TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:09 PM

610 OPS thru first 54 PA.

Rutschman was 608 thru 97 PA.

Sometimes they hit the ground running (Gunnar). Sometimes it takes a while.

More often it takes awhile but this is why all the drama about not calling him up and playing him and or Vavra more often wasn't warranted.

#24 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:09 PM

More often it takes awhile but this is why all the drama about not calling him up and playing him and or Vavra more often wasn't warranted.

It's warranted when the guy they are replacing (Odor) is even worse than their rookie struggle period.
  • mweb08 likes this

#25 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:10 PM

Let’s go Bradish, adjust and battle for 3 innings.

@mikeghg

#26 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:11 PM

It's warranted when the guy they are replacing (Odor) is even worse than their rookie struggle period.

Is it worse though. 

#27 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:12 PM

He needs time and ABs. DOnt know if we can afford to give it to him in '23. We have to improve some of these spots where we could just go in house. Keeping the status quo with Mountcastle, Hays, and Stowers isnt gonna cut it.,SSS obviously but the K rate is very high and Hyde has protected him against LHP. SO all the Ks are against RHP

He hits better against lefties, at least in the minors.

#28 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:13 PM

He's not even on the desktop wallpaper!

I know!
@BSLMikeRandall

#29 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:14 PM

Is it worse though.

Yes

#30 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

He wears 83 FFS. Gunnar wears 2. A real number. Cause he’s supposed to be here.

I didn’t realize there was someone more negative than NMS…

He’ll get a real number next spring. Yeah he’s not in the same caliber as the best prospect in baseball and may never amount to much but we are far from knowing that. He is a legitimate top 10 prospect in the best system in the sport.

#31 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

I mean Stowers could indeed be a AAAA player. So do you really just hand him a spot in '23. It would be easier if other holes are filled adequately. I remain firm in not wanting to see 3 rookies in the reg lineup to start the year. 

#32 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:15 PM

I’m fine with it but would also bring in a veteran left handed bat as well as making a bid on a SS.

#33 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:16 PM

50 AB’s does not say or prove anything.  Especially when Vavra is playing once a week and Dtowers 2 or 3.  My issue with both is defensively.  I think KS is struggling with the taller MLB stadiums.  When you see an outfielder side saddle a fly ball, it tells me that they are struggling a little to track the ball.

As for Vavra, his mechanics at second base need a lot of work.If he was better there, he would IMO be getting Odor’s games.

@mikeghg

#34 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:18 PM

50 AB’s does not say or prove anything.  Especially when Vavra is playing once a week and Dtowers 2 or 3.  My issue with both is defensively.  I think KS is struggling with the taller MLB stadiums.  When you see an outfielder side saddle a fly ball, it tells me that they are struggling a little to track the ball.

As for Vavra, his mechanics at second base need a lot of work.If he was better there, he would IMO be getting Odor’s games.

Prob something the organization knew and were leery of. Especially Vavra at 2b. THt seems pretty obvious. I think they probablyexpected  Stowers to look smoother in the OF. If the reports on his defense in AAA were accurate.

#35 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:19 PM

That is the stuff Bradish.  Good third, let’s go to work and knock Berrios out.

@mikeghg

#36 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:19 PM

Score more

#37 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:21 PM

610 OPS thru first 54 PA.

Rutschman was 608 thru 97 PA.

Sometimes they hit the ground running (Gunnar). Sometimes it takes a while.

I get it if he was fooled by some major league breaking balls. Or if he saw a change up or two then was behind on fastball in that AB. But he swung and missed at two meatballs and fouled off a fastball on the inner half. They weren’t 100mph heaters either. If you can’t hit one of two plain old regular fastballs, you shouldn’t be here. When armchair quarterbacks say “I could do that” even though they really can’t, in this instance you really could.
@BSLMikeRandall

#38 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:21 PM

This all seemed inevitable. Again the criticism is fine if thats what you want to do. But we are proving that we just werent  good enough this year. And again, its not all about the Os. THey had a very good Aug and made up ground on 1 of the 3 WC teams in front of them. And that was only 1 game I believe. 

#39 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:22 PM

I get it if he was fooled by some major league breaking balls. Or if he saw a change up or two then was behind on fastball in that AB. But he swung and missed at two meatballs and fouled off a fastball on the inner half. They weren’t 100mph heaters either. If you can’t hit one of two plain old regular fastballs, you shouldn’t be here. When armchair quarterbacks say “I could do that” even though they really can’t, in this instance you really could.

Feel your feels in the game thread.

#40 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:22 PM

Prob something the organization knew and were leery of. Especially Stowers at 2b. THt seems pretty obvious. I think they probably Stowers to look smoother in the OF. If the reports on his defense in AAA was accurate.

I agree on Vavra, because when he came up, Hyde and Elias both basically said he would be in the outfield.

I think the third deck is causing KS the problems.I don’t think the scouts saw that in the minors.  That problem will solve itself with time.

Vavra just needs to work his ass off to get the mechanics down.

• BobPhelan likes this
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=