111 replies to this topic

#81 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,770 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:04 PM

Time to exorcise some frustration for the offense. Do something big right now.

#82 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:06 PM

Toronto's lineup is scary.

#83 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,473 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:11 PM

This ump is garbo.

#84 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,473 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:16 PM

Hyde tonight, as he lays his head on the pillow back at the hotel… “At least we didn’t use the bullpen tonight. Moral victory.”

#85 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:22 PM

Hyde tonight, as he lays his head on the pillow back at the hotel… “At least we didn’t use the bullpen tonight. Moral victory.”

Our management tries to win the war not the battle. I guess we have to wait and see if this strategy works. They say 10 years of winning after liftoff is coming.

#86 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,473 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:23 PM

Our management tries to win the war not the battle. I guess we have to wait and see if this strategy works. They say 10 years of winning after liftoff is coming.

World Series Championship or it was a failure.

#87 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:24 PM

Yeah, its brutal. She might be a great person but if that's the best the Orioles can do as far the broadcasting end goes, its pretty sad indeed.

I don't post much on the baseball boards, but I do read to see what the general consensus is.  Much more of a football fan than a baseball fan.  That said, I have heard clips from her doing highlights on WBAL in the mornings.  I have thought to myself, she is horrible as a baseball broadcaster.  It's like I would turn off the game and listen to talk radio if I only had AM.  She is that bad, imo.  

• Hooded Viper likes this

#88 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:25 PM

So mad at Hyde I could spit nails. Horrible management the last several weeks but tonight takes the cake. This was as close to a must win game as it can get without it actually being an elimination game.

Now we have to win two day games in a row. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#89 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:26 PM

I don't post much on the baseball boards, but I do read to see what the general consensus is. Much more of a football fan than a baseball fan. That said, I have heard clips from her doing highlights on WBAL in the mornings. I have thought to myself, she is horrible as a baseball broadcaster. It's like I would turn off the game and listen to talk radio if I only had AM. She is that bad, imo.

She's awful. I've never heard anybody talk like this.
  • Hooded Viper likes this

#90 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,473 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:30 PM

BTW, Gunnar should be batting 3rd, Santander 4th, Mountcastle 5th.
  • BobPhelan and BSLSteveBirrer like this

#91 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:43 PM

yes-thats-all.gif

#92 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,473 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:47 PM

Gunnar is just such a beast. Wtf.

#93 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:47 PM

There's one.

#94 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,770 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:48 PM

I blame Apple TV
  • BSLSteveBirrer and TwentyThirtyFive like this

#95 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:49 PM

Gotta win the next 2 now. Terribly disappointing game all around.

#96 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 11:16 PM

So mad at Hyde I could spit nails. Horrible management the last several weeks but tonight takes the cake. This was as close to a must win game as it can get without it actually being an elimination game.

Now we have to win two day games in a row. 

I can't put all of this on Hyde. He probably shouldn't have let Lyles pitch to Springer, particularly because he was leaving everything up in the strike zone, but the flip side is Toronto was essentially pitching a bullpen game after having played five games in four days and our offense couldn't take advantage. 

I don't know what influenced Hyde's decision in that instance, but I do think he still looks at Lyles as his "innings eater." The truth is, Lyles is a fourth on fifth starter at best on a good team and you're rolling the dice with him in situations such as tonight's.

#97 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,770 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 07:32 AM

I can't put all of this on Hyde. He probably shouldn't have let Lyles pitch to Springer, particularly because he was leaving everything up in the strike zone, but the flip side is Toronto was essentially pitching a bullpen game after having played five games in four days and our offense couldn't take advantage.

I don't know what influenced Hyde's decision in that instance, but I do think he still looks at Lyles as his "innings eater." The truth is, Lyles is a fourth on fifth starter at best on a good team and you're rolling the dice with him in situations such as tonight's.

Certainly can't put it all on Hyde, but he mismanaged the 5th for certain, IMO.

I'd have pulled Lyles after the 2nd hitter reached.

Lyles almost escaped, but the gamble by Hyde but the O's hard. Krehbiel who would've been the likely reliever ended up giving up a bomb of his own the next inning though so can't even say that he'd have been able to escape the 5th.

No argument that the offense continues to s*** the bed in crunch time. 2 runs off of the worst pitchers in the Jays pen in such a crucial game is terrible.

#98 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 08:10 AM

The good thing is the guys that are most likely to be here part of the core for the next few years minimum have all showed up during this push over the last 2 months and in Sept. Rutsch, Gunnar, and Ced. Mateo and Santander both had good Aug but scuffling in Sept. They are the next two who are most likely part of a core year for a few years. Figure out 2b, figure out at least 1 corner OF spot. THings look a lot better if Mountcastle is hitting 7th in the lineup. Or move on from Mountcastle and have Hays 7th or 8th in the lineup regularly. However you want to do it

• You Play to Win the Game and Greg Pappas like this

#99 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 September 2022 - 08:26 AM

I think really good teams go to a different level in late August and September.  It is a level the Orioles do not have at the present time.  Upgrade the rotation, add one more high leverage BP arm, and find the Orioles version of George Springer, preferably a left handed hitter.

The good news is, that it can be an infielder or an outfielder, the pieces are there to fit around him.

Also IMO, it would be a mistake to move on from Mountcastle.  Baseball is tough, guys are going to have down streaks or even down seasons.  IMO, we need to stop crapping on them when that happens.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#100 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 September 2022 - 08:27 AM

Only positives I can come up with for last nights game.  1.  Gunner continues to scream “STAR”.  2.  Baumann looked good last night.

• BobPhelan likes this
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=