#41 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 December 2022 - 01:35 PM

QB Ryan Duell has entered the transfer portal.

@BSLZackKiesel

#42 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 December 2022 - 01:33 PM

DB Isaiah Hazel has entered the transfer portal.

@BSLZackKiesel

#43 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 December 2022 - 02:36 PM

Jackson State DL KaTron Evans is in the portal. He was a 4-star recruit out of St Frances Academy in 2021. Of course, he might simply intend to follow Deion to Colorado.

#44 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 December 2022 - 03:10 PM

CFB has more activity than the Baseball Winter meetings.

I wonder if the exodus of players from every program as well as players opting out of Bowl games eventually kill some of these meaningless bowl games

@mikeghg

#45 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 06 December 2022 - 03:35 PM

Jackson State DL KaTron Evans is in the portal. He was a 4-star recruit out of St Frances Academy in 2021. Of course, he might simply intend to follow Deion to Colorado.

Have you seen the video from Prime meeting with CU players yet? He gives them this whole speech about how he's coming, and things are going to change. Mostly talking about the attitude and commitment levels, little things, but says that a few positions are already closed because they are bringing players with them, and encourages anyone who doesn't like things to hit the transfer portal and open more room for him to bring more in.

@JeremyMStrain

#46 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 04:50 PM

Have you seen the video from Prime meeting with CU players yet? He gives them this whole speech about how he's coming, and things are going to change. Mostly talking about the attitude and commitment levels, little things, but says that a few positions are already closed because they are bringing players with them, and encourages anyone who doesn't like things to hit the transfer portal and open more room for him to bring more in.

Yep, saw it. Also saw where he said the objective of their offseason program will be to "make them want to quit." I think a lot of people are making too big a deal about it. This was a team that went 1-11, after all. He needs to weed out the guys who will play for him vs the guys that won't.

I don't know how serious he was about guys from the outside already having a starting spot locked in (aside from his QB son). That might have just been a subtle motivational tactic. I would hope they all have to earn it, regardless of what past history they have with him.

#47 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 04:53 PM

CFB has more activity than the Baseball Winter meetings.

I wonder if the exodus of players from every program as well as players opting out of Bowl games eventually kill some of these meaningless bowl games

Mike Elias for Commissioner of College Football. That'll ensure a boring offseason.

Doubt these games go away, unless it starts reaching the point where you have so many players leaving that some teams don't have enough players left to play a game. Most of these games are just filler content. As long as there are enough healthy bodies to play, ESPN will show it.

#48 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 05:36 PM

Since I know this has come up.

Tom VanHaaren

·

These are the programs with the most portal entries from yesterday & today.
Louisiana Tech – 18
Colorado State – 17
Texas A&M - 16
Arkansas – 15
Kent State – 14
Oklahoma State – 13
Oregon - 13
Maryland – 12
Virginia Tech - 12
Washington State – 12
Alabama - 11
Jackson State – 11

#49 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 12:20 PM

Yep, saw it. Also saw where he said the objective of their offseason program will be to "make them want to quit." I think a lot of people are making too big a deal about it. This was a team that went 1-11, after all. He needs to weed out the guys who will play for him vs the guys that won't.

I don't know how serious he was about guys from the outside already having a starting spot locked in (aside from his QB son). That might have just been a subtle motivational tactic. I would hope they all have to earn it, regardless of what past history they have with him.

Normally I’d have taken a speech like that poorly, but I kind of agree with you, it sounded like he was really just putting them on notice about more off the field stuff than on it. I can respect that as long as you are honest and up front about it.

First thing I thought was no way he leaves his kid behind they announced it today officially but inwouldnt be surprised if he pulls more starters from there. Those kids loved him like a cult.
@JeremyMStrain

#50 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 12:33 PM

Normally I’d have taken a speech like that poorly, but I kind of agree with you, it sounded like he was really just putting them on notice about more off the field stuff than on it. I can respect that as long as you are honest and up front about it.

First thing I thought was no way he leaves his kid behind they announced it today officially but inwouldnt be surprised if he pulls more starters from there. Those kids loved him like a cult.

It think he’s gonna have all kinds of players that want to come play for him. Including guys he maybe recruited before and the kids were interested, but they didn’t want to play at the FCS level. The challenge for him will be picking the right players.

#51 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 01:18 PM

It think he’s gonna have all kinds of players that want to come play for him. Including guys he maybe recruited before and the kids were interested, but they didn’t want to play at the FCS level. The challenge for him will be picking the right players.

Yep. It's interesting because he was basically the model for these kids today that are me first. But you hear him talk and he will tell you there's a difference between Coach Prime, and PRIME. Says these parents are expecting PRIME, so he's gotta give them a little bit of that, or it'll freak them out, but in there, he's Coach Prime, and that's a different beast.

Interesting in the sense that he understood branding and marketing before any of these other dudes did. Had to create himself a persona for on the field and to sell things, but then you find out he's old school and has very ingrained beliefs that kinda run counter to that, he's all about the team looking the same,and having discipline and manners. Just...interesting. Good for him. As a player I was never a big fan...probably cause he was always a rival for my team, except that one year, BUT learning more about him, I think I am.

• 1970 likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#52 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 01:34 PM

Yep. It's interesting because he was basically the model for these kids today that are me first. But you hear him talk and he will tell you there's a difference between Coach Prime, and PRIME. Says these parents are expecting PRIME, so he's gotta give them a little bit of that, or it'll freak them out, but in there, he's Coach Prime, and that's a different beast.

Interesting in the sense that he understood branding and marketing before any of these other dudes did. Had to create himself a persona for on the field and to sell things, but then you find out he's old school and has very ingrained beliefs that kinda run counter to that, he's all about the team looking the same,and having discipline and manners. Just...interesting. Good for him. As a player I was never a big fan...probably cause he was always a rival for my team, except that one year, BUT learning more about him, I think I am.

As much as he says he's about the N-F-L, not the N-I-L, he's definitely going to be able to use his brand to attract players in that regard. Those YouTube videos you saw of him talking to the team, touring the facilities and the press conference were not done by CU. Those were his people that follow him around with cameras constantly, and they had that stuff posted less than 24 hours after it happened. As a player, you know you are going to have visibility just by being in Deion's orbit. That's worth something.

#53 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 01:37 PM

As much as he says he's about the N-F-L, not the N-I-L, he's definitely going to be able to use his brand to attract players in that regard. Those YouTube videos you saw of him talking to the team, touring the facilities and the press conference were not done by CU. Those were his people that follow him around with cameras constantly, and they had that stuff posted less than 24 hours after it happened. As a player, you know you are going to have visibility just by being in Deion's orbit. That's worth something.

100%. I was hoping he'd get a big school job after Jackson St. Was hoping it'd be a bigger one than COL honestly, but I get it...and they gave him what he wanted, which I'm sure had a LOT of demands on his list.

I kinda want him to really blow up here too and love to see him keep moving up. I'm fascinated.

@JeremyMStrain

#54 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 01:43 PM

100%. I was hoping he'd get a big school job after Jackson St. Was hoping it'd be a bigger one than COL honestly, but I get it...and they gave him what he wanted, which I'm sure had a LOT of demands on his list.

I kinda want him to really blow up here too and love to see him keep moving up. I'm fascinated.

I've heard several people say schools like Auburn and Georgia Tech made big mistakes by passing on him.

• JeremyStrain likes this

#55 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 01:50 PM

I've heard several people say schools like Auburn and Georgia Tech made big mistakes by passing on him.

I SWORE he was going to end up at FL State, or somewhere in GA. But if theres a little truth in everything we've seen, he probably had a grocery list of players he wanted to bring with him (which could explain the high signing rate at Jackson St. if he was promising kids if he left he would take them with him), and the bigger schools can't meet that cause they are maxxed scholly wise. COL is a big school but terrible right now, and they probably gave him the go ahead to make some room, and had some available already. Kinda like signing with a team that had a bunch of salary cap space vs a veteran team picked by another coach and at the luxury cap already.

@JeremyMStrain

#56 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,393 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 02:02 PM

I SWORE he was going to end up at FL State, or somewhere in GA. But if theres a little truth in everything we've seen, he probably had a grocery list of players he wanted to bring with him (which could explain the high signing rate at Jackson St. if he was promising kids if he left he would take them with him), and the bigger schools can't meet that cause they are maxxed scholly wise. COL is a big school but terrible right now, and they probably gave him the go ahead to make some room, and had some available already. Kinda like signing with a team that had a bunch of salary cap space vs a veteran team picked by another coach and at the luxury cap already.

Right. If you think USC had huge roster turnover between 2021 and 2022, just wait. (and it worked out pretty well for USC)

#57 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 December 2022 - 10:30 AM

OLB TJ Butler is hitting the portal.

Butler is headed to Charlotte, where he reunites with his high school coach, Biff Poggi.

@BSLZackKiesel

#58 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 December 2022 - 11:09 AM

RB Challen Faamatau has entered the transfer portal.
@BSLZackKiesel

#59 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 December 2022 - 08:56 PM

DE Zion Shockley is headed to the portal.

Like TJ Butler, Shockley is headed to Charlotte. Biff Poggi has now snagged one assistant coach and two players from Maryland.
@BSLZackKiesel

#60 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 December 2022 - 05:08 PM

Former Cincinnati DB Ja’Quan Sheppard has committed to Maryland. He played three years for the Bearcats, and was a first-team All-AAC member this season. He enters with a chance to start immediately across from Tarheeb Still.
  • BSLChrisStoner and Greg Pappas like this
@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=