• Please log in to reply
610 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 12:23 PM

ESPN's Match-up Predictor gives Tampa Bay a 53.7% chance of winning. 

TB is a 1.5 point favorite, and the over / under is 45.

BSL: Next Game Up: Ravens at Buccaneers

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 12:27 PM

Such an odd game. Before the season started, and up until a few weeks ago many probably had this game penciled in as a loss. But after TB losses on the road to Pittsburgh and Carolina, it's not such a sure thing anymore.

Brady will more than likely bounce back at some point, and the Ravens defense is a prime opportunity for him to do that. But he's 45, going through some personal issues, and generally seems less interested than he used to. Maybe this is it?

The Ravens are 2-4-1 against the spread so that +1.5 is right where it should be.

My gut says this is still a loss, but anything can happen.

• Old Man likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 12:34 PM

I see them as a power couple as they are both celebrity A-Listers in their own right.

The combination makes it very hard for a marriage to work, marriage is hard enough, when you are just 2 normal people.

I get it, she wants him to retire and be a part of the family.

The fire in him to play, still burns deep, and he isnt ready to hang it up.

You have to ask yourself, why keep playing?

He has money, he has rings, what more can he hope to accomplish? He is already a lock for the HOF kingdom.

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 01:25 PM

I think coming back to TB was a CYA move when the Miami stuff fell apart.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 01:36 PM

Nothing against the Ravens, but for some reason, I feel that Brady is going to have a good game this week.

There, I put the reverse jinx on him.

Write him down for 5 TDs and 1 Pick.

#6 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 02:10 PM

My friend who is a Tampa fan is positive the Bucs will lose.

I don't know. They can't be this bad forever, and this is as much of a must-win for Tampa as they've had all year. Feels like they will come out swinging, and I have no faith in the Ravens defense.

With that said, I wouldn't be shocked if it went the other way either. Both teams are hard to figure out.

#7 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 October 2022 - 02:34 PM

TB has the 7th overall best defense in yards, 6th pass D, 16th run D, 5th in points allowed.  They have the 5th best defense in DVOA. This is going to be a low scoring game on the road on a Thursday night. Ravens should still win though.

#8 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 October 2022 - 02:36 PM

They are 22nd in offensive yards; 6th passing; 32nd rushing; 25th in points scored. 

#9 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 02:38 PM

IM shocked to hear most fans think their team is going to lose anytime they face another decent team. Its as if they only focus on their own teams flaws and dont realize every other team has them too

#10 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 03:54 PM

TB has the 7th overall best defense in yards, 6th pass D, 16th run D, 5th in points allowed.  They have the 5th best defense in DVOA. This is going to be a low scoring game on the road on a Thursday night. Ravens should still win though.

They're also missing their two best safeties. Logan Ryan is already on IR, and now it appears as if Antoine Winfield, Jr. won't clear concussion protocol in time for Thursday's game.

#11 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 05:25 AM

They're also missing their two best safeties. Logan Ryan is already on IR, and now it appears as if Antoine Winfield, Jr. won't clear concussion protocol in time for Thursday's game.

Send Jackson deep .   :mrgreen:

• Old Man likes this

#12 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 05:30 AM

I see them as a power couple as they are both celebrity A-Listers in their own right.

The combination makes it very hard for a marriage to work, marriage is hard enough, when you are just 2 normal people.

I get it, she wants him to retire and be a part of the family.

The fire in him to play, still burns deep, and he isnt ready to hang it up.

You have to ask yourself, why keep playing?

He has money, he has rings, what more can he hope to accomplish? He is already a lock for the HOF kingdom.

She wanted him to retire after the last SB win with NE. Then he played out his contract and signed and won again in Tampa. I guess he came back to defend the title and she believed that was it. Then he changed his mind again. So its been building up with her for 5 yrs.

• Old Man likes this

#13 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 05:40 AM

Send Jackson deep .   :mrgreen:

Is that play, even in the playbook? :)

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 06:13 AM

TB SB Nation: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Baltimore Ravens: Initial Week 8 Injury Report

https://www.bucsnati...8-injury-report

#15 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 07:33 AM

If the Ravens coaches got any wisdom from last night's beat down in New England, they'll come out try to do the exact same thing to Tampa Bay.  Carbon copy.  To the letter.  If they concur, then I do think they have a decent chance of getting a win.  If not, I see this as a loss on the road and probably by about 10 points.  So, as far as I'm concerned, it's up to Harbaugh and Roman 100%.  

#16 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 October 2022 - 09:07 AM

I don’t believe you can carbon copy anything in sports. Game plan the best way you think fits your team.  Playing on the road on Thursday night is tough, but I think the Ravens are going to win in a close game.  We are in Clearwater Beach this week and are going to the game so I hope we get the win.

The local media and fans seem to think Brady will right the ship.  

@mikeghg

#17 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 09:31 AM

I don’t believe you can carbon copy anything in sports. Game plan the best way you think fits your team.  Playing on the road on Thursday night is tough, but I think the Ravens are going to win in a close game.  We are in Clearwater Beach this week and are going to the game so I hope we get the win.

The local media and fans seem to think Brady will right the ship.  

I think the way this season has gone, close game in the 4th quarter are going to leave some fans thinking the game is lost.

#18 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 10:33 AM

You can put me firmly in the corner of thinking the Ravens are going to see a different Tampa team than the one that was out there the last two weeks.  I don't know if that means righting the ship or what, I just think there is too much pride and talent on that team to keep stringing poor efforts together.  Doesn't mean the Raven's can't or won't win, just means I think Thursday nights Tampa team will look quite a bit more interested in playing than they have the last two weeks.  

I initially had this game circled as a loss mainly because it is a Thursday night road game and that is always difficult.  Humphrey, Peters, Stanley, and Andrews all did not practice yesterday.  Edwards was limited.  Tampa has a quite a few players banged up as well.  I think this will be a hard fought, close game.  I see Tampa making one or two more big plays against a Raven's secondary that still didn't look all that good even in the win against Cleveland.  

#19 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 11:24 AM

Why does the NFL still do TNF?

#20 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members