90 replies to this topic

#21 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 16 November 2022 - 10:04 AM

The injuries though, they’ll say.

This is my problem with Leonsis and Mac. No killer instinct. Happy enough being mediocre but not irrelevant.

This team is brutal to watch. Kinda hate it. Feels like a chore.

Yep, they have been for weeks. But even the players started saying last night, this is the point of the season where it will get away from you if you don't do something. I think it was a subtle hint. It's about the same time they made the move to BB back in the day and began their run.

You could switch now, and get things together and be totally fine. You let them keep sliding like this...well yeah.

It's crazy, the goalies have good numbers (well aside from DK's botch the other night.) The offense has been scoring OK...PP is another issue right now. But the defense....ugh man.

@JeremyMStrain

#22 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2022 - 10:29 AM

What’s Trotz up to these days?

#23 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 11:58 AM

What’s Trotz up to these days?

Haha. He is sitting out there strategically.
@JeremyMStrain

#24 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 November 2022 - 08:35 PM

This sucks - is there any sense at all that they’re even thinking about making a change?

#25 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 11:20 PM

This sucks - is there any sense at all that they’re even thinking about making a change?

A little...but nothing that says oh yeah it's coming. Players are frustrated. Problem is he's a player's coach and they like him.

Gotta ask if you are better with Quennville or Trotz at this point though.

@JeremyMStrain

#26 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 26 November 2022 - 07:32 PM

If you need any more assurance that it’s Lavi and his system and not the goaltenders faults, go look up the goaltender league stats and see where VV and Samsanov are right now with their new teams.

DK is doing an admirable job in the system but I think he’s be top 5 if they brought someone else in.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#27 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 November 2022 - 07:53 PM

Ugh, kinda wish you hadn’t pointed that out. That’s pretty damn irritating.

#28 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 26 November 2022 - 09:52 PM

If it’s gonna bother me it’s gonna bother you too ;)
@JeremyMStrain

#29 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 December 2022 - 10:56 AM

Stick a fork in them. Stayed up for the game last night. Was that not the most predictable 2-0 blown lead ever? Knew it was coming the whole time. It’s sad seeing them get dominated with possession like that. Even if the Kraken are good.

#30 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 11:41 AM

Stick a fork in them. Stayed up for the game last night. Was that not the most predictable 2-0 blown lead ever? Knew it was coming the whole time. It’s sad seeing them get dominated with possession like that. Even if the Kraken are good.

Mnumber of blown leads under Lavi is mind boggling. That defense is so bad.
@JeremyMStrain

#31 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 December 2022 - 11:25 PM

Jeremy’s boy Lindgren was struggling a bit as backup, but he’s had 2 consecutive road starts with Darcy nursing an injury, and he was excellent in both.

#32 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 08 December 2022 - 10:18 PM

Ovechkin is 99 goals away from Gretzky.
  • JeremyStrain likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#33 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 09 December 2022 - 01:42 PM

Jeremy’s boy Lindgren was struggling a bit as backup, but he’s had 2 consecutive road starts with Darcy nursing an injury, and he was excellent in both.

I think he’s a guy like Grubs who needed a chance to be the main workhorse. Doesn’t seem to do great here and there. But last year someone got hurt and he was stellar for a while.

DK doesn’t have bad numbers really if you look at them considering this garbage system. But if you put him back in COL he’s in the running for the Vezina.
@JeremyMStrain

#34 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 09:00 AM

Four in a row, including over one of the hottest teams in the league.

Not that I'm going oh, our problems are solved, cause I know what the root of them is, but we are also the most injured team in the NHL, and as we get players back it should help make a difference.

@JeremyMStrain

#35 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 December 2022 - 09:45 AM

Lindgren has been rock solid but the D has stepped up too. Beat Chicago and then channel that good play lately at home against some good teams coming up. The Jason Robertson show is coming to Cap One this week.

#36 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 09:49 AM

Lindgren has been rock solid but the D has stepped up too. Beat Chicago and then channel that good play lately at home against some good teams coming up. The Jason Robertson show is coming to Cap One this week.

Yeah, it's been interesting to me to see who is in the lineup with them playing this well vs who is out. Orlov coming back last night should be a pick me up. Wilson is getting close too.

This is the big test though I think. If they fall apart again I don't think there's enough time to recover. If they come out of this respectable, maybe they can put up a fight in the first round. I just don't know with his system and soft D if it's going to be good enough in the playoffs, we basically have to hope a goalie catches fire and carries us.

@JeremyMStrain

#37 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 December 2022 - 09:51 AM

Yeah, it's been interesting to me to see who is in the lineup with them playing this well vs who is out. Orlov coming back last night should be a pick me up. Wilson is getting close too.

This is the big test though I think. If they fall apart again I don't think there's enough time to recover. If they come out of this respectable, maybe they can put up a fight in the first round. I just don't know with his system and soft D if it's going to be good enough in the playoffs, we basically have to hope a goalie catches fire and carries us.

I mean yeah, even with this stretch, they’re 10th in the East in points. I just don’t see any kind of run happening and they likely still won’t make the playoffs. Still been a fun stretch to watch.

#38 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 09:57 AM

I mean yeah, even with this stretch, they’re 10th in the East in points. I just don’t see any kind of run happening and they likely still won’t make the playoffs. Still been a fun stretch to watch.

Eh, I think they get in the bottom half down the stretch, and because so much of the team has been hurt, they would be a misleading 7 or 8 seed to see, but a team with a good offense will eat them alive, and the PP has been a mess enough that if they run into a good defensive team they won't be able to capitalize when they need to.

Just frustrating cause I feel like if they fired Lavi a month ago, they could already be on an upswing and have a better shot, and he's just going to get fired at the end of the year if they don't get in or past the 2nd round anyway.

@JeremyMStrain

#39 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 13 December 2022 - 11:13 PM

Ovi. 800. One away from tying Howe.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#40 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 06:24 AM

Team has definitely been playing better since Oshie returned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=