21 replies to this topic

#21 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 06:36 AM

While I do think there will be multiple teams interested in Lamar, if I'm the Ravens I try to focus in on the lousy teams with higher picks. Chances are they won't be good next year either regardless of having him at quarterback so that would make the No. 1 for next year a solid pick too.  Trading him to the Jets wouldn't be as significant because Lamar would probably put them over the hump in 2023, they'd probably make the playoffs and have a bottom end, first rounder in 2024.  I mean, any additional pick in the first round is great but if it's a top 10, you can't undervalue that. 

Any team that trades for him would improve unless they get racked with injuries. Carolina & Atlanta could win their division with the other teams there. If the Bills win it all they could take a step back and it improves the Jets chances. Houston might be the only team that might be in line for a top 10 pick next season. The other 3 in the high teens or playoffs with Lamar.

#22 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 06:51 AM

I still think he eventually signs with the Ravens, but I am nowhere near as confident as I was.  

I also am not 100%, I would trust enough to spend 250 M or more.

Nothing is 100% but I believe they'll get it done. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=