#41 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 09 September 2022 - 05:39 PM

Are we getting a Lock of the Week. I still believe in you.

Tennessee -6.5

*college not NFL
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#42 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 11:33 AM

Stanley is ruled out for tomorrow. Not a big surprise. Hope he's back for week 3 so he's tuned up a little bit for the Bills.

Curious if James starts or if they do something weird, like move Moses or even Mekari. I don't think you do Moses or else you have to change two positions when Stanley comes back. Probably will be James.

#43 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 September 2022 - 02:01 PM

Stanley is ruled out for tomorrow. Not a big surprise. Hope he's back for week 3 so he's tuned up a little bit for the Bills.

Curious if James starts or if they do something weird, like move Moses or even Mekari. I don't think you do Moses or else you have to change two positions when Stanley comes back. Probably will be James.

I think it will be James.  He worked there in the preseason games and was there at the practices I attended.  Harbs basically said it was going to be James.

@mikeghg

#44 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 08:08 PM

I think it will be James. He worked there in the preseason games and was there at the practices I attended. Harbs basically said it was going to be James.

James will probably start. If he looks horrible, I'd imagine we see Mekari out there instead.

#45 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 September 2022 - 07:36 AM

Week 1 is finally upon us. I'm thinking Ravens 27-13. We'll set the tone early with a good opening drive but more importantly, we're going to win the turnover battle today. Fingers crossed that I'm some kind of Nostradamus.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#46 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 11 September 2022 - 09:25 AM

Curious to see if NYJ try to come early and often with heavy pressure ala Miami last season. And, if so, how the team handles it.

#47 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 09:35 AM

I don't see a blowout here, but the Ravens will prevail simply because they're not the Jets. This is a franchise that would have a hard time running a two-car funeral, and whose best quarterback in team history is now hawking social security benefits.

If the Ravens lose today, they should just quit and go home.

#48 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 09:53 AM

Interested to see what Roman and MacDonald have cooked up. Its the storyline of this game.

#49 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 09:59 AM

I don't see a blowout here, but the Ravens will prevail simply because they're not the Jets. This is a franchise that would have a hard time running a two-car funeral, and whose best quarterback in team history is now hawking social security benefits.

If the Ravens lose today, they should just quit and go home.

It's still a road game in the NFL, but generally I agree with this. The Jets must be assumed to be a disaster until they are not.

#50 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 September 2022 - 10:00 AM

Interested to see what Roman and MacDonald have cooked up. Its the storyline of this game.

Agreed, particularly with Macdonald. We know what to expect from Roman but I'm intrigued to see how Macdonald generates pressure (especially given the lack of depth at OLB/edge) and how he moves pieces around in the secondary. Especially since the Jets will probably use some 2 TE looks.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#51 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 September 2022 - 10:02 AM

Also, weather is going to be a factor today, as it appears it will likely be raining for the duration of the game.
@primetime667083

#52 MirzetSalihovic

MirzetSalihovic

All-Star

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 10:24 AM

Feels like last season. No JK, no Gus, no Stanley, maybe no Peters. Hate this lol

#53 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 10:36 AM

Balt Sun: Previewing Ravens vs. Jets: 13 things to watch, including Joe Flacco, Rashod Bateman and defensive help

#54 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 11 September 2022 - 10:40 AM

Feels like last season. No JK, no Gus, no Stanley, maybe no Peters. Hate this lol

As far as JK and Peters go, probably being extra cautious with the crappy weather. Gotta play the long game.
@primetime667083

#55 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 10:40 AM

Peters was apparently running stairs at the stadium for over 30 minutes, he’s been practicing for several weeks, I’m surprised he’s not healthy enough to be active. Edit yeah maybe the weather is a factor.

Boyle, Dobbins, Stanley, Jones, Faalele also inactive. Boyle wasn’t on the injury report so that’s odd.

#56 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 September 2022 - 10:49 AM

As far as JK and Peters go, probably being extra cautious with the crappy weather. Gotta play the long game.

If they take this too lightly and start 0-1, how does that help the long game?

#57 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 10:52 AM

I have a bad feeling about this game.

Lots of injuries. Bad weather. Lots of guys hurt from last season who are *STILL* not playing. Flacco revenge game.

All it will take is a couple of deep connections to Garrett Wilson or Elijah Moore and they could be down in a hurry.

All the ingredients of an upset. I hope they make a statement early.

#58 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 11:01 AM

I have a bad feeling about this game.

Lots of injuries. Bad weather. Lots of guys hurt from last season who are *STILL* not playing. Flacco revenge game.

All it will take is a couple of deep connections to Garrett Wilson or Elijah Moore and they could be down in a hurry.

All the ingredients of an upset. I hope they make a statement early.

That and general rust might keep this game closer than most people are expecting... but the Ravens would have to cough the ball up numerous times to lose imo. 

Won't surprise me if it's a game entering the 4th, but the Ravens should be able to pull away.

#59 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 11:01 AM

Curious to see if NYJ try to come early and often with heavy pressure ala Miami last season. And, if so, how the team handles it.

If they do. And find the same level of success, while Roman flounders about, losing another game against it. He should 100% be fired after this week. That would be 100%, inexcusable. He's got to know teams are going to come out and hit him with that again. If he doesn't have multiple ways of attacking it after a full offseason to plan against it, he should be gone.

#60 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 11:04 AM

That and general rust might keep this game closer than most people are expecting... but the Ravens would have to cough the ball up numerous times to lose imo.

Won't surprise me if it's a game entering the 4th, but the Ravens should be able to pull away.

Multiple turnovers a game were Jackson's M.O. last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=