Photo

BSL: What Current Orioles Have An Uncertain Future?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 27 February 2023 - 07:25 PM

https://baltimorespo...certain-future/

1 outfielder, 2 infielders and 1 pitcher!

• BSLChrisStoner, Mike B and BSLSteveBirrer like this

she/her

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 March 2023 - 01:58 PM

https://baltimorespo...certain-future/

1 outfielder, 2 infielders and 1 pitcher!

Nice job Jordan!  I think you are right on with the players you mentioned.

Hays, I think this is the make or break year with Hays.  I thought he was emerging last year, but the second half was bad.  I think he played through some injuries (it seemed like he was getting hit on the hands or wrist weekly) and I think the left field wall effected him but he needs to be better this year.  The interesting thing to me is that while the left field wall cost him offensively, it also helps him because the Orioles need him or someone with his defensive skills to play out there.

Mateo-  If he could hit .250 with an OBP of .300-..320 he could be a real force for the Orioles and probably would steal more than 50 bases. Combined that with GG defense and he would have a lot of value.  

Urias, I was stunned at how well he played 3B.  He was terrific and swung a decent bat.  As his price goes up, he will likely be traded.  It could happen this year.

Voth - seems to be the forgotten man so far this spring.  He seems destined to be heading back to the pen, and I wonder if his numbers head back up.  He was really solid as a starter last year.

@mikeghg

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 March 2023 - 01:59 PM

One other thought, I wonder if the Dodgers would have interest in Mateo after losing Lux for the year.

• BobPhelan likes this
@mikeghg

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 02:16 PM

All of them.

Adley less so since he was the best player on the team Day 1 but none of the other guys are certain to do anything.

Such is baseball. Such is life.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 03:09 PM

One other thought, I wonder if the Dodgers would have interest in Mateo after losing Lux for the year.

Doing something big is more their style.  Wonder if the White Sox would consider a Tim Anderson trade if they're not in the race at the deadline.  He'd still have one more year under contract as well.

#6 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 01 March 2023 - 03:39 PM

Yeah the Dodgers have 7 top 100 guys and and 3 in the top 40, they'll definitely have the prospect capital to make a move if needed

she/her

#7 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 03:47 PM

Dodgers (Gomes) have likely already called a half dozen teams about potential trade partners (Elias included). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=