357 replies to this topic

#41 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 06:08 PM

Martinez feels like a starter to me. If we have two better guards I'll be pleased.

#42 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 March 2023 - 06:30 PM

With Cornish's departure, there are currently two open scholarships. From what I'm hearing, there are probably two additional transfers expected which would put the open scholarships at four. That number doesn't include Young, Hart, or Scott who could all use their COVID year.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#43 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 08:26 PM

Martinez feels like a starter to me. If we have two better guards I'll be pleased.

I don't think he has the offensive game to be a starter. Definitely the first guy off the bench, though.

#44 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,720 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 09:11 AM

247: Coveted Ole Miss transfer Amaree Abram breaks down the schools heavily involved

https://247sports.co...CXjKGmOtcGSqakI

#45 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 09:42 AM

So many lefties.  Young if he returns.  Reese.  Harris-Smith is a lefty.  Doesn't sound like this guy from Ole Miss is necessarily coming, but he's another lefty.

#46 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 22 March 2023 - 10:15 AM

If any of them can hit for power I know of a decent paying summer job not far from CP.

• BobPhelan, BSLRoseKatz and makoman like this

#47 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 10:52 AM

If any of them can hit for power I know of a decent paying summer job not far from CP.

Are we talking about a strip club

#48 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 March 2023 - 10:35 PM

Saw a report that Young hasn't made up his mind yet whether he plans to return, but will be meeting with the coaching staff tomorrow and a decision should follow shortly after. The transfer portal is apparently also still in play, as he's getting more significant NIL offers from other schools.

@BSLZackKiesel

#49 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,278 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 March 2023 - 12:40 PM

With Kim English set to take the Providence job, expect Tony Skinn to be a candidate for the George Mason vacancy. Something to keep an eye on.

@BSLZackKiesel

#50 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 March 2023 - 04:00 PM

Maryland's Hakim Hart tells me that he will be entering the 2023 NBA Draft while maintaining his college eligibility. 

Hart also plans to test the transfer portal as well.

Averaged 11.4 PPG this season.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

she/her

#51 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 05:20 PM

Will say again, cbb FA and having so much roster turnover year to year is just ruining the game for me.
  • Biggsy likes this

#52 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 08:33 PM

Hart was a senior who played in a total of 116 games as a Terp. Using him as an example of roster turnover at the college level doesn't make sense.

Has Maryland lost anyone to the portal who was making a major impact? Seth Allen, maybe?
  • BSLZackKiesel and BSLRoseKatz like this

#53 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 09:22 PM

Hart was a senior who played in a total of 116 games as a Terp. Using him as an example of roster turnover at the college level doesn't make sense.

Has Maryland lost anyone to the portal who was making a major impact? Seth Allen, maybe?

If you're counting grad transfers wit eligibility left... Morsell.

#54 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 March 2023 - 09:32 PM

The 2013-14 team to 2014-15 team had a ton of transfer turnover including Allen, Shaq Cleare, etc but since then Morsell has been the only transfer that wasn't due to playing time and like Mackus said above, he left after four years, the same as Hart

she/her

#55 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 09:37 PM

Charles Mitchell is one that I was bummed about. Not exactly a major impact but was an occasional starter and I thought was poised to make a bigger contribution.

#56 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 09:40 PM

I think we've gotta be way ahead on the transfer ledger just from Dez alone. Young, Fatts and Sulaimon made similarly big impacts though for only a single season. Guess that's more of the current model.

If you wanna go way back, think we'd all do the Mouton for Danny Miller de facto swap a million times out of a million, even though I liked Miller.

Most of the guys who've left were already disappointing and weren't deeply missed. Several guys I'd preferred to have kept, but not any really painful departures.

#57 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 23 March 2023 - 09:56 PM

Faust was a significant contributor who left before his time, but he was still there for 3 seasons.

Robert Carter Jr, and Evan Smotrycz (his first season, at least) had an impact as incoming transfers.

Definitely think Terps hoops has gotten the better end of the transfer game.

#58 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 March 2023 - 10:11 PM

Also I personally think if you do your 4 years you can do whatever you want after that, you've more than paid your dues to the school and if you want to try a year at a new school to be the alpha or move to a different position or whatever, go crazy

• BaltBird 24 likes this

she/her

#59 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 March 2023 - 11:13 PM

Maryland's Hakim Hart tells me that he will be entering the 2023 NBA Draft while maintaining his college eligibility. 

Hart also plans to test the transfer portal as well.

Averaged 11.4 PPG this season.

Hart did his 4 years.  If he transfers out, best of luck to him. similar to Daryl Morsell.  They served the University very well.

@mikeghg

#60 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 07:56 AM

Yeah I agree with 2035's sentiment but Hart's not a good example to use.  

I'll also say I think the NCAA did the right thing by giving these guys the extra Covid year but I'll be glad when that has cycled through, too confusing to keep track of who still has eligibility and who doesn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=