357 replies to this topic

#81 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 March 2023 - 10:16 PM

Starting to sound more and more like Young might return for another year. Decision likely coming on Monday.

Doesn't sound like there was any decision today. If they can make it worth his while via NIL (a first year G-leaguer makes $40,500) then it’s not hard to see the appeal for him to spend one more year close to home. Plus if he stays, he might have the chance to show off in front of some Lega Basket scouts over the summer.

#82 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 08:42 AM

Young is returning.

#83 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 08:51 AM

Good news.

#84 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 09:27 AM

Very good news. Get Young and Reese back with the new recruits and a couple transfers and let's go.

#85 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 28 March 2023 - 09:42 AM

Boosters stepped up for this one. Jeff Ermann reporting that Young’s NIL deal is expected to eclipse what he’d likely make playing professionally next season.
  • BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game and Mike B like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#86 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 10:27 AM

I mean they had to have a PG. Keep Reese. Keep Martinez. Add the freshmen who hopefully at least 1 can make a real impact right away. Still need 1 or 2 impact guys from the portal. One has to be a big. But you see a path to this team on paper being better than last year.

#87 BoomerFT

BoomerFT
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 10:54 AM

Harris-Smith should definitely be the impact player for next year with some scouts rating him as a top 15 recruit. Kaiser should get some decent playing time. If Scott stays, I don't believe there would be any scholarships left. I am ssuming Reese and Martinez stay. Regardless, the future looks good for the Terps!

#88 BoomerFT

BoomerFT
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 11:02 AM

Sorry, Maybe there would be 1 scholarship left, I'm not sure. If there is, they should definitely fill it with a big to compliment Reese.

#89 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 11:36 AM

Wow, that's terrific news!

#90 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 March 2023 - 11:40 AM

Boosters stepped up for this one. Jeff Ermann reporting that Young’s NIL deal is expected to eclipse what he’d likely make playing professionally next season.

Love to hear it. Blast it for all to hear so we have a better shot at some of these transfers.

#91 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:33 PM

Former Syracuse G Joe Girard III is being targeted by Maryland. An excellent shooter, he averaged 16 points per game last season. Shot 40% from the field, including 38% from beyond the arc.
@BSLZackKiesel

#92 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:38 PM

Former Syracuse G Joe Girard III is being targeted by Maryland. An excellent shooter, he averaged 16 points per game last season. Shot 40% from the field, including 38% from beyond the arc.

At first I thought that said they were pursuing Joe Girardi and I said hell no.

• BSLRoseKatz likes this

#93 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:41 PM

Big time programs on Girard including $EC schools. Forget that one.

#94 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:47 PM

Get me either an athletic 4 who has a physical presence, or a squat 5 who won't be moved in the paint, and knows how to finish (even if he's not an above the rim guy).

#95 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:14 PM

Big time programs on Girard including $EC schools. Forget that one.

Lol, yep.

#96 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:20 PM

Probably wouldn't be able to shoot once he got here anyway haha.  Sharpshooters have been few and far between for MD.  Haven't had a good one since Huerter.  Before him....Mike Jones?

#97 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:27 PM

Probably wouldn't be able to shoot once he got here anyway haha.  Sharpshooters have been few and far between for MD.  Haven't had a good one since Huerter.  Before him....Mike Jones?

Quoting myself.  Went back and looked because I was curious.

Didn't realize Eric Hayes shot over 40% over his career, including 45% his senior year.  Yep, that would qualify.  But by and large it's been a long run of guys that supposedly could shoot but then...couldn't.

#98 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 02:11 PM

Logan Aronhalt transferred in as a grad in the early Turgeon era as a guy with great shooting range. Can't remember much more about him other than being a bit frustrated that he didn't get more court time than he did.

#99 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 11:10 PM

Hayes could definitely shoot. Sadly he never quite lived up to the next Steve Blake.

#100 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 05:43 AM

Logan Aronhalt transferred in as a grad in the early Turgeon era as a guy with great shooting range. Can't remember much more about him other than being a bit frustrated that he didn't get more court time than he did.

I remembered Aronhalt being a good shooter but didn't remember him getting as many minutes has he did.  College Reference has him as averaging 14 MPG in his one season for us - I would have thought it was more like 5-6.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=