#721 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 01:41 PM

Fine with a Peters reunion.

Hopefully Oweh and Ojabo can wreck havoc because Houston disappears as the season wears on.

#722 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 03:17 PM

I mean no expectations but they also recently signed Treadwell. The Hopkins ship has surely sailed

Treadwell is a body and he’ll be released by the end of training camp. He certainly wouldn’t stop them from picking up Hopkins if they could agree on a contract. Treadwell sucks ass and won’t be here long.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#723 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 June 2023 - 12:48 PM

Treadwell is a body and he’ll be released by the end of training camp. He certainly wouldn’t stop them from picking up Hopkins if they could agree on a contract. Treadwell sucks ass and won’t be here long.

Probably right.  The new rules might allow him to camp on the practice squad.

@mikeghg

#724 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 08:53 PM

Harbs not happy with JK.

#725 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 08:55 PM

Sad news...RIP to Ray Lewis III

#726 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 08:57 PM

Harbs not happy with JK.

??

#727 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 June 2023 - 09:06 PM

??

Assume he meant Harbs. JK sat out of the voluntary workouts because he wants a contract. Dude's played in 24 games, missed 27 of them. I don't like it either.

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#728 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 09:13 PM

Assume he meant Harbs. JK sat out of the voluntary workouts because he wants a contract. Dude's played in 24 games, missed 27 of them. I don't like it either.

Knew he meant Harbs. Didnt know what the issue with Dobbins was

#729 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 05:28 AM

Dobbins missed mandatory mini camp this week.  He earlier did not participate in their voluntary workouts.  He apparently was there this week, but declined to participate saying he had a "soft tissue" injury.  Then he went on to voice frustration with his contract situation. 

This is a guy who has missed more time than he's been on the field and he's disappointed that he didn't get a big contract extension.  My advice to him would be to shut up and do whatever is needed.  If he gets in the dog house and can't put up numbers this year, it's only going to be himself her hurts.  His days in Baltimore are numbered.  He is playing for his next contract with whomever.  

He won't be resigned at a big number here.  The Ravens are a smart organization and they know the RB position is basically a throw away position these days in the NFL.  You fill it as cheaply as possible.  Dobbins is a often injured luxury they can't afford now that Lamar is signed and Roquan got a big deal.  There are more important pieces of the team that might require new contracts down the line.  

• bmore_ken likes this

#730 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 08:11 AM

Not sure this belongs here, but TMZ is reporting that Ray Lewis III, son of the HoF Linebacker, has passed away. Very sad. Sounds like it might have been suicide from what his brother posted.

#731 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 08:20 AM

Someone should let Dobbins know he doesn't play in the NBA.

• Mike B likes this

#732 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 08:37 AM

Someone should let Dobbins know he doesn't play in the NBA.

And he's taking the express route to Harbaugh's doghouse. 

• Mike B likes this

#733 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 11:03 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens observations on Kevin Zeitler’s effort, J.K. Dobbins’ absence, left guard competition and more | ANALYSIS

#734 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 June 2023 - 11:24 AM

I am a big JK fan, but with that attitude he belongs in the doghouse.

I get he wants a new deal, doesn't everyone?  The issue he has had is that due to injury he has been out more than in.  Sitting out the minic camp is a mistake.

• makoman likes this
@mikeghg

#735 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 11:32 AM

I am a big JK fan, but with that attitude he belongs in the doghouse.

I get he wants a new deal, doesn't everyone? The issue he has had is that due to injury he has been out more than in. Sitting out the minic camp is a mistake.

Yeah definitely doesn't look like a smart move.
  • JStruds likes this

#736 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 11:38 AM

I like Dobbins but RBs just aren't getting contracts these days. Barkley, Cook, Ekeler, Jacobs, Zeke, would all probably like big new contracts too. Maybe Henry and Chubb too. All have a better argument than a guy who has sat more than he played in his career. He can complain all he wants but the Ravens probably aren't going to do anything.

#737 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 01:16 PM

Dobbins should have one thing on his mind and one thing only- to show up, practice and not get hurt again.  Everything else will take care of itself.  The guy is a great running back and will put up top 5 numbers if he can stay on the field.  He needs to cease the cryptic tweets and lose the attitude.  If he doesn't want to do those things, his stay in Baltimore won't be long. 

#738 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 01:17 PM

And once you're in it, John will throw away the key. 

#739 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 01:48 PM

I think Dobbins knows his stay in Baltimore won’t be long for the reasons already laid out. He ended last year pissed at his usage, rightfully so. Not using him inside the 10 means less scoring chances which severely affects his worth.

Even through injuries, we, and probably the league knows how good he is when healthy. I wouldn’t risk injury in June or bust my ass for this team until I have to either in his position. And if he continues to be underutilized, I hope he continues to be vocal about it.

Dobbins is a phenomenal player.
@BSLMikeRandall

#740 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 June 2023 - 02:45 PM

I think you are right about JK being on his last year in Baltimore, But other than his not getting the ball in the red zone, I disagree with most of the rest.

JK has just not been available to use 25 times a game.  It would have been wrong to over use him last year.  I think JK should be doing everything he can to have the breakout year.  That is just me.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=