45 replies to this topic

#41 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 02:51 PM

Really enjoyed this.  From the very first scene with the talk show in the 70s, it was very well done.  As often is the case with shows like this, the best episodes were somewhat compartmentalized, but still did a great job of the larger storyline.

I hadn't played the game so went in with no awareness.

• BobPhelan likes this

#42 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 March 2023 - 07:30 AM

How about that moment right before the flash bang?  Ellie and Joel talking about puns and you just see the fireflys appear in the background of the shot, chilling

#43 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 14 March 2023 - 09:42 AM

As someone who didn't play the games it was fun processing Joel's decision. I think I understand it just because it's been 20 years since everything started and he's probably pretty well-adjusted to everything where going back to "normal" wouldn't be worth leaving basically the only human connection he has left (I know his brother is alive but you get my point)

she/her

#44 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 March 2023 - 03:38 PM

Even if they figured out a cure (big if), could the way the world has become ever really get back to civilized? Joel turned into a monster but it’s not like the firefly’s we’re much better, neither gave Ellie a choice.
  • DuffMan likes this

#45 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 14 March 2023 - 06:58 PM

Another aspect of the moral dilemma is should he do what's best for humanity or best for the planet and all species in it? The giraffe scene was a glimpse of restored nature on top of man made concrete buildings. We're literally destroying the Earth, and who's to say harvesting her brain was the ONLY way?

The lie though...oof.

I'd have just been like, listen, they knocked you out and were gonna harvest your brain without even asking. I thought that was wrong and made a judgement call.
  • BobPhelan and Dupin like this
@DaKittenz

#46 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 14 March 2023 - 07:36 PM

As someone who didn't play the games it was fun processing Joel's decision. I think I understand it just because it's been 20 years since everything started and he's probably pretty well-adjusted to everything where going back to "normal" wouldn't be worth leaving basically the only human connection he has left (I know his brother is alive but you get my point)

I believe him and Tommy are more estranged in the game, but it's been a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=