• Please log in to reply
638 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 10:38 AM

ESPN's Match-up Predictor gives Cincinnati a 51.7% chance of winning. 

#2 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 03 October 2022 - 10:52 AM

Excited to see how we blow this one!
  • You Play to Win the Game and Mike in STL like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#3 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,443 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 11:34 AM

They'll probably find a way to win this one.

#4 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 12:44 PM

They'll probably find a way to win this one.

I know it's tough after a loss. But the team is good. They have some massive flaws right now, that need fixed asap. But they smoked the Jets, who are looking like an average at worst team right now. The beat a Pats team that played with GB. They had massive leads against two teams that are a combined 6-2 right now. Granted they blew those leads. But, they had the leads before they blew them.

They need to find a way to close these games out. Cincy hasn't exactly been juggernauts. So I expect a close game. Hopefully we can get to Burrow enough.

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 12:46 PM

I get to go to this one!

• You Play to Win the Game and Pedro Cerrano like this

#6 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 October 2022 - 12:48 PM

Going to come down to which OLine shows up for Cinci this week. The one that was just awful weeks 1-3, or the week 4 iteration which kept Burrow clean, only giving up 1 sack to an aggressive Dolphins team on a Thursday night. They looked to click last week, but it’s only one week. Point being, if we give Burrow time (and a lot of times even if we don’t), he’ll light it up.

I agree, this team overall is good. They’ll be ready. If it’s a blowout like last year, that’ll say a lot though.

#7 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 12:51 PM

Going to come down to which OLine shows up for Cinci this week. The one that was just awful weeks 1-3, or the week 4 iteration which kept Burrow clean, only giving up 1 sack to an aggressive Dolphins team on a Thursday night. They looked to click last week, but it’s only one week. Point being, if we give Burrow time (and a lot of times even if we don’t), he’ll light it up.

I agree, this team overall is good. They’ll be ready. If it’s a blowout like last year, that’ll say a lot though.

Unfortunately with the way our secondary has looked, it's very possible Burrow lights us up again.

But this season it seems as though our offense can at least answer. Hope Bateman is good to go.

#8 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 October 2022 - 12:55 PM

Long sustained drives finishing in TD’s.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 01:02 PM

The Cincinnati Oline is poor, and the best way to beat them would be with a Front 4 that could get pass rush without scheme. 
The Ravens can't do that.  And even if you bring extra rushers and try and scheme; their ability to get home is in-doubt. 

If you go 3-3-5, or 3-2-6 without pressure; Burrow will probably pick you apart.... but I think that's probably the best way to go. Make Burrow work up and down the field. Keep the Bengals in-front of you.   

Tighten up in the RZ, and try and force a turnover or two.

#10 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 October 2022 - 01:03 PM

They added to the Oline and it’s a group learning to play together. Same argument you’re trying to sell on our defense, except for the fact that Cinc’s OLine looked great last week. I think it’d be a mistake to underestimate their line.

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 01:03 PM

Long sustained drives finishing in TD’s.

If they have the opportunity for points, I hope they take them. 
Generally agree though.  Sustained drives, and finish.     

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 01:05 PM

They added to the Oline and it’s a group learning to play together. Same argument you’re trying to sell on our defense, except for the fact that Cinc’s OLine looked great last week.

Interesting. Do see Burrow is crediting their play in the win vs. Miami. 
Just knew they had allowed 15 sacks going into that game.  

#13 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 October 2022 - 01:08 PM

Interesting. Do see Burrow is crediting their play in the win vs. Miami.
Just knew they had allowed 15 sacks going into that game.

I still think they are vulnerable, just wouldn’t surprise me if they play well either. And Burrow is just so hard to stop when he has a pocket.

#14 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 02:27 PM

Burrow's Cincinnati owns the Ravens. I don't see that changing in a year with one of the worst Ravens defenses in recent memory.

#15 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:23 PM

Burrow's Cincinnati owns the Ravens. I don't see that changing in a year with one of the worst Ravens defenses in recent memory.

2+ TD's and no chance of winning again?

#16 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:31 PM

I have no idea what to expect and think literally everything is reasonably possible. Blowout win to blowout loss and everything in between.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#17 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,829 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:34 PM

I have no idea what to expect and think literally everything is reasonably possible. Blowout win to blowout loss and everything in between.

Blowout either way would be pretty surprising. But overall yeah, I dont want anyone saying they know how this game will go

#18 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:34 PM

Joe Burrow is 2-1 against the Ravens. That's hardly owning someone. In a best-of-five, it's not even a series win.

Yes, there was that second-half shellacking by the Bengals in the first game last year, but in the second meeting, Burrow's counterpart was Josh Johnson, who has played for just about every NFL team but the Pottsville Maroons.

#19 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,829 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:36 PM

Joe Burrow is 2-1 against the Ravens. That's hardly owning someone. In a best-of-five, it's not even a series win.

Yes, there was that second-half shellacking by the Bengals in the first game last year, but in the second meeting, Burrow's counterpart was Josh Johnson, who has played for just about every NFL team but the Pottsville Maroons.

Consider the source. 

#20 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:39 PM

Blowout either way would be pretty surprising. But overall yeah, I dont want anyone saying they know how this game will go

Less likely than a close game, didn't mean to imply a blowout was equally likely as close. Just that I can envision what feels like a reasonable path to any of the options.

Blowout win would require another great start where we get up 2-3 scores and then finally following through on both sides of the ball. Blowout loss would require the 3rd/4th quarter flips to be basically the entire night.

I'll take a win any way we can get it. But have absolutely no idea of what to expect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=