldve done garner this response but my response to this post is the one I made above. Ill stick to believing the most logical reasons are the reasons decisions are made. In this case its because GRod is clearly the next up for the rotation. Not because it wouldve been Bruce Zimmerman had you, GRods mom, and a bunch of other Os hardcores all were hurt he didnt break camp. Btw plenty of people here besides me thought it was fair to keep GRod down. Not like it was some unanimously panned decision.

#72 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:57 AM

Lol. How does me explaining what I wouldve done garner this response but my response to this post is the one I made above. Ill stick to believing the most logical reasons are the reasons decisions are made. In this case its because GRod is clearly the next up for the rotation. Not because it wouldve been Bruce Zimmerman had you, GRods mom, and a bunch of other Os hardcores all were hurt he didnt break camp pressured him. Btw plenty of people here besides me thought it was fair to keep GRod down. Not like it was some unanimously panned decision.

Yeah, those people aren't going out of their way to take a giant shit on people who think otherwise. Share your take on the situation, and move on. 

#73 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 11:00 AM

Wow, what a travesty that would be. I don't know how the organization could possibly to continue to exist if this turned out to be true.

Like who cares? Fan how you want. I'm sick of being attacked for thinking differently than you do about this stuff. The sooner you get that through your head, the sooner we can move on.

Ok man. Its cool to play both sides of a decision to bash the decision maker. Sounds like what happens in politics if youre too far to one side. I know for the most part youre not this type of person. So take the last shot if you want. Im very cool with where I am on this particular GRod discussion.

#74 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 11:02 AM

I could see service time manipulation being a difference maker for a position player, but much less so a pitcher. Every pitcher I can think of that has come up through the Orioles system this century has either flamed out or been traded by Year 6. I believe them when they say service time was not a consideration when GR was sent down, though it’s very curious he’s back up so fast when there appeared to be other options available.

I mean, take everything Elias tells us with a grain of salt. Unless its about not being ready to win :)

He said he wanted to see Gunnar do about seven things better before he would be ready to call him up last season. Improve his LHP/RHP splits, improved defense, improved plate discipline, can't remember them all. He was called up 5 days later. Crazy to improve all those things so significantly in the small sample size of under a week. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#75 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 April 2023 - 11:02 AM

Ok man. Its cool to play both sides of a decision to bash the decision maker. Sounds like what happens in politics if youre too far to one side. I know for the most part youre not this type of person. So take the last shot if you want. Im very cool with where I am on this particular GRod discussion.

I’m cool with where you are on the Grod situation too, even if I disagree. I’m not cool with my posts being called BS, insane, etc, because we see things differently.
  • JStruds likes this

#76 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 05 April 2023 - 11:03 AM

I mean, take everything Elias tells us with a grain of salt. Unless its about not being ready to win :)

He said he wanted to see Gunnar do about seven things better before he would be ready to call him up last season. Improve his LHP/RHP splits, improved defense, improved plate discipline, can't remember them all. He was called up 5 days later. Crazy to improve all those things so significantly in the small sample size of under a week. 

Don't forget work on his defense at first base lol

• Mike in STL likes this

she/her

#77 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 05 April 2023 - 05:20 PM

So confusing. 

I don't think the 1 start made much of a difference.  He was clearly the last man out, and he also got fortunate that Bradish's injury situation lined up well with his next scheduled start.  And he pitched well, so that bodes well for him staying up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=