BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 December 2022 - 12:44 PM

Orioles get: RHP Corbin Burnes
Brewers get: OF Colton Cowser (Orioles' No. 4 prospect), INF Jordan Westburg (No. 5), LHP Cade Povich (No. 14), RHP Kyle Bradish

I'd say yes for sure, two years of an ace without giving away GrayRod/Gunnar/Holliday seems worth doing

she/her

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 December 2022 - 12:50 PM

No thanks. Bradish makes this a no. Give them a pitching prospect, not one in the majors. What’s the point of losing this much intentionally, just to trade this many high end prospects, when you could’ve had Bassitt or other high upside arms for simply money? No way Elias trades this much future capital away. It doesn’t go with his ethos as far as I can tell. If all he does is dumpster dive with FA $$, why would trades be any different?
  • SonicAttack likes this

#3 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,310 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 12:55 PM

No thanks. Bradish makes this a no. Give them a pitching prospect, not one in the majors. What’s the point of losing this much intentionally, just to trade this many high end prospects, when you could’ve had Bassitt or other high upside arms for simply money? No way Elias trades this much future capital away. It doesn’t go with his ethos as far as I can tell. If all he does is dumpster dive with FA $$, why would trades be any different?

So no thanks but also no way he will do it. Win win for the Elias haters.

#4 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 December 2022 - 12:56 PM

So no thanks but also no way he will do it. Win win for the Elias haters.

And for you, who loves that they haven’t done shit.

#5 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,310 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 12:56 PM

Burnes is an ace. You do this trade all day every day. In particular because Im not particularly high on Westburg or Cowser

#6 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,310 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 12:58 PM

And for you, who loves that they haven’t done shit.

What a crock.

#7 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 December 2022 - 12:59 PM

Burnes is an ace. You do this trade all day every day. In particular because Im not particularly high on Westburg or Cowser

I am high on Cowser and I’d still do it. Although I’d try to make it Kremer instead of Bradish.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#8 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 23 December 2022 - 01:01 PM

I would need to better understand why he wasn't as effective last season. Giving up way more homers seems to be at the heart of the issue, but I'd want to drill down a lot further.

This of course isn't to suggest he wasn't really good last year, but there's a significant difference between an ERA+ of 170 / FIP of 1.63 and 134 and 3.14 respectively.

#9 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 23 December 2022 - 01:06 PM

I’d do it. Elias won’t. Burnes is a two season rental. No room on the Upward Arc TM for that.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#10 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 01:07 PM

I am high on Cowser and I’d still do it. Although I’d try to make it Kremer instead of Bradish.

Yeah, I see more more potential in Bradish to be something special.
@BSLMikeRandall

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 December 2022 - 01:07 PM

What a crock.

Just facts. You think being critical of Elias means you can’t be happy when we do eventually win. False, and weak. I’ll be happier than anyone, and you guys can come at me at that time if you want, I stand by and will always stand by every criticism I’ve made of this FO.

#12 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 01:29 PM

Eh. No thanks.

#13 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,310 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 01:40 PM

Just facts. You think being critical of Elias means you can’t be happy when we do eventually win. False, and weak. I’ll be happier than anyone, and you guys can come at me at that time if you want, I stand by and will always stand by every criticism I’ve made of this FO.

You said I love that they havent done anything. Its complete horseshit and you know it. Dont be the guy who makes crap up. I get that you dont like my criticism of your criticism but I dont make things up

#14 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 02:01 PM

Yes zero hesitation.

#15 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 23 December 2022 - 02:06 PM

This is my initial thought on acquiring a top of the rotation pitcher for 2 years

tumblr_m96ryn75bK1qd9agqo3_500.gif

• You Play to Win the Game and Mackus like this

#16 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 December 2022 - 02:10 PM

You said I love that they havent done anything. Its complete horseshit and you know it. Dont be the guy who makes crap up. I get that you dont like my criticism of your criticism but I dont make things up

You make stuff up too. Like them having confederate money, stuff like that. Zero evidence for that kind of excuse making whatsoever, but you do it anyway. I haven’t seen you express any discontentment with their off-season, and I do think you’ll give me crap when we win. Which is stupid, if I’m wrong I’m wrong, hopefully I am. So it’s not like whatever I’m making up here was without basis IMO.

#17 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 December 2022 - 02:12 PM

Yes zero hesitation.

Honestly, yeah. Same here. Wish we would’ve spent money, but I’d still do this for sure after thinking about it some more.

#18 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,310 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 02:22 PM

You make stuff up too. Like them having confederate money, stuff like that. Zero evidence for that kind of excuse making whatsoever, but you do it anyway. I haven’t seen you express any discontentment with their off-season, and I do think you’ll give me crap when we win. Which is stupid, if I’m wrong I’m wrong, hopefully I am. So it’s not like whatever I’m making up here was without basis IMO.

My dude. Did you see me give them a D yesterday. You literally gave me props for doing it. Now you saying you are seeing no discontentment from me. Make up your mind.

Im speculating on the confederate money aspect. I dont know. Just like you all dont know we havent made some competitive offers that werent accepted. Not trying to go in a circle again on that debate but its tge same speculation

#19 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 December 2022 - 02:26 PM

Well it isn’t the same speculation when so far all the facts, events, quotes from FO etc. align with what I’ve been saying on that front rather than this mystical hope that we’ve tried to sign real FA’s but just had confederate money. Those just aren’t the same.

But fair enough, on the first point. All good. I’m not going to change your mind.

#20 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,310 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 02:26 PM

Herm says Im not acknowledging facts. Maybe you guys can help me. What facts am I not acknowledging? A genuine ask btw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=