#22 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 13 February 2023 - 02:18 PM

The actor who plays Sam is from the Bowie area and plays Ice Hockey for their youth team.

Just another stellar episode, I like that we don't get the infected all the time (humans are the real villains anyway), makes their appearances more impactful when they do show up.

I too knew the ending was coming, but it didn't make it any easier.  The fact that Sam was Deaf and had to use his board to write down what was wrong was even more heartbreaking.

• You Play to Win the Game and BobPhelan like this

#23 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 February 2023 - 11:30 AM

A couple of thoughts about this show. Pascal has been fantastic (he can do so much with his facial expressions that let you know what he is feeling), and I've really been impressed with Ramsey as Ellie.  There wasn't much for Ramsey to work with at first, but since they've been out of Boston she has really done well.  Furthermore, it's not just the two leads that have been great but all the characters they've met along the way.  Bill, Frank, Sam, Henry, and Kathleen they've been able to do so much and make such an impact despite being on the show for a short while.

#24 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 February 2023 - 02:45 PM

Me to my wife:  "There shouldn't be anything major that happens this week" .... Joel gets impaled by a bat...  "O yeah I forgot about that, sorry"

The dialogue this week was top notch.  The emotional impact of the Tommy/Joel and Joel/Ellie scenes really packed a punch.   

#25 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 21 February 2023 - 03:49 PM

Are they planning on following the source material from Part 2? Generally speaking.

#26 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 21 February 2023 - 03:51 PM

This show is so so good
  • BobPhelan likes this
@DaKittenz

#27 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 21 February 2023 - 04:37 PM

Are they planning on following the source material from Part 2? Generally speaking.

Yes. Just spread over two seasons I believe.

#28 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 21 February 2023 - 05:46 PM

It’s good, sometimes great. But there is something missing for me. Maybe it’s because I can’t help but feel the “been there done that” aspect of zombie apocalypse shows and movies.

still this has to be the best adaption of a video game ever, and it’s not even close. 

• BobPhelan likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#29 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 23 February 2023 - 08:13 PM

I don't know if I want to watch that.  The second game was not good.

For the record, not for the reasons the neckbeards hate it.

#30 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 23 February 2023 - 08:27 PM

It’s good, sometimes great. But there is something missing for me. Maybe it’s because I can’t help but feel the “been there done that” aspect of zombie apocalypse shows and movies.

still this has to be the best adaption of a video game ever, and it’s not even close.

Mortal Kombat begs to differ

#31 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 February 2023 - 02:20 PM

The young kid (Keivonn Woodard) who played Sam in the episode 2 weeks ago is a Prince George’s County native and got to meet Ovechkin today. Is a huge Caps fan apparently.

https://www.instagra...g_web_copy_link

He’s deaf in real life.
  • DuffMan likes this

#32 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 02:17 PM

Mortal Kombat begs to differ

Ironically MK featured quite a bit in the last episode.

I'll ride for the MK 1995 film, though. Good cheesy fun.

• Mashed Potatoes likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#33 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 06 March 2023 - 07:18 AM

Chilling episode last night.  I remembered the big beats that were coming, but I forgot about some of the twists along the way, like Joel absolutely brutalizing those guys to get the information he needed. 

I said it before and I'll say it again, it's not just the Joel and Ellie show.  This show continues to do a great job finding a supporting cast that is just as great and we got another great performance last night from the actor who was playing David.  The creepy vibes were just coming off of him the entire episode.

• BobPhelan likes this

#34 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 06 March 2023 - 07:59 AM

I’m not ready for next week…

#35 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 06 March 2023 - 12:13 PM

I've never played the video game so this has all been new to me. As a fan of the Walking Dead and post apocalyptic stuff in general, I'm really enjoying the show.

This week's episode had a Terminus vibe there at the end.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#36 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 06 March 2023 - 12:22 PM

I’m not ready for next week…

Im lnot watching just reading posts here and guessing where we are in the timeline. Seems to me Ellie is about to put in some work next week.

#37 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 06 March 2023 - 08:19 PM

I knew that was Troy Baker!  Actual Joel was in the episode!

• DuffMan likes this

#38 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 06 March 2023 - 09:19 PM

Im lnot watching just reading posts here and guesses where the we are in the timeline. Seems to me Ellie is about to put in some work next week.

Ellie f'd some dudes up this week.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#39 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 13 March 2023 - 02:25 PM

Knowing what was coming in the finale didn't make that one any easier, ugh.   First of all shout out to Bella Ramsey, the haunted look in her face in this one as she was dealing with the fallout from the events at the lake was tough to see.   As equally as impressive Pedro Pascal, the fury in his eyes when Marlene was telling him what was about to happen, damn.  I knew what was going down, but damn it still made me sad watching Joel make his choice and then the "lie" ugh.  The use of music or lack there of in certain moments in this episode was great.   I also thought it was  a nice touch that they got Ashley Johnson the voice of Ellie in the video game to portray Ellie's mom in this episode.  I thought they looked pretty similar too. 

Really a fantastic adaptation of the videogame, easily the best videogame adaptation ever.  My only nitpick would be that they could have used maybe a few more clickers here and there, but that is a minor complaint barely worth mentioning.  If I had to pick I would think that my favorite episode of the season was 5 which included Sam and Henry.

I only ever played the first video game, but I think I'm finally ready to give Part II a play through over the Summer when I've got some time.

• BobPhelan and Dupin like this

#40 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 March 2023 - 02:32 PM

Pretty much a perfect season of television.
  • Mashed Potatoes and DuffMan like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=