783 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 07:56 AM

The Giants are 4-1. 

ESPN's Matchup Predictor gives the Ravens a 65.5% chance of winning. 

The Ravens are a 5.5 point favorite. 

The Over / Under is 43.5.

The Bank: Previewing Week 6 Vs. The New York Giants

BSL: Next Game Up: Ravens at Giants

#2 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 07:59 AM

Run-based offense is typically a good matchup for the Ravens defense, even recently when it's been a struggle.

Wanna see a get-well game from Lamar. Do something amazing.

#3 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 October 2022 - 08:43 AM

I’m less concerned with him doing something amazing than playing a clean 4-quarter game. That would be nice. The stalled drives and mental mistakes and lack of adjustments as the game goes on are concerning. Right now, this Ravens team isn’t a legit contender IMO.

Now, I’ll sit back and try to resist the urge to get combative as I get blasted for being spoiled, a bad fan, or whatever else comes because of me saying that.

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 09:17 AM

Agree they haven't played well enough to date to think they can go beat 3 or 4 good teams in a row. I do think they've flashed enough to not be surprised with them winning any particular game no matter the opponent.

I'm optimistic they can improve as the year goes on, gotta catch some breaks with the health though. Defense might be too broken to ever be consistently good but I think they can get to a not bad level that will allow a good offense to carry the team most weeks. The weak division will help, lot more margin for error than I anticipated before the season began. Might be able to struggle along for quite a while and have it not ruin things, just gotta find it eventually.

#5 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 09:18 AM

I’m less concerned with him doing something amazing than playing a clean 4-quarter game. That would be nice. The stalled drives and mental mistakes and lack of adjustments as the game goes on are concerning. Right now, this Ravens team isn’t a legit contender IMO.

Now, I’ll sit back and try to resist the urge to get combative as I get blasted for being spoiled, a bad fan, or whatever else comes because of me saying that.

The whole "bad fan" take is insane to me, like there's some textbook definition of how fans should act.

NYG are a good team with a strong defense. Very limited offensively if you can contain Barkley. Going to be close I'd bet.

#6 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 09:37 AM

NYG is 26th in yards against the run. We really need to establish the run game moving forward, especially if Bateman will miss more time.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#7 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 10:38 AM

This team has serious flaws, yet who is better in the AFC? The Chiefs and Bills obviously, but then...? The Titans who have the 30th offense and 26th defense by yards? The Dolphins without Tua? The Jets or Colts or Browns? Chargers oddly don't scare me much. Bengals are fairly equal right now, though if Lamar was halfway decent it could have been a double digit win. I don't know what "legit contenders" really means but if Lamar shows up in the playoffs and the defense gets it together a little by the end of the year (some good signs the past two weeks overall despite last drive choke jobs) they can obviously beat anybody. Maybe we get lucky and the Bills and Chiefs have to play in the divisional round again. But that's looking too far ahead.

That said it seems like they can probably lose to anyone too, if Lamar has these inconsistent stretches and the defense plays to its floor. Like this week Barkley could easily run over and past Queen all day. No game can be taken for granted. I guess that's the NFL these days.

#8 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 07:10 PM

I think this is a legitimate, good take, at the moment. This team hasn't exactly inspired confidence. I think the offense is a championship caliber offense, that can score on anyone. The defense is the issue. And as much as they're blamed, I personally don't believe it's the secondary. At least I don't feel that is the main issue. We can't generate consistent pressure from anywhere. JPP looked like he still had some juice. Which is good. But if we make any big moves prior to the deadline, it better be for a pass rusher. I feel like if we can solve our pass rush issue, we become a top 15 defense again. How we do that, I'm not sure.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#9 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 10 October 2022 - 11:39 PM

This was one of those games which looked fairly promising when the schedule came out, but the Giants have looked pretty good thus far. Daniel Jones doesn't scare anyone, but Saquon Barkley appears to be back in form, and Wink has that defense playing well. If nothing else, they're getting key stops when they need to get them.

#10 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 12:10 AM

Some think Wink was the D Coordinator talking shit on Lamar this summer. We will see who gets the last laugh

#11 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 07:19 AM

If Roman is incapable of exploiting Wink's safety light and safety free coverages, it'll be a travesty. That said, Roman is capable of being incapable at times, so...

They should have lost at TEN after Wink had Jefferson imitating Chuck Clark pointlessly dancing around near the line while Tannehill hit a long out down the sideline to get TEN in FG range. Wink will give them the same opportunities...

#12 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 October 2022 - 07:22 AM

We need to have the ball last so we can do to Wink what his defenses had happen to them late with a lot of consistency. That would be fun. I actively dislike Wink. There’s no doubt in my mind he was behind those Lamar quotes.

#13 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 07:40 AM

I imagine there will be a lot of blitzing from Wink's defense.  Lamar's been pretty good against bitzes this year.  Hopefully Bateman is back because I think the routes he runs best are the better blitz-beaters.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#14 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 09:14 AM

In 2019 Wink said Lamar-Mahomes could be the next Brady-Manning and they were "two great quarterbacks." I'm sure he could have been talking out his butt then, or bitter this year about being fired, but that's a vast change from that to the anonymous quotes from this summer.

https://profootballt...-brady-manning/

#15 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 October 2022 - 09:35 AM

That’s coach speak. And speaking out of a place of desire. He loved the days when Lamar kept his defense off the field.

#16 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 13 October 2022 - 10:14 AM

BSL: Next Game Up: Ravens at Giants

https://baltimorespo...vens-at-giants/

@MikeFastNFL

#17 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 13 October 2022 - 02:55 PM

This was one of those games which looked fairly promising when the schedule came out, but the Giants have looked pretty good thus far. Daniel Jones doesn't scare anyone, but Saquon Barkley appears to be back in form, and Wink has that defense playing well. If nothing else, they're getting key stops when they need to get them.

I think the Giants have a bit of a paper tiger thing going on at the moment. Daniel Jones is just not good, so the defense should be able to key on Barkley and hopefully limit his productivity. Wink's defense, despite blitzing at a 43% rate, has 11 sacks....which just happens to be as many sacks as our "terrible" pass rush has. Starting CB Adoree Jackson is giving up 16.3 yds/comp. For reference, Marlon Humphrey is giving up under 8 yds/comp.

I'm feeling good about this match up.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#18 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 13 October 2022 - 02:58 PM

In 2019 Wink said Lamar-Mahomes could be the next Brady-Manning and they were "two great quarterbacks." I'm sure he could have been talking out his butt then, or bitter this year about being fired, but that's a vast change from that to the anonymous quotes from this summer.

https://profootballt...-brady-manning/

A good friend of mine has played golf with Wink for the last few years and he's shared some interesting tidbits. Without revealing too much, I can say that Wink leaving Baltimore was very amicable. Wink was ready to move on and Harbaugh "fired" him as a procedural move so he could get paid on his contract from the Ravens, if he didn't land another job right away. 

• Mike B and makoman like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#19 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 October 2022 - 10:00 AM

A good friend of mine has played golf with Wink for the last few years and he's shared some interesting tidbits. Without revealing too much, I can say that Wink leaving Baltimore was very amicable. Wink was ready to move on and Harbaugh "fired" him as a procedural move so he could get paid on his contract from the Ravens, if he didn't land another job right away. 

That is good to hear and shows the class the Ravens organization has.

@mikeghg

#20 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 10:02 AM

Giants SB Nation: Giants’ DC Wink Martindale professes nothing but love for Baltimore Ravens organization

https://www.bigbluev...ns-organization

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=