Photo

PressBox: Stan ‘The Fan’ Charles: John Angelos Says He’s Not Going Anywhere … And I’m Good With That

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,562 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 01 March 2023 - 05:50 PM

Since some folks in this thread are grading the deadline trade by the end of the season results, I'll follow suit and say that further supports the argument for not trading Lopez, since the O's would eventually need to have a substitute for Bautista and/or Tate.

That's fair, right? Two way street, and all that?

My opinions of the trades hasn’t changed (I was very alone at the time), if anything I only like them more just by learning more about the players we acquired.
  • weird-O likes this

#122 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 01 March 2023 - 06:37 PM

Since some folks in this thread are grading the deadline trade by the end of the season results, I'll follow suit and say that further supports the argument for not trading Lopez, since the O's would eventually need to have a substitute for Bautista and/or Tate. 

That's fair, right? Two way street, and all that?

I'm in the majority opinion regarding the trade, but I don't think "because our other guys might get injured and not be ready next season" is a reason not to do it.

#123 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,234 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 02 March 2023 - 08:07 AM

This whole discussion is sickening. I feel like I am reading a thread on a politician and not some MLB executive. I have almost zero faith in Elias. He talks in circles and changes the end state to fit ....hell I don't know to fit what.

I will enjoy watching the young core this summer and hopefully see a couple more come up and contribute. But my hope that we have a GM to take us to the next level is trending downward. We'll see what happens come July and then next offseason. But IMO that will be his last chance to make some serious moves to get me back in his camp.

#124 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 02 March 2023 - 08:55 AM

I'm in the majority opinion regarding the trade, but I don't think "because our other guys might get injured and not be ready next season" is a reason not to do it.

I was being sarcastic and using that post to point out the foolishness of using an unrelated, future outcome to champion a trade when your 1.5 games out of a playoff spot. 

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#125 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 02 March 2023 - 11:02 AM

I was being sarcastic and using that post to point out the foolishness of using an unrelated, future outcome to champion a trade when your 1.5 games out of a playoff spot. 

Ahhhh, totally missed that.

#126 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,683 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 02 March 2023 - 10:35 PM

The only thing we can confidently say about his contract, per court filings, is that he has autonomy to run baseball operations. 

I'd be interested to know how long Elias has before he would be free to seek opportunities elsewhere, with more committed ownership. 

I'd suggest that what we learned last summer was intentional to an end state.  If Elias wanted out, he would have (or should have?) left.  He's chosen to stick around.

We've seen since the middle of January, when Elias re-emerged playing second fiddle to Angelos, that John Angelos is back in the role that he wants.  It's why he has 4 engagements over the last month plus.  Why Stan is doing this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=