Interview with NPB Tracker's Patrick Newman

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stacey

Stacey
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hello everyone. Thanks to Chris for inviting me to post links here. Andrew at Camden Chat did an interview with NPB Tracker's Patrick Newman regarding the NPB in general as well as new O's Wei-Yin Chen and Tsuyoshi Wada. It's a pretty good read, I think, since a lot of people (myself included) don't know much about the topic. Enjoy!

http://www.camdencha... ... ick-newman

@CamdenChat

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for posting this Stacey! Good stuff from Andrew.

I'd be pretty surprised if Wada started in the bullpen though. Based on his comments, it seems clear that was part of the reason he signed here. Not sure he lasts the year (partly for the reasons mentioned by Newman), but I think that is where he is to begin with.

If he is going to start at-all, I'd rather it be in the beginning of the year. With the weather cooler, and the ball not flying out as much; that can only help him gain some footing as he transitions.

#3 tpjs1

tpjs1

Pops

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationCatonsville MD

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

I'd like to think that someone has talked to Wada and Chen at length about the issues they will face in making the transition to MLB, particularly the physical aspects.

We saw what Koji went through in dealing with an increased workload and adapting to summer in America. You have to hope these two have already stepped up their training and come to camp ready to impress.

Koji did a good job for us working in the bullpen, but he had experience. If Wada fails to crack the rotation, how will he handle the added task of learning to relieve?
@Tpjs1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=