357 replies to this topic

#141 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 03 April 2023 - 03:29 PM

How often do guys transfer within the conference. It can happen and probably has happened but if Dickinson left Mich on good terms that wouldnt go over well there. A kick in the balls on the way out the door.

Demeioun Robinson left MD for Penn State last year. It's football, but that really doesn't make a difference.

#142 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,449 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 03:40 PM

Young, Reese, Dickinson with the freshman coming in would be a pipe dream. Would like to see another guard/swing from the portal.

#143 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 April 2023 - 04:35 PM

Dickinson with Reese and Young is a National contender... but man, that is hard to picture. 

Obviously Young and Dickinson have a relationship. 

Seems like MD would be setting themselves up for the ultimate troll job to go and tell Dickinson how much they want him. 

Of course if you are Willard, the pitch is pretty simple... 

- I wasn't here, of course I want you...

- You get to return home, and play with Young... 

- With you; Reese + Young, and our incoming class.... that's a team that can have real aspirations. 

Dickinson is after NIL money.  If Maryland has it, his hatred would be replaced by a fat wallet.  

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#144 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 April 2023 - 04:38 PM

How often do guys transfer within the conference. It can happen and probably has happened but if Dickinson left Mich on good terms that wouldnt go over well there. A kick in the balls on the way out the door.

It is happening more and more.  I think the don't transfer to another conference is over now.  Coaches used to not recruit transfers from their own conference.  Not anymore.

@mikeghg

#145 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 April 2023 - 02:19 PM

A few low-level programs are sniffing around Grant Billmeier for open head coaching positions. He’d likely have to take pay cuts for them from what he’s making as a Maryland assistant, but slight possibility he goes elsewhere.

Billmeier has officially left the program to become the head coach at NJIT. Another big loss for the coaching staff.
@BSLZackKiesel

#146 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 April 2023 - 04:02 PM

Maryland reportedly targeting former Arizona State guard Austin Nunez. He played in 28 games for the Sun Devils last year as their backup point guard, averaging 5 points per game. He shot the ball well when he played, particularly from beyond the arc where he made 38% of his shots. Notre Dame and Ole Miss have also reached out to him.

@BSLZackKiesel

#147 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 April 2023 - 08:47 PM

With Mike Jones now on the staff, it’s starting to sound more and more like Hunter Dickinson may be leaning towards Maryland. Still a long process with a number of other high-level suitors, but the Terps seem to be in a great spot.
@BSLZackKiesel

#148 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 April 2023 - 11:37 AM

With Mike Jones now on the staff, it’s starting to sound more and more like Hunter Dickinson may be leaning towards Maryland. Still a long process with a number of other high-level suitors, but the Terps seem to be in a great spot.

Is Maryland beginning to play the NIL game better?

Rooting for Dickinson will feel strange, if it happens.

@mikeghg

#149 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 April 2023 - 11:51 AM

Is Maryland beginning to play the NIL game better?

Rooting for Dickinson will feel strange, if it happens.

They were later to the NIL game than some other schools, but they’ve set up a decently robust organization. They won’t be competing with most blue bloods from a dollar standpoint, but they’re starting to hold their own a lot better.
  • Mike B likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#150 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,839 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 12:23 PM

With whos in on Dickinson Ill be shocked if he ends up here

#151 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 April 2023 - 01:28 PM

Dickinson reportedly met with Willard yesterday and the outcome was very positive. Seeing multiple analysts projecting him to Maryland at this point.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#152 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,026 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 03:20 PM

247: Maryland basketball lands transfer to address key need

https://247sports.co...CuGSmB_z29qundY

SG, Chance Stephens from Loyola Marymount

17 minutes a game, 6 ppg, 37.4 % from 3 on 4.7 attempts per

#153 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,839 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 04:31 PM

Sure

#154 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 04:50 PM

Nitpicking I'd rather have a grad transfer sharpshooter than a freshman transfer, but any shooters will help and suppose it's possible we can add multiple. This doesn't rule out the guy from Towson does it?

#155 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,026 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 05:06 PM

Nitpicking I'd rather have a grad transfer sharpshooter than a freshman transfer, but any shooters will help and suppose it's possible we can add multiple. This doesn't rule out the guy from Towson does it?

As is, they are out of scholarships.  Still would think at-least two would open up.
Focus needs to be on adding a big. Obviously Dickinson is the hope.  Still hurts to type that, but MD is a National Title contender with him.

#156 BoomerFT

BoomerFT
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 06:05 PM

Terps are in pretty good shape. If Scott leaves, they definitely need another big. We will see. I am sure there will be more movement on the roster.

#157 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,449 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 06:14 PM

Does 37% at Loyola Marymount make you a sharpshooter?

#158 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 April 2023 - 10:00 PM

Does 37% at Loyola Marymount make you a sharpshooter?

Is the 3pt line there closer than the rest of college basketball?

#159 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,449 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 12:10 AM

Is the 3pt line there closer than the rest of college basketball?

I'll take quality of opponents into consideration. Who is he playing in the WCC, besides Gonzaga, who will compare to what he's facing in the B10? By the way, he didn't make a shot against Gonzaga in the two games they played and 3-15 against BYU.

I'm not getting my hopes up that he'll come in and make a difference as a shooter for MD.

#160 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 10 April 2023 - 07:56 AM

I'll take quality of opponents into consideration. Who is he playing in the WCC, besides Gonzaga, who will compare to what he's facing in the B10? By the way, he didn't make a shot against Gonzaga in the two games they played and 3-15 against BYU.

I'm not getting my hopes up that he'll come in and make a difference as a shooter for MD.

By that same logic, Jahmir Young should’ve never been able to make any sort of difference for Maryland. It’s not just about what he’s done in the past at whatever level, it’s about projection. That’s what the coaching staff gets paid to identity. High school kids have never played at a Big Ten level, but somehow plenty of them come in and contribute as freshmen.
@BSLZackKiesel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=