542 replies to this topic

#41 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,985 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 12:48 PM

Taken it off the board? As in not an option to bet on? I’m such a noob. Were you expecting them to?

Yes if something pops up they will take it off the board and not take bets to wait for more news or change the line.

Cerrano is right that the value at some of these sports books is in boosts and promos. Dont know if you took advantage but Fanduel recently had a match your next 3 bets with 100% free plays up to $50. Have to hammer ones like that. Ive also been looking at Fanduels boosts and seeing which ones the experts think are +EV plays. Doesnt take a huge time investment. Just keep track of the promos and boosts and follow a few guys on twitter for advice on which are good value.

#42 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,985 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 01:00 PM

For example DKs has a couple of free bets available now along with a bet $5 get 20 in free bets promos

#43 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 01 December 2022 - 07:59 PM

Let me just clarify that I don't think by any stretch of the imagination, Huntley is any answer to winning consistently. We saw what happened last year. If Lamar were to miss any length of time, the season is more than likely over. Simple as that. But I wouldn't be all that concerned about his arm strength because we've had virtually no production beyond 20 yards anyway. And in that clip you posted, that was clearly miscommunication more than anything. The receiver ran a sharp route to the left and Huntley thought he was going post. There was no one there but the Rams defender.

Even if you think it was a miscommunication on the route, the ball was 10 yards short of where it should have been.  The fact that it was also on the wrong line due to the miscommunication is somewhat irrelevant, because both routes would have needed the ball much farther out than Huntley put it.

#44 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 08:40 PM

Even if you think it was a miscommunication on the route, the ball was 10 yards short of where it should have been.  The fact that it was also on the wrong line due to the miscommunication is somewhat irrelevant, because both routes would have needed the ball much farther out than Huntley put it.

And the irony of course is that Lamar probably would have sailed it 10 yards over the head of everyone.  Well, at least this year he would have. 

#45 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 08:41 PM

I don't care what their QBRs were last year, Lamar even when playing poorly was notably better for the offense than Huntley was...

#46 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 01:55 AM

And the irony of course is that Lamar probably would have sailed it 10 yards over the head of everyone.  Well, at least this year he would have. 

I think the secret is to find someone that can run 60 yards downfield before the OLine gives up pressure.  Can't overthrow someone if you're at your max throwing distance!  Maybe DK Metcalf is the perfect WR for us.  Just chuck it up and Metcalf with his catch radius of about 15 feet is probably going to be able to get it, and run by everyone while doing it.

#47 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 07:08 AM

I think the secret is to find someone that can run 60 yards downfield before the OLine gives up pressure.  Can't overthrow someone if you're at your max throwing distance!  Maybe DK Metcalf is the perfect WR for us.  Just chuck it up and Metcalf with his catch radius of about 15 feet is probably going to be able to get it, and run by everyone while doing it.

Not sure why Duvernay can't do that with his speed.  For whatever reason, they have a really hard time utilizing that guy's skills. 

#48 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 01:35 PM

Not sure why Duvernay can't do that with his speed.  For whatever reason, they have a really hard time utilizing that guy's skills. 

It's not just about speed.  Duvernay can't grow 5 inches, or make his arms 4 inches longer.

Also Duvernay has a pretty healthy chunk of our deep balls - 11 out of 47, and he's our most successful on them with 6 receptions.  (Not counting Desean because he has 2 deep ball targets)

#49 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 December 2022 - 04:36 PM

Hamilton was a full practice today.  It is good news if he is ready for Sunday.  Stanley DNP. but I am not sure that means anything because they have given him off every Friday since his return.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#50 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 05:13 PM

Hamilton was a full practice today.  It is good news if he is ready for Sunday.  Stanley DNP. but I am not sure that means anything because they have given him off every Friday since his return.

I'd be surprised if any of them play, especially Stanley.  They're going to need him for the final lap so if they sit him tomorrow, I don't have a problem with it.  If they can't beat Denver without him, that's a pretty sad commentary. 

#51 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 05:16 PM

It's not just about speed.  Duvernay can't grow 5 inches, or make his arms 4 inches longer.

Also Duvernay has a pretty healthy chunk of our deep balls - 11 out of 47, and he's our most successful on them with 6 receptions.  (Not counting Desean because he has 2 deep ball targets)

I was talking about a receiver on a fly pattern in full sprint and catching the ball in stride.  Duvernay is certainly more than capable of running that type of route.  I'm not sure what you mean by "deep balls."  Say it's 25 yards.  Is that considered a deep pattern by the people compiling the stats?  I'm talking about a route that stretches the field by at least 40-50 yards.  

#52 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 05:34 PM

I was talking about a receiver on a fly pattern in full sprint and catching the ball in stride.  Duvernay is certainly more than capable of running that type of route.  I'm not sure what you mean by "deep balls."  Say it's 25 yards.  Is that considered a deep pattern by the people compiling the stats?  I'm talking about a route that stretches the field by at least 40-50 yards.  

20+ air yards from scrimmage, his average depth of target is 29 yards on these shots to Duvernay.  Still, a completion rate better than 50% on these balls is well above league average (albeit in a small sample size.)

Lamar needs protection for receivers to get 40 yards up field on a go route. Duvernay's 40 time is 4.38, and he's pretty fast.  Usually protection doesn't last for 4 seconds.

#53 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 06:48 PM

20+ air yards from scrimmage, his average depth of target is 29 yards on these shots to Duvernay.  Still, a completion rate better than 50% on these balls is well above league average (albeit in a small sample size.)

Lamar needs protection for receivers to get 40 yards up field on a go route. Duvernay's 40 time is 4.38, and he's pretty fast.  Usually protection doesn't last for 4 seconds.

It's doable, though.  The Ravens pass protection has been decent for the most part, especially after Stanley returned.  But with Lamar's long range inaccuracy, I doubt it's even worth the effort unless you're just trying to stretch the field and loosen things up regardless of whether it's completed or not.  

#54 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 07:05 PM

It's doable, though.  The Ravens pass protection has been decent for the most part, especially after Stanley returned.  But with Lamar's long range inaccuracy, I doubt it's even worth the effort unless you're just trying to stretch the field and loosen things up regardless of whether it's completed or not.  

6 for 11 on deep balls to Duvernay is a great completion rate.  If he's able to maintain that clip to Duvernay but do it more often, then it's more than worth it.  He's tied with Andrews for most deep targets, but Andrews has only completed 2 this year.  I'll chalk that up to down year/injury.

• PrimeTime likes this

#55 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 07:40 PM

6 for 11 on deep balls to Duvernay is a great completion rate.  If he's able to maintain that clip to Duvernay but do it more often, then it's more than worth it.  He's tied with Andrews for most deep targets, but Andrews has only completed 2 this year.  I'll chalk that up to down year/injury.

Did most or all of them occur early in the year when Lamar was more accurate?  I really don't remember any lately.  The way he's been throwing deeper passes over the past month(outside of the completion to Jackson last week), is it even worth it the attempt? 

#56 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 01:43 PM

Did most or all of them occur early in the year when Lamar was more accurate? I really don't remember any lately. The way he's been throwing deeper passes over the past month(outside of the completion to Jackson last week), is it even worth it the attempt?

He had another deep completion to Jackson his first game that was wiped by penalty, and I recall a deep-ish ball to Proche (like 20-25 yards upfield) that was also wiped by penalty.

Past 5 weeks he has been 5 for 13 on deep balls with 1 drop. Not that bad. He didn't throw that many though outside the Jacksonville game.

#57 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 04 December 2022 - 08:11 AM

Running the risk of oversimplification, it's all about the red zone. If the Ravens get back 60-65% TDs in their red zone chances over the next 6 weeks, they can go on a run. If not, the defense is going to have to be air tight.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#58 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 04 December 2022 - 08:12 AM

He had another deep completion to Jackson his first game that was wiped by penalty, and I recall a deep-ish ball to Proche (like 20-25 yards upfield) that was also wiped by penalty.

Past 5 weeks he has been 5 for 13 on deep balls with 1 drop. Not that bad. He didn't throw that many though outside the Jacksonville game.

I don't understand why we don't use Duvernay on verticals. Dude is fast and probably has the best hands on the team. Instead of 5-7 jet sweeps and WR screens, why not have DD run some 9 routes?
  • Mike B likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#59 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 December 2022 - 10:49 AM

I am leaving for the stadium now.  I am really hoping for a get well game.  I think DJax gets his first Raven TD today.

And a note to Harbs…..Ojabo and Kolar please. 

@mikeghg

#60 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 12:04 PM

And a note to Harbs…..Ojabo and Kolar please.

Both inactive. Also Stanley.

Hamilton is active.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=