#22 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,349 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 30 March 2023 - 10:45 AM

Oh, Gunnar at DH. I didn't even think of that as a plausible option. I don't hate it for today but wouldn't want it to be consistent.

#23 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 10:46 AM

Hyde said his OpDay defensive alignment has a lot to do with Kyle Gibson, who pitches to contact on the mound. Wanted Urias’ Gold Glove at third and wanted Gunnar’s bat in lineup. He said expect it to move around a lot depending on who’s on mound for O’s and opposition.

#24 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,455 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 March 2023 - 10:48 AM

Paralysis by analysis. I prefer to give Gunnar a position to play every day, and many have suggested he could nab a gold glove at 3B.
  • Mike B, Nigel Tufnel and DuffMan like this

#25 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 March 2023 - 10:48 AM

As long as 80 % of Henderson's starts are at 3rd or SS, I am fine with a DH start today.

@mikeghg

#26 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 March 2023 - 10:49 AM

Paralysis by analysis. I prefer to give Gunnar a position to play every day, and many have suggested he could nab a gold glove at 3B.

I think eventually he will settle in to 3B.

The stat brigade is going to come up with twists though, so we better get used to it.

@mikeghg

#27 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,721 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 30 March 2023 - 10:49 AM

Elias need that big FA acquisition in the field as well, got to let the AL East know we mean business!

#28 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 10:51 AM

Only a couple hours to go, sitting on my Linai in sunny Florida, smoking a cigar and excitement meter is off the charts! God I hope Gibson is strong today! Kluber isn’t what he once was but can still be effective against young hitters!

My lineup:

CF Larry Mullins Jr
3B Guns
C Adley
DH Sahn-Tahn-Dare
1B Mounty
LF Blond Ambition
RF Hays
2B Frazier (best 2b defender)
SS Maestro

#29 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,455 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 March 2023 - 10:52 AM

Elias need that big FA acquisition in the field as well, got to let the AL East know we mean business!

Yep, this is unequivocally 100% not the best lineup. I think their computers are broken.

#30 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,752 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 11:03 AM

No problem having what is likely the best defensive lineup on the field today. Especially in the Inf.

#31 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,455 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 March 2023 - 11:14 AM

On The Verge did a predictions show and one of them was relentless criticism of Hyde’s lineups and decisions now that there’s pressure and based on how he did down the stretch last year.

That didn’t take long.

They also could’ve predicted TwentyThirtyFive defending all of the criticism, and they’d be 2/2 right out of the gate. ;)
  • DuffMan and PrimeTime like this

#32 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,536 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 30 March 2023 - 11:17 AM

LETS GO MFERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• You Play to Win the Game and Hooded Viper like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#33 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,752 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 11:20 AM

On The Verge did a predictions show and one of them was relentless criticism of Hyde’s lineups and decisions now that there’s pressure and based on how he did down the stretch last year.

That didn’t take long.

They also could’ve predicted TwentyThirtyFive defending all of the criticism, and they’d be 2/2 right out of the gate. ;)

I mean this is a Hyde decision who Im undecided on. If I had a lean it would be that hes not the guy so...... doesnt add up.

This decision to have the best defense on the field OD with a ground ball pitcher is good with me. Its not like Urias is a zero with the bat

#34 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 11:21 AM

1. ROSTER BREAKDOWN: The Orioles open the 2023 season with 13 pitchers and 13 position players on the active roster...Six players have made their first career Opening Day roster: Kyle BradishLogan GillaspieGunnar HendersonAdley RutschmanKyle Stowers, and Terrin Vavra...Fifteen of the 26 players were on Baltimore’s Opening Day roster in 2022, while four players will be making their O’s debut: Danny CoulombeAdam FrazierKyle Gibson, and Cole Irvin...James McCann begins the season on the 10-day Injured List, Mychal Givens and Dillon Tate begin the year on the 15-day Injured List, and John Means begins the year on the 60-day Injured List

1. GRAPEFRUIT LEAGUE RECAP: The Orioles went 16-13-3 in Spring Training, including 10-4-3 at Ed Smith Stadium and 6-9-0 on the road, and finished in fourth place in the Grapefruit League standings...The O's drew 100,009 fans in 17 dates at Ed Smith Stadium this spring, including three sellout crowds...Marked Baltimore's first spring with a winning record since 2020 (10-9-3).

AGAINST BOSTON: Today will mark Gibson's ninth career start against the Red Sox; he's gone 3-4 with a 3.38 ERA (19 ER/50.2 IP) in his first eight career starts against Boston... Opening Day will be his fifth career start at Fenway Park, where he's gone 2-1 with a 1.57 ERA (5 ER/28.2 IP) and 23 strikeouts.

AGAINST THE AL EAST: In 54 career games (53 GS) against the AL East, Gibson has gone 21-19 with a 4.56 ERA (155 ER/306.0 IP) and 245 strikeouts...Has gone 11-7 with a 4.13 ERA (63 ER/137.1 IP) and 113 strikeouts in 24 road starts against the division...Made only one start against an AL East opponent in 2022, on September 20 vs. Toronto.

Orioles v Kluber

Hays .235 4 for 17 2 hr 3 rbi

Mateo 333 4 for 12 3 rbi

Mountcastle 227 5 for 22 2 rbi

Mullins 348 8 for 23 1 rbi

Rutschman 182 2 for 11 1 hr 3 rbi

Urias 462 6 for 13 3 rbi

https://img.mlbstati...3kvvr9yzw4c.pdf

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#35 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 March 2023 - 11:22 AM

There is no chance Hyde, fielded this lineup, with out the numbers guys having their say.

It must be a real game today, because the lineup scrutiny has begun.   :-P

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#36 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 11:22 AM

I mean this is a Hyde decision who Im undecided on. If I had a lean it would be that hes not the guy so...... doesnt add up.

This decision to have the best defense on the field OD with a ground ball pitcher is good with me. Its not like Urias is a zero with the bat

Urias hits over 400 against this pitcher

#37 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,752 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 11:26 AM

Yeah didnt look up his numbers vs Kluber. Obviously that helps too. Lol

#38 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,455 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 March 2023 - 11:28 AM

I know I have to just accept this for now, but I find it absurd Frazier is just going to be run out there with the available options and flexibility they have. This isn’t the best lineup today.

#39 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,455 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 March 2023 - 11:29 AM

https://img.mlbstati...3kvvr9yzw4c.pdf

Damn, a 1.57 ERA at Fenway over 28 innings is pretty damn nice. Let’s get it started the right way, Gibson.

#40 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 30 March 2023 - 11:40 AM

Kyle Gibson will be an interesting piece of trivia in a few years when you’re naming the OD starters of the last 15 years. 

Tommy Milone will be much harder

• Mike B likes this

she/her

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=