• Greg Pappas and Old Man like this

#2 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 22 October 2022 - 12:42 PM

Likely what will happen is Elias will think he has a successful team based on this season and will make no meaningful outside additions to the team and we'll be back to square one. Book it. 

#3 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 October 2022 - 05:19 PM

Likely what will happen is Elias will think he has a successful team based on this season and will make no meaningful outside additions to the team and we'll be back to square one. Book it.

But it’s “lift off time” baby!!!
@BSLMikeRandall

#4 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,683 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 22 October 2022 - 05:36 PM

This side of the required pandering to the narrative of rebuilding, I'm ok with a lot of what he says in this writeup and (correctly, IMO) walks the "we'll see" line in terms of anything other than cursory moves.

Couple disagreements...

For backup C...getting Sandy Leon, who hasn't produced an OPS over .550 since 2017, would be terrible.  If the current crop (4!!) of 40-man players or someone like Leon is the answer...ugh.

I don't think you can consider Bradish without separating his first and second half.  In 10 first half starts, he had an ugly ERA over 7 (despite a dominant start in SEA), but in 13 second half starts, he had an ERA under 3.30.  While I don't necessarily think he's a 3.00 ERA starter, he's certainly produced enough in the second half to merit  more solid consideration.

I think his Talent projection (new adds) is poor.  I don't see any merit to the second and third level additions he describes.  Few of them, if any, represent more opportunity than the current Baseline roster.

He kind of leaves this as a blank slate, which I'm ok with in the TBD mode.

#5 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 October 2022 - 06:22 PM

I actually think Bradish is going to be one the Os best pitchers next season. The games he is good, he’s really good. Like Greg Maddux accuracy good. The more he develops, the more of those games he’ll have.

He’s be in my opening day rotation right now, rather than in the fighting for a spot group. I’ll be disappointed if they yo-yo him around the bullpen, spot start, AAA and back.
@BSLMikeRandall

#6 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 24 October 2022 - 11:26 AM

This article seems to suggest that the O's are all set, and don't need any help on the position player side of the team. If that's the route Elias takes, he better be right. Because spend-thrift teams like the O's don't have big, open windows. They need to fire on all cylinders next year. Rutch is gone in 5 years, so they don't have a grace period.    

Good news! I saw a dog today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=