• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 08:07 AM

CBS Sports: Lamar Jackson landing spots: Jets, Falcons, Patriots among 15 potential destinations for Ravens' star QB

https://www.cbssport...ravens-star-qb/

#2 Tranquil1

Tranquil1
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationFrankford, Delaware

Posted 18 January 2023 - 08:22 AM

If the Houston rumor has any validity, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat! 2, 12, a 3, next years 1 and 2? I think  a team would be insane not to take that!

#3 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 08:44 AM

If the Houston rumor has any validity, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat! 2, 12, a 3, next years 1 and 2? I think a team would be insane not to take that!

That's basically Stroud/Young, one of the top WRs in the class, and what is likely a defensive or OL stud in next year's class, with a 3rd rounder and a 2nd rounder for good measure.

Sign me up.

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,365 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 08:47 AM

I'd still prefer to sign him but can't deny that'd be a huge package.  Including #2 overall really makes it more like four #1s plus some more, since that pick would take any other team at least two #1st to acquire.

I'd max out at 5/$250M and would be willing to guarantee the whole thing if that's what it takes.  If he wants more than that or just wants out, that's the only way I'd pivot and look to trade him.  I'm sure the Ravens are out at a lot less than that, especially when it comes to guaranteed money, and think a trade is more likely than an extension at this point.

#5 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 09:09 AM

Where is there any Houston rumor from a valid source

#6 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,343 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 January 2023 - 09:12 AM

Pretty sure it's all strictly speculative at this point.

#7 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 09:15 AM

Pretty sure it's all strictly speculative at this point.

Wasnt it speculation that started here. If someone is even talking about a "rumor that was started by fans.... :roll:

#8 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 09:29 AM

It was from a PFF article.

https://www.pff.com/...k-lamar-jackson

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#9 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 09:48 AM

Appreciate this. It is nothing more then a thought excercise. Thats not a rumor. I did see the article from somewhere that said the Jets would make a huge push to get Lamar if he were available. Thats a rumor and one we can discuss.

#10 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 09:50 AM

That’s not rumor. That’s just where their team of analysts think he could land based on the variables involved.

To my knowledge the only team that has mentioned Jackson’s name is the Jets. I certainly hope the Ravens are calling a lot of teams, looking for the best possible deal.
@BSLMikeRandall

#11 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 18 January 2023 - 02:27 PM

If the Houston rumor has any validity, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat! 2, 12, a 3, next years 1 and 2? I think  a team would be insane not to take that!

If Houston offers this then their entire FO should be fired.  This year's 2 and 12 is enough by itself to beat any other team's offer.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#12 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 02:29 PM

If Houston offers this then their entire FO should be fired.  This year's 2 and 12 is enough by itself to beat any other team's offer.

Yup, they're just starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel from the disaster Bill O'Brien left.

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 02:34 PM

Agreed.  Honestly If all the Ravens were offered was the 2nd overall, I'd think the Ravens would have to legitimately consider.  At 2 overall, you know'd you have one of Stroud or Young.   If you are going to move on from Jackson, that's how you want to start. 

Of course you have to maximize the return, so best offer wins.... but fully agree, I can't see anyone offering more than the 2nd and 12th overall picks.

#14 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 January 2023 - 03:20 PM

I still think he eventually signs with the Ravens, but I am nowhere near as confident as I was.  

I also am not 100%, I would trust enough to spend 250 M or more.

@mikeghg

#15 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 03:22 PM

Agreed. Honestly If all the Ravens were offered was the 2nd overall, I'd think the Ravens would have to legitimately consider. At 2 overall, you know'd you have one of Stroud or Young. If you are going to move on from Jackson, that's how you want to start.

Of course you have to maximize the return, so best offer wins.... but fully agree, I can't see anyone offering more than the 2nd and 12th overall picks.

I should probably caveat this by mentioning maybe the Jets if they include Sauce, but the consensus here seems to be that they'd have to be crazier than Houston offering 2, 12, and next year's 1st and 2nd to include Sauce.

#16 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 07:43 PM

I should probably caveat this by mentioning maybe the Jets if they include Sauce, but the consensus here seems to be that they'd have to be crazier than Houston offering 2, 12, and next year's 1st and 2nd to include Sauce.

Gardner looks like the next shutdown CB. I just don't see NY giving up the next Revis after only one year.

#17 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 07:43 PM

Also, I wonder how mad people would be if we traded Lamar for 2, 12 and a first next season. Then took Jalen Carter 2nd overall and Anthony Richardson at 12. lol

#18 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 08:07 PM

While I do think there will be multiple teams interested in Lamar, if I'm the Ravens I try to focus in on the lousy teams with higher picks. Chances are they won't be good next year either regardless of having him at quarterback so that would make the No. 1 for next year a solid pick too.  Trading him to the Jets wouldn't be as significant because Lamar would probably put them over the hump in 2023, they'd probably make the playoffs and have a bottom end, first rounder in 2024.  I mean, any additional pick in the first round is great but if it's a top 10, you can't undervalue that. 

• JStruds likes this

#19 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 01:18 AM

Gardner looks like the next shutdown CB. I just don't see NY giving up the next Revis after only one year.

Well, people do crazy things for a franchise QB. That's the only reason i don't think it's entirely out of the question.

#20 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 06:29 AM

Agreed.  Honestly If all the Ravens were offered was the 2nd overall, I'd think the Ravens would have to legitimately consider.  At 2 overall, you know'd you have one of Stroud or Young.   If you are going to move on from Jackson, that's how you want to start. 

I can see if they offer #2 but keep #12 and offer other picks. Maybe their #1 next season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=