#161 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 13 April 2023 - 08:28 PM

Good. I still think Kremer deserves some more time considering his production last year and the age he did it at.

#162 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 08:44 PM

Honestly pretty shocked they optioned Irvin instead of Rodriguez.

Nah. They were always committed to GRod once they brought him up. They arent going to mess with him unless it gets real bad.

Im a little surprised its Irvin over Kremer but both deserved it.

#163 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 08:47 PM

Irvin has been worse than Kremer. I'm shocked they were so short with Irvin considering his track record.

#164 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 13 April 2023 - 08:50 PM

This is just a need for fresh arms and he hasn't performed so he gets the bus ticket.

He'll probably miss a (ML) start and be back up.

#165 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 13 April 2023 - 08:58 PM

Irvin has been worse than Kremer. I'm shocked they were so short with Irvin considering his track record.

Not by the advanced stats. Not by my eyes either. I wouldve bet on Irvin being better next time out. Regardless both have been brutal and deserved the demotion

#166 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,720 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 08:11 AM

Irvin up for Kremer seems likely.

#167 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,427 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 08:14 AM

This a scoop or opinion based on their recent outings?

I'm down with the change.  Kremer's got the upside, but also the downside.  The way the rest of the team has been playing, I'll take the hopeful consistent mediocrity that Irvin provides.  He was obviously worse than that early on this year, but hopefully just a brief funk.

#168 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,720 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 08:18 AM

This a scoop or opinion based on their recent outings?

I'm down with the change.  Kremer's got the upside, but also the downside.  The way the rest of the team has been playing, I'll take the hopeful consistent mediocrity that Irvin provides.  He was obviously worse than that early on this year, but hopefully just a brief funk.

Just opinion. 

I'm a fan of Kremer, but those two most recent starts after his one quality start....  that was enough rope for me. 

Irvin had a quality outing yesterday.   Days are lined up.    Obviously Irvin has the experience. 

I figure they just make the switch. 

#169 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 08:21 AM

Shouldve always been Kremer and not Irvin. Said that from the jump. Kremer is likely one of the 5 worst SP in baseball.

#170 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 08:28 AM

Shouldve always been Kremer and not Irvin. Said that from the jump. Kremer is likely one of the 5 worst SP in baseball.

Irvin clearly was lost. More than double his normal walk rate (5.7 vs career 2.2), and he can't be adequate like that. Back to 1.6 in his AAA starts so maybe he figured out what was going wrong. Or maybe it was all small samples. 

#171 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 08:35 AM

I get that Irvin was bad too. But again, I really believe Kremer is one of the 5 or so worst SP in MLB

#172 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 30 April 2023 - 11:39 AM

Give Irvin another shot, and get Hall up here too.  

#173 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 01:27 PM

Hall was up here yesterday. Didn’t go so well.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#174 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 April 2023 - 01:57 PM

Hall was up here yesterday. Didn’t go so well.

He was fine. Not efficient but fine. 7 Ks, 1 BB. Velo is down, extension is up in an attempt to balance stuff and control.

#175 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 06 May 2023 - 06:35 AM

Over four starts covering 24 innings Irvin has walked three batters, only one in his last two starts (13 innings). I think he's back up soon.

#176 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 May 2023 - 12:25 PM

Welcome Back Cole Irvin....good bye Gillaspie.  

@mikeghg

#177 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 16 May 2023 - 12:41 PM

Welcome Back Cole Irvin....good bye Gillaspie.  

Well, we were both right Gillaspie would be gone today. Didn't see Irvin being the guy coming up though. It's the 5th day since his last start, so with the rotation seemingly set until (maybe) GR's next turn, I guess Irvin is going to be a bullpen guy for now.

Also didn't see that Stowers was optioned yesterday, but apparently no corresponding call-up?

#178 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 16 May 2023 - 12:50 PM

Well, we were both right Gillaspie would be gone today. Didn't see Irvin being the guy coming up though. It's the 5th day since his last start, so with the rotation seemingly set until (maybe) GR's next turn, I guess Irvin is going to be a bullpen guy for now.

Also didn't see that Stowers was optioned yesterday, but apparently no corresponding call-up?

Gillaspie came up for him.

#179 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 16 May 2023 - 12:56 PM

Gillaspie came up for him.

Ah yes. Duh. For some reason Gillaspie's recall didn't appear on the transaction list I was looking at.

Interesting decision on Irvin to the BP, no? Especially since they had him starting the whole time at Norfolk.

#180 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 May 2023 - 01:21 PM

I hope Gillaspie did not rent the room for more than a night.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=