#101 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 March 2023 - 10:44 AM

Hayes could definitely shoot. Sadly he never quite lived up to the next Steve Blake.

Hayes was a good player, but people never seemed happy with him. I think you are right. People wanted Hayes to be Blake which is a tall order.
@mikeghg

#102 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 March 2023 - 10:48 AM

Sorry, Maybe there would be 1 scholarship left, I'm not sure. If there is, they should definitely fill it with a big to compliment Reese.

If Scott returns, they would be out of scholarships, but I expect we see a couple of others leaving.

FWIW, I do not think Scott is back, but I did not expect Young to return either.

@mikeghg

#103 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 05:44 PM

Top names in the Portal
https://247sports.co...57/#207516257_1

Lots of Centers...

#104 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 March 2023 - 09:01 PM

Lots of centers that suck too. The way Reese developed and evolved as the season did, gives me a lot of hope in Willard’s ability to develop bigs though.

#105 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 09:11 PM

One guy I liked was BJ Mack.

#106 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 29 March 2023 - 11:18 PM

Hayes was a good player, but people never seemed happy with him. I think you are right. People wanted Hayes to be Blake which is a tall order.

Wasn't Hayes here during the Vasquez years?  He didn't really strike me as having the mentality of wanting to take over a game.  He kind of took what came to him, which he did well, but he didn't really try to create for himself.  And I think he needed that mentality to take his game to another level, because he wasn't getting there with his athleticism.

#107 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 29 March 2023 - 11:40 PM

Lots of centers that suck too. The way Reese developed and evolved as the season did, gives me a lot of hope in Willard’s ability to develop bigs though.

Not just Reese, but the level of production he got out of Emilien was pretty amazing.
  • You Play to Win the Game and Mackus like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#108 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 30 March 2023 - 07:36 AM

With Kim English set to take the Providence job, expect Tony Skinn to be a candidate for the George Mason vacancy. Something to keep an eye on.

Sounds like George Mason has zeroed in on Skinn, and an announcement could come as soon as today. Big loss for Maryland’s coaching staff.
@BSLZackKiesel

#109 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 March 2023 - 09:59 AM

Sounds like George Mason has zeroed in on Skinn, and an announcement could come as soon as today. Big loss for Maryland’s coaching staff.

That is rough, but it is bound to happen when you have good assistants.

@mikeghg

#110 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 31 March 2023 - 11:38 AM

Speaking of centers that suck, Qudus Wahab is back in the portal for a third time lol

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#111 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 March 2023 - 11:55 AM

Speaking of centers that suck, Qudus Wahab is back in the portal for a third time lol

Is this his year to come back to Maryland?  :-P

@mikeghg

#112 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 31 March 2023 - 02:23 PM

Hunter Dickinson is in the portal. Given his oft-professed love of UM and the attention they showered him with as a recruit, I don't see how he doesn't end up in CP next season!

#113 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 March 2023 - 02:29 PM

Hunter Dickinson is in the portal. Given his oft-professed love of UM and the attention they showered him with as a recruit, I don't see how he doesn't end up in CP next season!

that would be hilarious.  I would have a hard time rooting for him, after curing him for 3 years.

@mikeghg

#114 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts

Posted 31 March 2023 - 02:54 PM

Maybe Dickinson replaces Wahab at Georgetown. That would be quite an upgrade and a good momentum-builder for Cooley.

#115 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 31 March 2023 - 03:57 PM

Apparently it’s actually a legitimate possibility. He’s already been in contact with Jahmir Young about a potential reunion.
@BSLZackKiesel

#116 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 31 March 2023 - 03:59 PM

Make it happen

#117 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts

Posted 31 March 2023 - 04:04 PM

Apparently it’s actually a legitimate possibility. He’s already been in contact with Jahmir Young about a potential reunion.

That would just be wrong....he's the closest thing MD fans have had to JJ Redick since joining the Big Ten.

With that said, if they can work out the spacing issues, a Dickinson/Reese front court could be pretty potent.

#118 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 31 March 2023 - 04:07 PM

that would be hilarious.  I would have a hard time rooting for him, after curing him for 3 years.

I hear you but I was able to be ok with rooting for Sulaimon after Duke. Not exactly the same since they weren't a conference rival at the time, but come on, someone who won it all with Duke! Dickinson would be interesting after the past couple years, but it's hurting Juwan Howard so I could get behind it.

#119 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 31 March 2023 - 04:13 PM

Mike Jones is a top candidate to replace Skinn on Willard’s staff. That would obviously only increase the chances Dickinson chooses Maryland, given the DeMatha connections.
  • BobPhelan likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#120 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts

Posted 31 March 2023 - 04:19 PM

Mike Jones is a top candidate to replace Skinn on Willard’s staff. That would obviously only increase the chances Dickinson chooses Maryland, given the DeMatha connections.

Which one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=