116 replies to this topic

#101 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,113 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 07:08 PM

I mean, what else can you say after a beat down of that proportion? And that was against an OK Michigan team. Take them for ice cream and cheer the boys up!

#102 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,113 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 07:13 PM

Granted, this Michigan team is probably better than their record would indicate.... very close losses to Virginia, Kentucky, and North Carolina.

#103 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 07:20 PM

Postgame from Willard: "This was a total failure by me to try to get a team somewhat ready. I don't think there's anything I can say besides I totally let down this program and these kids so this is on me this is a total, total failure… I don't know. I might tear everybody down after this. They just can't come out play like that."

Thats only gonna fly a few times Kev

#104 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 08:19 PM

Willard complaining about the Big Ten's scheduling system being unfair to the basketball programs smacked of what a loser would say, and boy did his team come out and play accordingly. 

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#105 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 January 2023 - 11:48 PM

Seriously, Ravens almost saved the day. But they didn’t. So now back to this… WTF was that? Getting served at home to UCLA wasn’t enough? This game really pisses me off.

#106 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 11:48 PM

Seriously, Ravens almost saved the day. But they didn’t. So now back to this… WTF was that? Getting served at home to UCLA wasn’t enough? This game really pisses me off.

Willard gets to use that BS he put out to the media one time

#107 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 January 2023 - 11:51 PM

Still believe in Willard. Really just can’t use this year much either way. But damn that was brutal. That’s the kind of thing that has to be a tenure low. It can’t keep happening. You can’t have a lower floor than Mark Turgeon, even if the ceiling may prove to be higher. That isn’t how it works at this level. Figure it out. Did he work them too hard to start the year? Wore them out before conference play? Was the winter exam period too intense? Figure it out. That was such BS. Worse than the UCLA game. Exponentially worse.

#108 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 02 January 2023 - 12:05 AM

How about getting some bigs to play in the B10. Dude didnt even sign one yet for '23

#109 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,275 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 January 2023 - 10:03 AM

Following this loss, Maryland drops 12 spots down to #37 in KenPom's rankings. Michigan jumps up 18 spots to #47.

Things won't get any easier on Thursday night when they face Rutgers on the road, who's ranked #18 with the third-best defense in the country.

@BSLZackKiesel

#110 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 02 January 2023 - 02:07 PM

Fun sports day yesterday!
  • Mike B likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#111 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,275 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 January 2023 - 09:23 PM

Following this loss, Maryland drops 12 spots down to #37 in KenPom's rankings. Michigan jumps up 18 spots to #47.

Things won't get any easier on Thursday night when they face Rutgers on the road, who's ranked #18 with the third-best defense in the country.

And Rutgers just knocked off #1 Purdue.
@BSLZackKiesel

#112 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 January 2023 - 09:29 PM

And Rutgers just knocked off #1 Purdue.

Probably the best thing that could’ve happened. They could be due for a bit of a letdown hopefully. But they’re legit. No question about it. Pikiell is terrific. Also, took Purdue +2.5 in a live bet a few mins before halftime. So it all worked out.

#113 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 January 2023 - 11:27 AM

Willard is just 9 months and a half of a recruiting class into his tenure.  Relax a little bit people and let's see where he is, a year from now.

• BSLZackKiesel likes this
@mikeghg

#114 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 January 2023 - 11:37 AM

Willard is just 9 months and a half of a recruiting class into his tenure. Relax a little bit people and let's see where he is, a year from now.

I’m over it and even in my ranting never questioned Willard. I’m on board and staying that way for a while.

Also true is the fact that those types of losses are just unacceptable. Can’t keep happening. That’s a division one basketball roster. Figure it out, this isn’t Towson.
  • Mike B likes this

#115 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 03 January 2023 - 11:46 AM

Yeah, pretty sure I didnt call for his head though I did regret the decision not to approach Sean Miller and others. He obviously is going to get and deserves time to put his stamp on the program. As a fan Im back to show me something mode and Im mostly apathetic
  • Mike B likes this

#116 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 January 2023 - 12:33 PM

I’m over it and even in my ranting never questioned Willard. I’m on board and staying that way for a while.

Also true is the fact that those types of losses are just unacceptable. Can’t keep happening. That’s a division one basketball roster. Figure it out, this isn’t Towson.

My comment really wasn't aimed at anyone, and I agree with a lot of what you wrote.

I just think unless Reese and Scott start to hold their own inside, it is going to be a long year.  Scott clearly is trying to hard and Reese is not physically strong enough.

The fact that there is no inside game makes it tougher on the shooters, who have been bad.  I want to see more of Cornish and Batchelor.

@mikeghg

#117 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 January 2023 - 12:37 PM

Yeah, pretty sure I didnt call for his head though I did regret the decision not to approach Sean Miller and others. He obviously is going to get and deserves time to put his stamp on the program. As a fan Im back to show me something mode and Im mostly apathetic

No one called for his head, and we all got frustrated Sunday and against UCLA and Tennessee.. I like the style he plays, but I am not sure the guys on the team are good enough and some like Carey seem totally frustrated.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=