2551 replies to this topic

#281 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 03:26 PM

I guess I'm okay with Bassitt. He's going to be 34 when the season begins. At that age, it shouldn't be anything more than a 3 year deal.

#282 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 30 November 2022 - 04:30 PM

I dont see them going back up to 150 or 160 like they did in '16.

I'm curious why you don't think they will go back to that level of spending.

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#283 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 04:39 PM

I'm curious why you don't think they will go back to that level of spending.

I hope Im wrong and I could be but I see them remaining a bottom 10 payroll consistently. I guess at some point we will get to a place where 150 is in the bottom 10 but you understand what Im saying. 

#284 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 04:40 PM

I hope Im wrong and I could be but I see them remaining a bottom 10 payroll consistently. I guess at some point we will get to a place where 150 is in the bottom 10 but you understand what Im saying. 

Under  Angelos ownership mind you. Maybe the next owner will spend more.

#285 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,424 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 04:48 PM

Im not gonna haggle over 5 mil. I get over 85. You get under.

I guess. I really don't want to win this, though. :)

I managed to find time for 2 rounds of golf this year. Would love to play more next year, but no idea if that'll happen.

#286 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 04:53 PM

I guess. I really don't want to win this, though. :)

I managed to find time for 2 rounds of golf this year. Would love to play more next year, but no idea if that'll happen.

DOnt feel forced into the bet.  We can still try to get out and play a round some time.

#287 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 05:03 PM

Under  Angelos ownership mind you. Maybe the next owner will spend more.

Ah, OK. Given their track record, it understandable to think they'll play it cheap. When I read blogs and such about how the O's aren't shopping the top tier FA market, it's disappointing. Because they can afford to, they just choose not to. I'm cool with Elias playing it differently, going with solid 2nd tier guys who allow for more quality additions, over a couple premium guys. Like Mackus said, we'll know if they really tried. The $$$ amount may sway, but the end results won't lie 

#288 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 05:07 PM

print the WS tickets! :)

I'll take it, if it actually happens. 

• Old Man likes this

#289 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 November 2022 - 06:20 PM

I'm going to be doing a "dream offseason" series throughout the offseason on Substack. Here is version 1.0: https://bslontheverg...ersion-10?sd=pf

• Greg Pappas and Mackus like this

#290 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 30 November 2022 - 08:26 PM

I'm going to be doing a "dream offseason" series throughout the offseason on Substack. Here is version 1.0: https://bslontheverg...ersion-10?sd=pf

Start a new thread to discuss this?

I don't really understand a lot of the approaches people (not just here) want to take.  We lost more than any team in history to essentially create nothing unique.

• bmore_ken likes this

#291 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,346 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 November 2022 - 08:29 PM

I don't really understand a lot of the approaches people (not just here) want to take. We lost more than any team in history to essentially create nothing unique.

Who asked for something unique? I just want to win. Looks like they’re finally poised to do just that. I’m letting the past go at this point. Doesn’t serve me or my blood pressure well.
  • makoman and Old Man like this

#292 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 08:35 PM

Who asked for something unique? I just want to win. Looks like they’re finally poised to do just that. I’m letting the past go at this point. Doesn’t serve me or my blood pressure well.

Something unique. Is that the goal? My lord. And yeah teach dude to let the past go. My lord x2.

#293 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,424 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 08:35 PM

I don't really understand a lot of the approaches people (not just here) want to take. We lost more than any team in history to essentially create nothing unique.

Sunk cost fallacy. What we did to get to this point is irrelevant. Whether it was brilliant or stupid, we're here now. Do smart things from this point forward to try and win at a high level for a long time.
  • You Play to Win the Game, BobPhelan and Old Man like this

#294 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 08:38 PM

Sunk cost fallacy. What we did to get to this point is irrelevant. Whether it was brilliant or stupid, we're here now. Do smart things from this point forward to try and win at a high level for a long time.

Oh it was pretty brillant but you're right that what matters is what happens next.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#295 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,346 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 November 2022 - 08:46 PM

Oh it was pretty brillant but you're right that what matters is what happens next.

Lol, you’re something else too. It obviously was perfectly executed for the route they chose to go. But it doesn’t mean it didn’t suck. Being told to not care about baseball for several years was as brutal as it gets man. But like I said, we’re here, time to embrace and move on.

#296 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 November 2022 - 08:48 PM

Use the farm system created to get a true ace and add quality player for nothing but money around the foundation sounds ok to me. Would still have plenty remaining to fill in when needed in the minors.

#297 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,308 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 08:55 PM

Lol, you’re something else too. It obviously was perfectly executed for the route they chose to go. But it doesn’t mean it didn’t suck. Being told to not care about baseball for several years was as brutal as it gets man. But like I said, we’re here, time to embrace and move on.

Was it ever not gonna suck. Youre frustrated with 7-4 "mediocrity" from the Ravens but a 70 win team from the Os between 2019-'21 wouldve been ok

#298 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 01 December 2022 - 10:15 AM

Use the farm system created to get a true ace and add quality player for nothing but money around the foundation sounds ok to me. Would still have plenty remaining to fill in when needed in the minors.

Given the players available on the market, I would rather just allocate money as opposed to prospects and money to improve the team. Save the prospects to add something at the deadline if the situations warrants.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#299 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 01 December 2022 - 10:21 AM

I still think sign Correa/Trea/etc and use some combo of Westburg/Ortiz/Norby/etc to trade for pitching because 75% of your infield is taken care of is the best way to kill two birds with one stone if you're gonna make a big FA move

• bmore_ken likes this

she/her

#300 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 10:23 AM

It's just a rumor, but I saw where the Yankees are in on Correa. If so, we can scratch his name from our list of hopefuls. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=