542 replies to this topic

#521 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 11:47 AM

How is what I said an insult? It’s a much more preferable explanation than the alternatives.

I try to be objective. Doesn’t mean I’m not a fan. But I’m a Ravens fan first, I’ve always said that. You guys should try it.

I personally don't disagree with everything you said. I think Lamar does play hero ball. And I think he tries too much to make every play a home run. I don't think it's because he's looking for money though. I think that's just how he is. He wants his next play to be his best play, every snap. Sometimes you have to take the easy ones for 4 or 5 yards. That is certainly a lesson he needs to learn.

As far as being a Ravens fan first, I agree. That's why I want to keep Lamar at the most important position on the field. He gives you a chance to win every single game day, no matter what.

#522 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 11:50 AM

According to Mike Preston, Huntley has a stronger arm than Lamar.  Who do I believe? (LOL) 

#523 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 December 2022 - 11:59 AM

I personally don't disagree with everything you said. I think Lamar does play hero ball. And I think he tries too much to make every play a home run. I don't think it's because he's looking for money though. I think that's just how he is. He wants his next play to be his best play, every snap. Sometimes you have to take the easy ones for 4 or 5 yards. That is certainly a lesson he needs to learn.

As far as being a Ravens fan first, I agree. That's why I want to keep Lamar at the most important position on the field. He gives you a chance to win every single game day, no matter what.

I think one day we’ll look back and understand crediting QB’s with wins is the same as crediting starting pitchers with wins. It’s a team game. It’s an illusion that the Ravens can’t win without Lamar.

My preference would be to keep him, but only with an entirely new regime. Not the FO, coaching. All of them.

BTW, I think Lamar is a class act all around. When I say the $$ - I don’t mean he’s money hungry, I meant he wants to justify it. He wants to leave no room for debate. I feel for him. He’s put a TON of pressure on himself, and it hasn’t gone great.

#524 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 02:35 PM

Ravens are 2 point dogs. Easy money on the Steelers?

Yes.Absolutely will bet it and now. That line will move towards Pitt

#525 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 02:37 PM

How is what I said an insult? It’s a much more preferable explanation than the alternatives.

I try to be objective. Doesn’t mean I’m not a fan. But I’m a Ravens fan first, I’ve always said that. You guys should try it.

Lamar goes on the field to ball out. Period. Thinking money is anywhere in his head when he is on the field is agenda driven nonsense

#526 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 02:39 PM

According to Mike Preston, Huntley has a stronger arm than Lamar.  Who do I believe? (LOL) 

Find where he said that and link it and Ill petition him to be fired on this take alone. Its just blatant misinformation.

#527 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 02:44 PM

I think one day we’ll look back and understand crediting QB’s with wins is the same as crediting starting pitchers with wins. It’s a team game. It’s an illusion that the Ravens can’t win without Lamar.

My preference would be to keep him, but only with an entirely new regime. Not the FO, coaching. All of them.

BTW, I think Lamar is a class act all around. When I say the $$ - I don’t mean he’s money hungry, I meant he wants to justify it. He wants to leave no room for debate. I feel for him. He’s put a TON of pressure on himself, and it hasn’t gone great.

A SP comes out of the game and usually early now. If they threw 9 innings every time out would wins matter. Sure, they still  need their defense behind them and their offense to score runs but thats a huge distinction. THey also dont start every one of their teams games. QBs are the most important position in team sports

#528 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 02:58 PM

The Ravens won before Lamar, they'll win after him. Because our front office has always strives to build the best overall team.

With that said, you'd rather go into a game 7 with Degrom on the mound over a guy like Jordan Lyles.

#529 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 03:09 PM

Find where he said that and link it and Ill petition him to be fired on this take alone. Its just blatant misinformation.

I heard him on 105.7 this morning in my car.  He was giving his grades and when he got to Huntley, one of his comments was the Ravens didn't take advantage of his "stronger arm" (direct quote) by having him dunk and dink all afternoon.  Nobody on the morning team questioned that by the way.   :huh:

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#530 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 03:17 PM

Ok...found it in written form.  This is from MSN's website featuring Preston's article.  The whole link follows.

But Huntley has a stronger arm than Jackson. On his first pass attempt, he completed an 11-yard strike to wide receiver Devin Duvernay on a comeback route. That’s not a regular part of Jackson’s arsenal.

Mike Preston: With QB Lamar Jackson injured, backup Tyler Huntley showed he can lead the Ravens | COMMENTARY (msn.com)

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#531 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 December 2022 - 04:08 PM

Lamar goes on the field to ball out. Period. THinking money is anywhere in his head when he is on the field is agenda driven nonsense

I disagree. I think he wants to prove it with a couple !!’s. That mindset isn’t a bad thing. But “balling out” isn’t necessarily always a good thing. He routinely passes on easier opportunities for the higher risk play. Sometimes that’s fine, like shooting 3’s in the NBA - a few more misses isn’t bad because you get more points when you hit. But it can’t be the game plan.

#532 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 04:13 PM

Early in the game, Rod Woodson pointed out that on one play where Lamar took a sack, Duvernay was already passed the linebacking depth, all by himself 20 yards down the field with open pastures in front of him.  Lamar just didn't see him which gives credence to my belief that he doesn't scan the field properly.  Or if he does finally see an open receiver, it's already too late.  It's just a combination of a lot of things that makes this passing offense so inept, but I do think Lamar is a major part of the dysfunction. 

#533 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 December 2022 - 04:41 PM

Ok...found it in written form.  This is from MSN's website featuring Preston's article.  The whole link follows.

But Huntley has a stronger arm than Jackson. On his first pass attempt, he completed an 11-yard strike to wide receiver Devin Duvernay on a comeback route. That’s not a regular part of Jackson’s arsenal.

Mike Preston: With QB Lamar Jackson injured, backup Tyler Huntley showed he can lead the Ravens | COMMENTARY (msn.com)

Huntley does not have a stronger arm.  Arm strength is Huntley's problem.  If he had a gun, he would never have gone undrafted.

@mikeghg

#534 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 December 2022 - 04:42 PM

I heard him on 105.7 this morning in my car.  He was giving his grades and when he got to Huntley, one of his comments was the Ravens didn't take advantage of his "stronger arm" (direct quote) by having him dunk and dink all afternoon.  Nobody on the morning team questioned that by the way.   :huh:

Preston is full of crap.  When he comes on, I turn the station.

@mikeghg

#535 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 04:46 PM

Ravens are 2 point dogs. Easy money on the Steelers?

I just bet it before it gets over -3. If you saw it at -2 its already moved to -3. Have to be practical here. Pitt should win this game. But I take my hat off to Mackus for pegging the line more accurately than me. At least the opening line

#536 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 December 2022 - 05:10 PM

I just bet it before it gets over -3. If you saw it at -2 its already moved to -3. Have to be practical here. Pitt should win this game. But I take my hat off to Mackus for pegging the line more accurately than me. At least the opening line

Pitt sucks. They get points because they are home. Pickett isn’t much better than Huntley, if at all IMO, at least at this point in his career.

#537 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 05:25 PM

Man, I like Huntley for what he is... but anyone that thinks he has a stronger arm than Lamar, really has no clue.

• hallas likes this

#538 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 06:10 PM

Man, I like Huntley for what he is... but anyone that thinks he has a stronger arm than Lamar, really has no clue.

Pretty much describes Preston to a T

• hallas likes this

#539 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 06:43 AM

Brown, the 3rd string guy has a stronger arm than Huntley. What I like about Huntley is he seems to see the field better and spreads the ball around. He doesn't lock in on Andrews when he needs a completion.

Sunday we may get another last game of last year. This time no Ben R to bail out the Steelers. If Williams is able to play he can take away some of the deep passes.

#540 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 07:42 AM

Early in the game, Rod Woodson pointed out that on one play where Lamar took a sack, Duvernay was already passed the linebacking depth, all by himself 20 yards down the field with open pastures in front of him.  Lamar just didn't see him which gives credence to my belief that he doesn't scan the field properly.  Or if he does finally see an open receiver, it's already too late.  It's just a combination of a lot of things that makes this passing offense so inept, but I do think Lamar is a major part of the dysfunction. 

Yeah, I think it was a fake hand off to Duvernay who immediately had his hand up for a quick completion but Lamar held the ball looking for something else and took the sack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=