• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

#21 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 08:24 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens vs. Saints scouting report for Week 9: Who has the edge?

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 01:25 PM

For second straight day, TE Mark Andrews (shoulder, knee) and RB Gus Edwards (hamstring) did not practice. CB Marcus Peters was absent Friday, but it's likely a rest day. OT Ronnie Stanley returned after missing Thursday. Ravens play at New Orleans on Monday night.

Ravens TE Mark Andrews has never missed a game due to injury in his 5-year career. But he would get an extended break (24 days in between games) if he doesn't play Monday because of the bye after this game. Ravens would get a healthier Andrews heading into second half of season

#23 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 01:44 PM

The Saints are 3-5 with losses to the Cardinals and Panthers. The Ravens are stuck with the perplexing Harbaugh and Roman. Roster vs roster, Ravens win 9 out of 10 times. We'll see what sort of day the guys with headsets have...

#24 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 06:53 PM

I hope Andrews and Edwards sit this one out. I think Lamar is gonna have a big game under the lights and the Ravens win this one pretty easily. Roquan will have an immediate impact on a revamped defense along with the return of Bowser.
  • Biggsy likes this

#25 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 06:59 PM

I hope Andrews and Edwards sit this one out. I think Lamar is gonna have a big game under the lights and the Ravens win this one pretty easily. Roquan will have an immediate impact on a revamped defense along with the return of Bowser.

I think it's a foregone conclusion neither will play but like you, I'd rather see them get the extra rest.  I hope you're right about them winning easily because that would be a nice deviation from the usual. 

#26 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 05 November 2022 - 03:27 PM

Well, Andrews and Edwards are doubtful.  Might as well say “out.”  Demarcus Robinson was a DNP and has a questionable designation.

I’m going to say 17-13 Ravens.

#27 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 05:50 PM

Well, Andrews and Edwards are doubtful. Might as well say “out.” Demarcus Robinson was a DNP and has a questionable designation.

I’m going to say 17-13 Ravens.

I'm getting a little nervous. NO has more weapons than the Ravens and a solid defense. Ravens get the edge in QB play but if we get mediocre Lamar this could be a frustrating match up.

We're going to need a lot of Likely and Duvernay in this one.

#28 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 06:25 PM

I'm getting a little nervous. NO has more weapons than the Ravens and a solid defense. Ravens get the edge in QB play but if we get mediocre Lamar this could be a frustrating match up.
We're going to need a lot of Likely and Duvernay in this one.

I had it as a loss before the Tampa Bay game and like you, I'm not exactly brimming with confidence. But if for no other reason than the introduction of Smith on defense and the likelihood of a run heavy game plan, I do think they manage to come out with a win. If they lose, I won't be surprised.

#29 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 November 2022 - 08:37 PM

No Andrews, Edwards, Bateman and maybe Robinson. The Saints have a pretty good defense.  Our defense needs to step up.

@mikeghg

#30 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 05 November 2022 - 09:38 PM

I'm assuming that with no one other than Duvernay and Likely to throw to this is going to be a 20 or less pass attempts game by Lamar. Get them about 6-8 looks each, and get a few other guys another 2-3 looks and then either run the ball the rest of the way or passes behind the LOS to Drake or Duvernay.

I figure that with Smith and the other guys coming back, assuming he's fully integrated, we can expect around a top 10ish defense. We probably need to play ball control to win, but I have a bit more faith that we can get stops.

#31 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 10:13 PM

There won't be too many tougher tests for Roquan than Alvin Kamara. Interested to see how he does.

#32 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 November 2022 - 10:24 PM

There won't be too many tougher tests for Roquan than Alvin Kamara. Interested to see how he does.

I really don’t think it is one on one.  It will take most of the front 7and safeties to account for Kamara.

@mikeghg

#33 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 12:48 AM

I really don’t think it is one on one. It will take most of the front 7and safeties to account for Kamara.

Certainly not one on one, but Roquan's calling card is how good he is against the run. Seeing how he does (and the defense as a whole with his leadership) against an excellent, versatile, and sometimes tricky running game will be interesting.
  • Mike B likes this

#34 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 November 2022 - 10:23 AM

Certainly not one on one, but Roquan's calling card is how good he is against the run. Seeing how he does (and the defense as a whole with his leadership) against an excellent, versatile, and sometimes tricky running game will be interesting.

Agreed, as for tomorrow night, rest the injured guys to give them 2 more weeks to recover, but find a way to win.  I think they will.

@mikeghg

#35 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 November 2022 - 10:24 AM

I'm assuming that with no one other than Duvernay and Likely to throw to this is going to be a 20 or less pass attempts game by Lamar. Get them about 6-8 looks each, and get a few other guys another 2-3 looks and then either run the ball the rest of the way or passes behind the LOS to Drake or Duvernay.

I figure that with Smith and the other guys coming back, assuming he's fully integrated, we can expect around a top 10ish defense. We probably need to play ball control to win, but I have a bit more faith that we can get stops.

I think DJax gets some looks this week, and I think now is the time to get Proche involved.  The Saints have a good run defense.  I think we throw more than anticipated.

@mikeghg

#36 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 10:52 AM

Balt Sun: With OLB Tyus Bowser set to return, Ravens’ pass rush is primed for breakout: ‘We’re on our way’

#37 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 05:17 PM

Andrews is officially out tomorrow.  

Going to be difficult. 

Next man up.

#38 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 07:27 AM

Speaking of having enough receivers, Mahomes threw the ball 68 times last night and completed passes to 11 different players.  Try wrapping your brain around that one. 

#39 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 07 November 2022 - 08:23 AM

You would think that, but knowing Roman we will probably have 20 pass attempts in the 1st half alone

#40 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 09:02 AM

As a gambler I wouldn't touch this game.  Too many people out, too many variables.  Ravens are missing their two top threats in the passing game, and their most dependable running back.  I think NO is still trying to adjust to life after Drew Brees and Sean Payton.  I just don't have any feel for how this game should go.   I would not be surprised by a Raven win or a loss.  

FWIW, Jamey Eisenberg who covers the Ravens for CBS sports is picking NO tonight.  It's never a good sign when the beat writer assigned to a team isn't even picking them.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=