Game ending DP. Sweet

#123 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 02 September 2022 - 08:56 PM

Henderson can obviously play the pivot on the double play as well.

• JStruds likes this

#124 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 02 September 2022 - 08:56 PM

Henderson can obviously play the pivot on the double play as well.

I mean he was the number 1 prospect for a reason. If he was only bat he wouldnt have risen that high

#125 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 02 September 2022 - 09:00 PM

I don't care what position Gunnar plays. Play him every day and bring that bat up in the lineup.

#126 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 02 September 2022 - 09:01 PM

Why? Are you saying this season’s results should be the only consideration?

Its September. You cant be figuring out what you have in the middle of a playoff chase. Vavra is especually cold with the bat and I mean its clear we have bettwr defensive options at 2b.

#127 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 02 September 2022 - 09:03 PM

Let me also say this. You see Hyde isnt shy about using Gunnar from the jump. It was the same with Adley. Yes, 100% they are two different breeds. Two overall #1 guys in baseball but it should show you this isnt a bias against young guys. Its because guys like Stowers and Vavra arent as advanced.

#128 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 September 2022 - 09:06 PM

Its September. You cant be figuring out what you have in the middle of a playoff chase. Vavra is especually cold with the bat and I mean its clear we have bettwr defensive options at 2b.

But you can trade contributors, slowplay bringing up talented replacements, give Brett Phillips a little run, give a terrible in his current form Aguilar a little run. But now the playoffs matter, so it isn’t time to develop youth. Got it.

#129 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 02 September 2022 - 09:10 PM

But you can trade contributors, slowplay bringing up talented replacements, give Brett Phillips a little run, give a terrible in his current form Aguilar a little run. But now the playoffs matter, so it isn’t time to develop youth. Got it.

Come on man. You understand that things change. Its clear we are contenders now. You wanna say I told you so about Aug 1st and 2nd thats fine but its in the past. Sept 2 we are now at the high water mark of the season. 9 games over compared to .500 on Aug 1. It changes things. You think Hyde isnt doing his best or for that matter has ever put a lineup out there not trting to win

#130 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 September 2022 - 09:14 PM

A couple of things.   The Orioles are not 100 games out of first, like they were in the last 5 years.  They as unbelievable as it is, are in a playoff race,  Play the best guys you have for that night.

Real honestly if I was writing the lineup, I would not put vavra at second base.  He would be my 4th option.  Double plays are game changers, and Odor, Urias and the kid who threw a seed for the final out are all better.

Stowers will get his chances.  Let Hyde pick his spots.

We are playing great ball.  Enjoy it.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#131 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 September 2022 - 09:24 PM

McKennas sample size is entirely too small to be playing the platoon game with. I mean, the list of OFers he is OPSing .100 points more than against LHP reads like an All-Star team. Juan Soto, Yordan Alvarez, Ronald Acuna, Christian Yelich, George Springer, Cody Bellinger.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#132 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 September 2022 - 09:41 PM

Come on man. You understand that things change. Its clear we are contenders now. You wanna say I told you so about Aug 1st and 2nd thats fine but its in the past. Sept 2 we are now at the high water mark of the season. 9 games over compared to .500 on Aug 1. It changes things. You think Hyde isnt doing his best or for that matter has ever put a lineup out there not trting to win

No they haven’t. That’s where my frustration stems from. They were playing this well for a sustained period before just recently. Back when Elias was calling it an improbability with his words and actions.

#133 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 September 2022 - 09:43 PM

Just to be clear, today was the first game McKenna started since last Saturday.  Mullins DHed that day, so Cedric is basically playing every day.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#134 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 September 2022 - 09:44 PM

Just to be clear, today was the first game McKenna started since last Saturday. Mukkins DHed that day, so Cedric is basically playing every day.

For good reason. Just defending the platoon stuff. Just doesn’t add up for the rest of what’s going on IMO. Very inconsistent if that’s what was or ended up happening with Mullins.

#135 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 02 September 2022 - 09:49 PM

As I said its not only defensible its the correct move. We will see what they do going forward. Maybe McKenna takes ABs away from Aguilar or Mountcastle or Hays which would be ok too. Ced obviously still brings defensive value but to be clear platooning a .555 OPS guy should never really be  scrutinized this hard. \

#136 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 September 2022 - 09:51 PM

Lol, whatever it is, I have a feeling you agree with it.

He’s also a 30/30 guy, just last year. Last year, you know, the reason you want Aguilar to get some run, and thought Brett Phillips was justifiable.

#137 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 02 September 2022 - 09:55 PM

No they haven’t. That’s where my frustration stems from. They were playing this well for a sustained period before just recently. Back when Elias was calling it an improbability with his words and actions.

The bottom line is we were a .500 team on Aug 1 and despite having a terrific month we are still 1.5 back of the last WC spot. I believe we were 2.5 back on Aug 1. So you see why yes it was an improbability. We payed. .650 or so ball for the month and gained 1 game. How bout if we had only played .550 ball for the month. Which still would have been good. 

#138 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 02 September 2022 - 10:02 PM

Lol, whatever it is, I have a feeling you agree with it.

He’s also a 30/30 guy, just last year. Last year, you know, the reason you want Aguilar to get some run, and thought Brett Phillips was justifiable.

Brett Phillips was a 4th OF who I told you was probably gonna be released in two weeks. It was just a move for the last spot on the roster like any other waiver move at any other time in the year. So yeah justifiable to make a basic biitch move for the 25th man on the roster. While you tried to frame it as some big eadline acquisition that was supposed to be something. 

Whatever on the Ced thing. I love Ced. You guys are disrespecting McKenna. But saying  SSS and only 48 ABs is just weak ass sauce. He can only do  what he can do with the ones he gets. Ced is the one with 160 ABs and a .555 OPS . But 30/30 last year???? I mean if we are going the biggest sample size Ced is .641 for his career vs LHP. 69 OPS+. Thats platoonable. Doesnt have to be considering his toolset but when he have someone that can platoon with him then by all means

#139 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 September 2022 - 10:12 PM

The bottom line is we were a .500 team on Aug 1 and despite having a terrific month we are still 1.5 back of the last WC spot. I believe we were 2.5 back on Aug 1. So you see why yes it was an improbability. We payed. .650 or so ball for the month and gained 1 game. How bout if we had only played .550 ball for the month. Which still would have been good.

Can’t have it both ways dude. Sorry.

#140 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 02 September 2022 - 10:16 PM

Can’t have it both ways dude. Sorry.

Both ways how. We played .650 ball and gained 1 game. Saying it was improbable was right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=