• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#2 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 10:37 AM

Outside of a Burrow injury or the defense playing the game of their lives, I don't see any obvious or reasonably projectable path to victory if Lamar doesn't play, which Ian Rappaport is reporting looks unlikely.

#3 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 11:04 AM

3 keys to Ravens victory:  Run, Run, and Run. 

#4 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 11:06 AM

Outside of a Burrow injury or the defense playing the game of their lives, I don't see any obvious or reasonably projectable path to victory if Lamar doesn't play, which Ian Rappaport is reporting looks unlikely.

If he's not on the field practicing today, they might as well just come out and say it's Huntley or Brown behind center instead of playing these stupid, little games with the media. 

#5 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 11:57 AM

If Huntley's shoulder is good enough, John will go with him over Brown because he has more experience. Brown did little to make me feel strongly either way. If it's Huntley, him and the backs need 40+ combined rushing attempts. I wouldn't care about the risk of Huntley getting hurt at this point, do what's best for the team as a whole and run the living crap out of the ball. You're playing with house money at this point anyway since Lamar basically got you in the playoffs...
  • bmore_ken likes this

#6 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 12:15 PM

I'd start Brown if it came to that. He has a better arm than Huntley, and he seems to read the field better. Huntley isn't much of a deep threat to begin with, and if his shoulder is still bothering him, the Bengals will just stack the box and dare him to throw over their heads. 

I know Brown made some costly mistakes in the first half Sunday, but he seemed to settle down in the second.

#7 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 12:16 PM

If he's not on the field practicing today, they might as well just come out and say it's Huntley or Brown behind center instead of playing these stupid, little games with the media. 

I'd go so far as to start Lamar with 0 practice over Huntley or Brown.  If he magically wakes up Saturday and Sunday and is able to go, even if he hasn't practice at all, I think that gives us a better chance than the other guys.

I definitely agree with the doubt that he'd be able to play on Sunday physically if he wasn't able to practice on Friday or sooner.  Physical limitations would force me to pivot to a backup.  But no amount of rust is enough to choose one of the other guys over Lamar if he is somehow available.  

#8 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 12:29 PM

I'd go so far as to start Lamar with 0 practice over Huntley or Brown.  If he magically wakes up Saturday and Sunday and is able to go, even if he hasn't practice at all, I think that gives us a better chance than the other guys.

I definitely agree with the doubt that he'd be able to play on Sunday physically if he wasn't able to practice on Friday or sooner.  Physical limitations would force me to pivot to a backup.  But no amount of rust is enough to choose one of the other guys over Lamar if he is somehow available.  

I was just reading Mike Preston's article from this morning and he said Lamar is going to play.  That "the word is out."  Too bad no one told John. (LOL) 

#9 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 12:30 PM

I was just reading Mike Preston's article from this morning and he said Lamar is going to play. That "the word is out." Too bad no one told John. (LOL)

Ian Rappaport is reporting that Lamar is not likely to play.

I guess we'll find out who really knows anything.

#10 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 12:36 PM

Two guys notorious for reporting bad info. This tells me they might both be wrong. Not sure how that's possible, but...

#11 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 January 2023 - 01:05 PM

Ian Rappaport also reported 1-3 weeks and that Lamar was going to play vs the Browns and that Lamar was going to play on Christmas Eve. Mike Preston is a bit of a dunce, too but in this circumstance, one of them will finally be correct. Broken clocks and all that jazz.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#12 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 January 2023 - 01:10 PM

I was just reading Mike Preston's article from this morning and he said Lamar is going to play.  That "the word is out."  Too bad no one told John. (LOL) 

I read both Preston's column and mailbag and neither mentioned Lamar's status. I have to be missing something.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#13 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 01:25 PM

I read both Preston's column and mailbag and neither mentioned Lamar's status. I have to be missing something.

I get the Baltimore Sun every morning and it was in his article about the game Sunday.  

"And then there is the Jackson factor.  He has missed the last five games with a sprained knee but he'll play this week. The word is already out and Jackson will probably be out parading around the practice field as if he is here to save the Ravens season.  If he does, good for him.  If he doesn't, blame it on the rust and inactivity. "

#14 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 January 2023 - 01:51 PM

I get the Baltimore Sun every morning and it was in his article about the game Sunday.  

"And then there is the Jackson factor.  He has missed the last five games with a sprained knee but he'll play this week. The word is already out and Jackson will probably be out parading around the practice field as if he is here to save the Ravens season.  If he does, good for him.  If he doesn't, blame it on the rust and inactivity. "

Thanks man....I totally missed it.

@primetime667083

#15 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 11 January 2023 - 04:31 PM

3 keys:

Lamar plays

Lamar plays

Lamar plays

• Mackus likes this

#16 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 04:41 PM

3 keys to Ravens victory: Run, Run, and Run.

Beat me to it.
  • jamesdean and JStruds like this

#17 MirzetSalihovic

MirzetSalihovic

All-Star

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 07:08 PM

Beat me to it.

Was thinking this but you can’t expect to hold down an elite passing offense for long. Just hope our defense can make enough plays to keep it close. And hopefully our pro bowl qb (Huntley) can make a few throws to be the difference. Would love to see JK get 20+ touches, but their run D is solid. They’ll force us to throw. Hoping we don’t have dumb mistakes

#18 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 07:47 PM

Was thinking this but you can’t expect to hold down an elite passing offense for long. Just hope our defense can make enough plays to keep it close. And hopefully our pro bowl qb (Huntley) can make a few throws to be the difference. Would love to see JK get 20+ touches, but their run D is solid. They’ll force us to throw. Hoping we don’t have dumb mistakes

I don't think we have a chance without a totally dominant rushing game. A well rested Dobbins needs 20-25 carries for 150 yds. and 2 td's to give us a shot at winning this one. That's the only way I see us putting up enough points and limiting them at the same time. A solid 2-1 run pass ratio is a must this week although I'd like to see Brown start over Huntley because he gives us a better downfield threat.
  • jamesdean and bmore_ken like this

#19 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 11 January 2023 - 09:02 PM

Our defense has done a good job in both games against Burrow. Why wouldn't that continue?

#20 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 11 January 2023 - 09:15 PM

We need a defensive touchdown to win, and we can't give the ball up ourselves.  Burrow isn't immune to picks, so it's definitely possible, and when you take a sack there's always the possibility of a fumble.  This year he's given up 15 turnovers (12 picks and 3 fumbles lost) so it's not out of the realm of possibility.  The Ravens haven't been great at forcing turnovers and the Bengals have protected the ball pretty well, so it will be tough.  Best chance for a turnover is probably a pick from Burrow.

There's no shot our running game is going to give us enough to score more than once or twice and we need to put up more than 14 to win this.  If Lamar isn't playing (and even if he is I wonder about his effectiveness unless a miracle happens and his knee swelling goes down 100% in like 24 hours) I'm not sure where our points are coming from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=