Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 14 October 2022 - 11:36 AM

Headed up to NJ tomorrow.

Ticket prices are higher than expected because the stupid Giants are 4-1.

• Mike B likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#22 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 October 2022 - 12:50 PM

Headed up to NJ tomorrow.

Ticket prices are higher than expected because the stupid Giants are 4-1.

I actually looked a few weeks ago, and they are higher now.  Hopefully we can beat their asses and make the cost cheaper for those down the line.

@mikeghg

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 09:56 AM

Balt Sun: Previewing Ravens vs. Giants: 8 things to watch, including Saquon Barkley’s elusiveness, third-down success and more

#24 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 02:06 PM

One thing the Ravens must prioritize tomorrow is tackling Barkley and not letting him get an extra 3-5 yards after contact. It has me concerned because the Ravens are notoriously, a lousy tackling defense. That crap isn't going to fly with Barkley.
  • JStruds likes this

#25 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 October 2022 - 02:22 PM

One thing the Ravens must prioritize tomorrow is tackling Barkley and not letting him get an extra 3-5 yards after contact. It has me concerned because the Ravens are notoriously, a lousy tackling defense. That crap isn't going to fly with Barkley.

This reminds me a lot of the chatter leading up to the 2020 Titans playoff game that we won.

2DYVSrX.jpg

Don’t be scared.

#26 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 03:12 PM

I think the Ravens win this one 24-17.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#27 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 15 October 2022 - 04:28 PM

This reminds me a lot of the chatter leading up to the 2020 Titans playoff game that we won.

2DYVSrX.jpg

Don’t be scared.

Acknowledging a current weakness does not equal being scared. It would be really nice to see the DC come up with a plan basically the opposite of last week's to stop the run somewhat like the Tenn game you highlighted.

#28 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 04:47 PM

That was a great, defensive performance against Henry and the Titans. So much so that Henry was talking to himself on the side line. Let's hope for a repeat against Barkley.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#29 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 05:22 PM

One thing the defense was mostly great at with a healthy Brandon Williams.... stopping the run.

#30 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 08:00 PM

2DYVSrX.jpg

Don’t be scared.

Well there's also the year before.  When Henry had 195 yards on 30 carries.  Sometimes you get the bear, other times the bear gets you.  Thing is I don't think Barkley will get 100 yards on the ground tomorrow.  If he's going to do damage, I think it comes on screens and dump offs in the flat.  The Ravens front 7 are pretty good at swarming to the ball carrier from the backfield and bringing him down with little gain.  Tackling in open space, has proven to be a challenge.  That's what the defense needs to be on the watch for.  

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#31 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 09:45 PM

This is a much more intriguing matchup then it looked during the offseason.  I had this firmly circled as a win.  I still think it's a Raven's win, but that circle is a lot less firm. 

These Giants are on a roll.  Of course beating the Titans(3-2), Panthers(1-4), and Bears(2-4) isn't exactly murderers row.  Now Green Bay, and especially coming back from down 17-3 was impressive.  It's a lot tougher playing this team now than a year ago.  Stacking wins leads to confidence.  Jones isn't great, but there are worse.  He seems to be playing within himself, completing high percentage passes.  If the coaching staff is smart, they'll have him dumping the ball off quick and letting the receivers or running backs do the work.  

And then there's the WInk factor.  He may have left amicably but you can't tell me he didn't feel like the scapegoat.  The injuries on his side of the ball were just as bad as losing the RBs.  His secondary was decimated last year.  His FO let Judon walk and there really hasn't been anyone of equal value to replace him.  And yet he was the person who got canned.  And defensively the Ravens this year are ranked #28 while the Giants are #12.  That has to be satisfaction for Wink, but a big game shutting the Raven's offense down would be a lot more satisfaction.  And he does know what the team likes to do with Lamar.  It will be interesting to see how well his D can do against Jackson tomorrow.  

Bottom line is that I think the Raven's are simply a better team, but I don't think this will be an easy win.  I think the Giants will stay in it all the way.  

#32 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 04:57 AM

This is a much more intriguing matchup then it looked during the offseason.  I had this firmly circled as a win.  I still think it's a Raven's win, but that circle is a lot less firm. 

These Giants are on a roll.  Of course beating the Titans(3-2), Panthers(1-4), and Bears(2-4) isn't exactly murderers row.  Now Green Bay, and especially coming back from down 17-3 was impressive.  It's a lot tougher playing this team now than a year ago.  Stacking wins leads to confidence.  Jones isn't great, but there are worse.  He seems to be playing within himself, completing high percentage passes.  If the coaching staff is smart, they'll have him dumping the ball off quick and letting the receivers or running backs do the work.  

And then there's the WInk factor.  He may have left amicably but you can't tell me he didn't feel like the scapegoat.  The injuries on his side of the ball were just as bad as losing the RBs.  His secondary was decimated last year.  His FO let Judon walk and there really hasn't been anyone of equal value to replace him.  And yet he was the person who got canned.  And defensively the Ravens this year are ranked #28 while the Giants are #12.  That has to be satisfaction for Wink, but a big game shutting the Raven's offense down would be a lot more satisfaction.  And he does know what the team likes to do with Lamar.  It will be interesting to see how well his D can do against Jackson tomorrow.  

Bottom line is that I think the Raven's are simply a better team, but I don't think this will be an easy win.  I think the Giants will stay in it all the way.  

I'm certainly not expecting a blow out victory but if they contain Barkley and make Jones one-dimensional, I think it's a win by at least 10-17 points.  Not earth shattering but convincing.  If Lamar is allowed to be Lamar and he doesn't shoot himself in the foot by throwing foolish picks, he'll get his yardage both through the air and on the ground.  Wink may be familiar with him but that doesn't mean much if the team is executing. The Giants being 4-1 may be a blessing in disguise because this could have been one of those games where the Ravens would have been heavy favorites and then sleep walked through the game. We shall see. I feel fairly confident they'll get the job done but any game with this team makes me nervous. 

#33 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 08:58 AM

McDonald vs. Wink. 

I would take the 2nd half over as both defenses try to blow it late. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#34 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 09:18 AM

Vm52w0x.png

Practice squad elevations of Attachou and Washington bring the roster the 53.

Bateman, Cleveland, Houston already ruled out. Hill is doubtful. So someone will be a healthy scratch today. 

Edwards, Bowser, and Ojabo are practicing. Decision on Edwards by Oct. 26. Decision on Bowser/Ojabo by Nov. 2. 

Marcus Williams could return week 10 at the earliest, but it sounds more serious than that. Apparently he dislocated his wrist on the first or second drive, and played all the way up through halftime with it. That is one tough SOB.

@BSLMikeRandall

#35 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 10:37 AM

Giants SB Nation: Giants-Ravens: 3 keys for Giants to upset Baltimore

https://www.bigbluev...upset-baltimore

#36 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 10:48 AM

Feed JK (unless scared of the turf).

#37 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 October 2022 - 10:57 AM

.Bateman, Cleveland, Hill,, Houston and armour-Davis inactive.

A, Washington S, Klein and Attaochu making their season debuts.

@mikeghg

#38 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 11:08 AM

I think this is a game where the Giants cover the spread in the end, but it's by virtue of a garbage time TD and the score makes the game look a little closer than it truly was. I fully believe the Giants stay in it for the most part, but not enough to ever really threaten the outcome. Barkley may have a nice box score at the end of the day, but it won't be enough.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of blitzes Wink dials up for Lamar. He's too aggressive for me to believe he'll break tendency and force the Ravens WRs and Lamar to work through more coverage on the back end and be on the same page.

I'll go Ravens 28 Giants 23.

#39 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 16 October 2022 - 11:41 AM

Ravens being a 5 1/2 road favorite against a 4-1 team shows me that the wise guys have no faith in the Giants. I like the Ravens to double the point spread and win going away.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#40 MirzetSalihovic

MirzetSalihovic

All-Star

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 11:47 AM

We should overwhelm this offense. Would love to see a blowout but I doubt it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=