#142 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:04 PM

Hyde’s got a terrible feel for the game sometimes. Ugh. Bad loss, this one stings.

#143 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,741 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:05 PM

Astros cheated, don't know how but they did. Only explanation
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#144 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,985 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:06 PM

Hyde’s got a terrible feel for the game sometimes. Ugh. Bad loss, this one stings.

He deserves next year but Im likely out on him

#145 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,741 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:07 PM

This one stings

This. We aren't supposed to lose on Brooks Robinson night

#146 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:07 PM

He deserves next year but Im likely out on him

I’m tempted honestly. Like wtf, several times this past month. Hard to overlook his due credit for being in this position, but seriously. So many stupid ass decisions.

#147 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,589 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:09 PM

Hyde isn't a winning manager.

#148 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,985 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:10 PM

I’m tempted honestly. Like wtf, several times this past month. Hard to overlook his due credit for being in this position, but seriously. So many stupid ass decisions.

And even if you think Elias or the FO is making the lineups. THey arent the ones calling down and making unnecessary dpuble switches and weird pitching changes in game

#149 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:20 PM

And even if you think Elias or the FO is making the lineups. THey arent the ones calling down and making unnecessary dpuble switches and weird pitching changes in game

The double switch was because they lost the DH when they moved Rutschman behind the plate. Was there a reason they had him suit up? Did Chirinos get dinged up?

#150 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,985 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:22 PM

The double switch was because they lost the DH when they moved Rutschman behind the plate. Was there a reason they had him suit up? Did Chirinos get dinged up?

They PH Gunnar for Chirinos. Which was the right call. Yeah you lose the DH but you still had 4 bats on the bench. You didnt need to double switch and remove Ced just because he was the last batter in the lineup and therefor where the pitcher spot was. 

• CantonJester likes this

#151 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:34 PM

Not a fan of DHing a prolific C like Rutschman. Have him learn to play 1B thirty games a year.

#152 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 24 September 2022 - 10:37 PM

Loss is on Hyde.

The bullpen management was atrocious.
  • BSLSteveBirrer likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#153 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 11:15 PM

My goat is Hyde, yanking Baumann after 4 to go to Krehibel.

In fairness, Bauman has pitched something like 10 games this season and has started just one. If Hyde had left him in and he subsequently gave up the lead, then we'd all be saying that he left him in too long.

• JStruds likes this

#154 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,985 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 11:30 PM

This one stings

yeah it does

#155 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,474 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 September 2022 - 11:30 PM

Was Houston’s 100th win. They showed why they’re world class.

#156 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 11:41 PM

I was trying to follow the ninth inning while talking to a friend on the phone (and didn't really do justice to either task), so I'm still a little foggy on that ninth inning at-bat by Tucker. I do remember Palmer saying that Tucker had slider bat speed and couldn't catch up to 100 mph. I'm just wondering if perhaps Adley called for another heater and Bautista shook him off in that situation. He seemed to be falling in love with that split and couldn't do anything but hang it.

Adley may be a rookie, but he seems too baseball-savvy to call for a pitch he knows his pitcher is struggling to command. And in the end, it's ultimately up to the pitcher as to what pitch he'll ultimately throw. Any major league pitcher will tell you that one thing you never do is make a pitch you really don't want to throw.

#157 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 01:03 AM

Just landed in Madrid. Saw the box score. That is not supposed to happen.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#158 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 01:23 AM

Loss is on Hyde.

The bullpen management was atrocious.

I'm not so sure.

Bauman made it twice through a potent lineup that obviously was due to score some runs. From what I saw, Bauman also wasn't throwing a lot of first-pitch strikes, which Lyles, Bradish and Kremer did on successive nights. Hyde went to a well-rested bullpen and Kreibel coughing up the lead obviously threw off the succession of arms. Perez had to come in and put out on the fire in the fifth, which meant a shorter bullpen later on.

Instead of his customary one inning, Tate stayed in and gave up a run, and then we all know what happened with Bautista. It probably wasn't the ideal time for a five-out save, particularly for a guy who recently experienced "arm fatigue," (whatever that means), but the point is, one guy not doing his job put the bullpen on high alert almost from the get-go.

#159 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 06:20 AM

Didn’t see this game, but a few thoughts based on the comments.

Doesn’t Rutschman look in the dugout for the pitch selection?

Also, Hyde can’t return next year. If this team is on the cusp, now’s the time you bring in a veteran manager. Joe Maddon comes to mind. I know he was fired but, Buck was fired, three times, and everyone here loves him. Four times now and landed on another team and having success (Better have success with the 4th highest payroll). The Angels must have much bigger problems than the manager if they can’t win with what will go down as two all-century team players.

Hyde is showing you he isn’t cut out for crunch time. Get someone with experience to lead this inexperienced group.
@BSLMikeRandall

#160 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 06:40 AM

I don't have a big problem with any of the managerial decisions. Didn't think they needed the double switch, but not majorly upset.

Felix blew two saves in a single game (I don't think he can get credited with two though). Stinks, but it happens. He was bad. Other issues beforehand and during, but mostly I think the bullpen gave this one away. Again, sucks, especially the timing and importance, but they've been the best unit on the team all season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=