623 replies to this topic

#21 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 08:21 PM

I mean, I love Lamar, but if there were a game to rest up to get healthy, this isn't a bad choice. Pickett is probably worse than Huntley.

The qb play will be about even. I give the Ravens D the edge if Marcus Williams plays. As long as Stanley plays the Ravens win this one in a nailbiter.

#22 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 08:32 PM

Oh my bad. Was Lamar balling before he got hurt?

He did put up a 90.9 PFF rating in his last full start. With 78.6 and 81.6 grades the 2 weeks prior to that. All 3 are great to elite scores. So... yes.

#23 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 06 December 2022 - 08:46 PM

He did put up a 90.9 PFF rating in his last full start. With 78.6 and 81.6 grades the 2 weeks prior to that. All 3 are great to elite scores. So... yes.

There is some weird qb grade inflation going on right now at PFF. Lamar is grading at 85.2, which is an elite grade, but it ranks him 7th.

#24 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 09:32 PM

I was not referring to previous games. I said from the start that Denver would not be an easy game because they have a very good defense. 2035 mocked that statement and is now trying to say they had a tough game because Lamar got hurt. The team before Lamar got hurt was having no easier a time than after.

#25 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 07:23 AM

I was not referring to previous games. I said from the start that Denver would not be an easy game because they have a very good defense. 2035 mocked that statement and is now trying to say they had a tough game because Lamar got hurt. The team before Lamar got hurt was having no easier a time than after.

For less than one quarter. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#26 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 07:24 AM

The way it stands right now, there isn't much that separates the two teams.  So, it will come down to turnovers, penalties, field position, etc..a typical Steelers/Ravens nail biter.  Still like Pittsburgh in this one, 17-13. 

#27 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 08:11 AM

For less than one quarter.

The offense was getting their ass handed to them nearly every snap of the game, with the exception of the last drive, which they were still lucky to finish. Denver has a great defense and the Ravens play down to their competition. I knew it would be a tough game and it was. It would have been tough with Lamar also.
  • Mike B likes this

#28 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 December 2022 - 08:24 AM

Pittsburgh sucks.
  • Mashed Potatoes and PrimeTime like this

#29 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 December 2022 - 09:16 AM

The offense was getting their ass handed to them nearly every snap of the game, with the exception of the last drive, which they were still lucky to finish. Denver has a great defense and the Ravens play down to their competition. I knew it would be a tough game and it was. It would have been tough with Lamar also.

Yea, I do not think Lamar would have generated much more offense.  The Oline had a bad game which led to the offenses struggles.  Faalele really struggled, and I thought Moses had problems on the other side.  

@mikeghg

#30 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 December 2022 - 09:17 AM

Pretty sure Lamar has not been 100% for a couple weeks now. Maybe longer.

#31 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 10:23 AM

Pretty sure Lamar has not been 100% for a couple weeks now. Maybe longer.

Not since 2019. :D

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#32 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,970 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 01:50 PM

Pittsburgh sucks.

Maybe but they will beat Huntley at home

#33 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 02:13 PM

I know that’s what you want, only due to the Lamar debate, which is even more ridiculous than those you disagree with. Rooting against the Ravens so people don’t try to say Huntley is decent… insane.

But it’s not happening. Ravens are winning this game. We should be looking at Pittsburgh just as we have teams like Carolina, Denver, Jacksonville, etc. They could lose, but even with Huntley, Ravens are the better team.

I think the Ravens can win with Huntley, but I think the Steelers are a differnet team with Watt and decidedly do not suck.

Watt has played 5 games.  Steelers are 4-1 with a +16 in those games.

The other 7 games the Steelers are 1-7 with a -80 in those games.

The Watt games do include wins over Indy, Atlanta, and New Orleans...all very bad teams themselves.  So that tempers the differential somewhat.  But I don't think we're playing a bottom feeder like Carolina or Denver.  Jacksonville is a reasonable comp, I think (and thought before our game with them) that Jacksonville is better than their record though.

#34 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,970 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 02:18 PM

I know that’s what you want, only due to the Lamar debate, which is even more ridiculous than those you disagree with. Rooting against the Ravens so people don’t try to say Huntley is decent… insane.

But it’s not happening. Ravens are winning this game. We should be looking at Pittsburgh just as we have teams like Carolina, Denver, Jacksonville, etc. They could lose, but even with Huntley, Ravens are the better team.

Ridiculous. Of course I want them to win. I could give a shit about any narrative around Huntley or Lamar. I already took Pitt -2.5. The line is off by at least 3 points

#35 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 December 2022 - 02:26 PM

With Watt, they beat a struggling out of the gate and sleep walking Bengals team in overtime in week 1. They also beat New Orleans, Indianapolis and Atlanta. The loss was to the Bengals. Not impressed. They’re better with Watt. They’re still not good IMO. Unless we have different definitions of good.

#36 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 December 2022 - 02:31 PM

Queen practiced today but a bunch of players did not, including Mekari, Moses, and Zeitler.

@mikeghg

#37 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 02:37 PM

With Watt, they beat a struggling out of the gate and sleep walking Bengals team in overtime in week 1. They also beat New Orleans, Indianapolis and Atlanta. The loss was to the Bengals. Not impressed. They’re better with Watt. They’re still not good IMO. Unless we have different definitions of good.

I'm just arguing for "doesn't suck".  Not for "good".

#38 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 07 December 2022 - 04:15 PM

Ridiculous. Of course I want them to win. I could give a shit about any narrative around Huntley or Lamar. I already took Pitt -2.5. The line is off by at least 3 points

Did I read this wrong, or did you write it wrong, or do you bet against the Ravens as kind of a reverse jinx? Because taking a team normally means you expect (want) them to win/cover.

#39 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,970 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 04:20 PM

Did I read this wrong, or did you write it wrong, or do you bet against the Ravens as kind of a reverse jinx? Because taking a team normally means you expect (want) them to win/cover.

I bet against the Ravens because Im confident they will lose. Parlayed it with 2 other games. Its not much. Ill be rooting for them on Sun. In that sense I hope its a reverse jinx bet but I wouldnt have made it if I didnt like the bet.

#40 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 07 December 2022 - 04:30 PM

The Steelers are playing better -- two straight road wins -- and have the better defense.

They're playing at home.  Lamar to Huntley is the great equalizer.

I am not expecting to win but I could see a close, low-scoring game.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=