638 replies to this topic

#21 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,954 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, Im with you on your overall assessment. This team is inconsistent and thats because they have nothing to hang their hat on. They dont have a team identity. 

#22 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:57 PM

They're going to win. This is a good team. I'm down on the defense, but even they can be good enough with the type of offense this is rounding into. The TOP yesterday was just beautiful, even if they didn't do enough with it. They're close to being a dominant unit. Gus almost back. Hopefully 2035 is wrong and Stanley even suits up Sunday night. 

#23 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,954 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:59 PM

They're going to win. This is a good team. I'm down on the defense, but even they can be good enough with the type of offense this is rounding into. The TOP yesterday was just beautiful, even if they didn't do enough with it. They're close to being a dominant unit. Gus almost back. Hopefully 2035 is wrong and Stanley even suits up Sunday night.

The offense will be inconsistent too. Dont hang your hat on that. THe run game looks better but its still being carried by Lamar. Have to run the ball as the weather gets worse.

#24 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:00 PM

Our DL against their OL is going to be an epic battle between the stoppable force vs the movable object.

• Biggsy likes this

#25 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:01 PM

THe offense will be inconsistent too. DOnt hang your hat on that. THe run game looks better but its still being carried by Lamar. Have to run the ball as the weather gets worse. 

It's week 4. I'm making a call, going out on a limb, whatever - I think this offense is about to take off. I really do.

#26 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,954 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:04 PM

It's week 4. I'm making a call, going out on a limb, whatever - I think this offense is about to take off. I really do.

I respect it. They are a good unit but my warning is to understand that Lamar still heavily carries the offense. If he slows down over the long season in addition to worsening weather I  just dont see it. 

#27 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,954 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:07 PM

We also do miss Brown. Hes a good WR. I am fine with the trade of him for Linderbaum considering price, years left on contract, etc but make no mistake he was an asset to the offense. IN the meantime we are paying Boyle and Stanley sig money to sit.

#28 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,991 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:12 PM

2+ TD's and no chance of winning again?

I won't say no chance, but probably less than 40%.

#29 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,765 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:13 PM

We also do miss Brown. Hes a good WR. I am fine with the trade of him for Linderbaum considering price, years left on contract, etc but make no mistake, he was an asset to the offense. IN the meantime we are paying Boyle and Stanley sig money to sit.

Agree that Brown is missed but don't see what Stanley and Boyle have to do with it. They'd still be here had we not made the trade.

#30 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,954 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:17 PM

Agree that Brown is missed but don't see what Stanley and Boyle have to do with it. They'd still be here had we not made the trade.

They dont really. I just want to vent about the extension for Boyle after his significant injury. And Im starting to question the restructure on Ronnie this summer which adds further payroll commitment to him in the future

#31 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:21 PM

I respect it. They are a good unit but my warning is to understand that Lamar still heavily carries the offense. If he slows down over the long season in addition to worsening weather I just dont see it.

I mean of course it’s on him.

#32 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,765 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:22 PM

THey dont really. I just want to vent about the extension for Boyle after his significant injury. And Im starting to question the restructure on ROnie this summer which adds further payroll commitment to him in the future

Agree with Boyle.

Stanley's restructure was essentially mandatory to help field a team this year, so no complaints. Pushing some obligations forward is a necessary evil that is lessened due to the rising cap. It's an interest-free loan in a heavy-inflating market. As long as you're responsible and not overdoing it recklessly it's a good weapon in your arsenal.

#33 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,090 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 07:19 PM

I mean they were leading the league in scoring entering yesterday.

#34 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 October 2022 - 07:24 PM

I mean they were leading the league in scoring entering yesterday.

Exactly. But I’m talking about another level.

#35 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 07:45 PM

My early thought is this will be the shootout everyone was expecting against the Bills.  The Bills inexplicably took an entire half to find themselves.  The Ravens inexplicably turned off for the entire second half.  I think this game we see both teams bringing the guns. 

Cincinnati is loaded with skill players on offense and even though their o-line has taken a while to come together, the Ravens pressure doesn't scare anyone.  Jamar Chase, Tee Higgins, and an old friend Hayden Hurst will present a lot of problems for a pass defense that is like a sieve.  And Mixon on the ground is no slouch either.

And I expect the Ravens offense to return to it's earlier form.  Cincinnati's defense is better than the Ravens, but it's not overwhelming.  This could very well be a game where the punters get the night off!   

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#36 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,954 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 10:56 PM

I mean of course it’s on him.

We saw last year that he cant maintain the A game for 17 weeks. Who can

#37 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 06:21 AM

I respect it. They are a good unit but my warning is to understand that Lamar still heavily carries the offense. If he slows down over the long season in addition to worsening weather I just dont see it.

I mean, same can be said for Rodgers, Burrow, Allen, Mahomes ect. If he wants a record, guaranteed contract, you have to prove you can carry an offense for at least 14 of the 17 games. Otherwise, what's the point in dedicating 20% or your cap to a guy who can't carry an offense that can't afford to pay to put extra help around him.

#38 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 09:22 PM

I think the Ravens will win this one. It's a gut check game and Harbaugh generally does a good job of pulling his team together after tough losses. I think they win a close one (24-20) and they break this home game losing streak.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#39 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 05 October 2022 - 10:01 AM

I do expect a high scoring game with the Ravens defense sucking throughout but I have a gut feeling that a couple of Cincinnati turnovers will cost them the game. For once, Harbaugh will let Tucker kick a winning FG. Baltimore 31; Cincinnati 30

#40 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 October 2022 - 09:51 AM

I think the Ravens win this game.  It will be close, but if they win,they will be in good shape in the division.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=