502 replies to this topic

#21 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 01:15 PM

I think this could be the most important game of the season.  No division title or playoff spot is going to be won or lost here, but it might  define how the rest of the season goes.  A loss here and the wheels might very well come off of this cart.  

The next game is a quick turnaround for a Thursday night game in Tampa Bay.  That's not an easy game.  Tampa's a team trying to stack wins together as well.  I had the Tampa game pegged as a loss at the beginning of the season and still think it could be.  The next week is in New Orleans for a Monday night game.  That's another tough place to play.  New Orleans isn't the same team as it was with Payton at coach and Brees at QB, but they've still played teams tough.  Lost by 4 to Cincy in a game they led most of the way, lost by 3 to Minnesota.  

Bottom line is that if the Ravens lose Sunday, they could find themselves on a 4 game losing streak in a couple of weeks with a 3-6 record.  Certainly a loss on Sunday can lead to a 3-5 record going into New Orleans.  Sunday is a huge game that the Ravens absolutely cannot lose.  

I tend to agree with you about it being pretty close to a "must" win.  I doubt they beat either Tampa Bay or New Orleans which would leave them at 4-5.  Not great but still in the hunt for the division.  If the Bengals put together a 5 or 6 game winning streak, I think that would put an end to the Ravens having any chance but we'll have to see how Cincinnati plays over the next month. 

#22 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 October 2022 - 03:48 PM

They definitely didn't own them, but Saquon got his. It's not like they shut him down.

Lol. Ok.

#23 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 06:32 PM

Lol. Ok.

You confuse me. You get on the defense (and the offense, rightfully so), for allowing 14 4th quarter points and allowing the go ahead touchdown. Saquon got 95 yards on 25 touches and the game winning TD. The defense didn't let him run over them, but he still had a good day.

Nick Chubb is a God damned good running back who has torched very good Ravens defenses in the past. Why you're suddenly leaping to defend the most indefensible unit the franchise has fielded in some time, while simultaneously attributing a stance to me that I literally never took, when I agree with you on almost every single stance you take on the Ravens, is weird.

#24 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 October 2022 - 07:38 PM

You confuse me. You get on the defense (and the offense, rightfully so), for allowing 14 4th quarter points and allowing the go ahead touchdown. Saquon got 95 yards on 25 touches and the game winning TD. The defense didn't let him run over them, but he still had a good day.

Nick Chubb is a God damned good running back who has torched very good Ravens defenses in the past. Why you're suddenly leaping to defend the most indefensible unit the franchise has fielded in some time, while simultaneously attributing a stance to me that I literally never took, when I agree with you on almost every single stance you take on the Ravens, is weird.

It isn’t confusing at all. The Ravens are stout against the run, despite the occasional one off. They held Barkley to about 25% less than his average fantasy production. Sorry that it’s weird for you to believe Nick Chubb won’t be the reason the Ravens lose this week, if they do.

Now, could I see them containing Chubb nearly the whole game, but then allowing him to score a late TD? Yeah, they love that stuff. If it’s late in the game, come on in, you don’t even have to leave a tip on the night stand. That doesn’t mean Chubb will have feasted against the Ravens.

Also, Chubb had 30 touches for 104 yards and no TD’s in 2 games against the Ravens last year. He’s talented, I get that. But I’m not scared. Not scared of that at least.

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 04:44 PM

Balt Ravens.com: Who's Practicing, Who's Not: Mark Andrews, J.K. Dobbins Out for Second Straight Day

https://www.baltimor...6-siMW14xx92obE

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 22 October 2022 - 07:28 PM

Gus Edwards activated.
  • NewMarketSean and sandiegosean like this

#27 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 12:34 AM

Personally I pick the Ravens to win and cover in this game.  I thought the Browns were on the upswing a few years ago.  But this team is bad from the organization head down.  They've been close in earlier games, but they just are not that good.  With the 2012 SB guys in town, and the sting of last week, I thing this will be a fairly easy Raven win.  If they lose this game, they have serious problems.   This is probably the only other game besides the Jet game where I feel confident the Ravens will not only win, but dominate.  

Ravens 31   Browns 20

#28 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 06:42 AM

Heading down in a bit. Going to the Jimmy's Seafood Tailgate party. Haven't done Jimmy's before, always done Brian's BMORE Around Town...but man if these things didn't get expensive fast. I remember them being around $30-40 pp before COVID...now it's $65-70 pp.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#29 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 07:32 AM

C1csQcu.png

@BSLMikeRandall

#30 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,777 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 07:42 AM

Gus Edwards activated.

Gonna play today? That's wild.

#31 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 23 October 2022 - 09:19 AM

Heading down in a bit. Going to the Jimmy's Seafood Tailgate party. Haven't done Jimmy's before, always done Brian's BMORE Around Town...but man if these things didn't get expensive fast. I remember them being around $30-40 pp before COVID...now it's $65-70 pp.

Sitting this one out. Sold my tickets for close to face which shocked me lol.

Have fun.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#32 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 09:39 AM

I feel like today is going to be a tough grind. 

Real curious to see who is inactive. 

#33 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 October 2022 - 10:19 AM

I feel like today is going to be a tough grind.

Real curious to see who is inactive.

Why? Cleveland stinks.

#34 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, gut tells me we finally finish one off in convincing fashion

#35 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 10:24 AM

Why? Cleveland stinks.

Division game. They do have talent, it's masked by Brissett who is exposed when he has to start regularly. 
Who is available for the Ravens, and who is not?  And with the guys that are active... a number of them are banged up.  

It's a game the Ravens need to win.  Division game at home.  It's a game they should win.  
But not going to be surprised if it's a grind. 

#36 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 10:25 AM

Yeah, gut tells me we finally finish one off in convincing fashion

Feel like it's either a laugher where Cleveland coughs the ball up multiple times and the Ravens capitalize... or it's a game into the 4th.

Either way, just win.

#37 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 10:29 AM

If it's a game into the 4th, we all know what to expect.

Honestly, if they have anything less than a 4 touchdown lead going into the 4th, we know what to expect.

#38 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 23 October 2022 - 10:42 AM

Gus is active. I wonder what kind of workload he will have.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#39 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 11:02 AM

Gus is active. I wonder what kind of workload he will have.

I would imagine 5-10 touches at the most.

#40 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 11:10 AM

Love JK and wish he were healthy obviously but Ill take all the actives today considering what weve been through. Edwards is back. Houston is back. Hill is back. Bateman is back. Stanley is now on week 3. Moses is playing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=