• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 10:11 AM

ESPN's Matchup Predictor gives the Ravens a 73.5% chance of winning. 

Ravens likely to be facing Flacco.

BSL: Hello, Old Friend

BSL: Ravens Talk Across The Interwebs: September 6th

BSL: Next Game Up: Baltimore Ravens at New York Jets

The Bank: Previewing Week 1 Vs. The New York Jets

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 August 2022 - 10:24 AM

They’ll be incredibly rusty on offense, I have no idea what to expect.

#3 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 28 August 2022 - 10:27 AM

No excuse not to win. The Jets stink. Actually glad we open with them and Miami. Two very winnable games.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#4 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 10:29 AM

Like. Losing to Flacco Week 1 is unimaginable.

@bopper33

#5 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 11:01 AM

They’ll be incredibly rusty on offense, I have no idea what to expect.

41-7 Ravens. They don’t mess around in these no frills season openers against garbage teams. They ended their season 0-5. Went 1-5 in the division. They’ll be looking to make a statement. Plus the defense with a new DC should do some things not on film yet.
@BSLMikeRandall

#6 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 11:26 AM

My God if we don’t sack Flacco 5 times…

@bopper33

#7 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 11:35 AM

They have some really good young talent on both sides of the football. Breece Hall and Carter both have a lot of talent. And Moore and Wilson are two really good young WR's with a ton of potential. And on defense they have Quennen Williams, Solomon Thomas, Jermaine Johnson, Mosley, Joyner, and Gardner.

They have Flacco starting behind an average at best line. And a lot of their talent is still very unseasoned. So I think the Ravens should win by double digits. But I don't think the Jets are THAT bad. They have the young talent that could give you headaches. And it depends on what Flacco shows up.

With that said, I'll say 38-24 Ravens. They give up a late garbage time TD.

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 11:53 AM

They have some really good young talent on both sides of the football. Breece Hall and Carter both have a lot of talent. And Moore and Wilson are two really good young WR's with a ton of potential. And on defense they have Quennen Williams, Solomon Thomas, Jermaine Johnson, Mosley, Joyner, and Gardner.

They have Flacco starting behind an average at best line. And a lot of their talent is still very unseasoned. So I think the Ravens should win by double digits. But I don't think the Jets are THAT bad. They have the young talent that could give you headaches. And it depends on what Flacco shows up.

There is just one Flacco these days

#9 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 12:14 PM

Flacco playing right now on NFL Network in case we have any advance scouts here lol.

@bopper33

#10 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 12:24 PM

My prediction also includes a garbage time TD. :)

Joe hasn’t been “that guy” since he’s been here. I think I know which Flacco is showing up in 2 weeks. Jets can have all the talent, they year in and year out fail across the board.
@BSLMikeRandall

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 August 2022 - 12:39 PM

Like. Losing to Flacco Week 1 is unimaginable.

I would not be surprised to see us get January Joe, but I think if we play clean, we will win.

I think the jets are better and they will be sky high for OD in NY on 911, but the Ravens are better, and they will be ready.

@mikeghg

#12 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 August 2022 - 12:47 PM

Will they be? (Ready)

I love we’re going in with our stars healthy. Take that over last year all day. But the other side of that equation is most of them got no work. And are they even using pads in practice yet? Regardless practice isn’t the same as playing. I’m just preparing myself for a sluggish start. But again, I’ll take it. The upside of this team when healthy is unlimited.

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 01:01 PM

Joe played all of one game once last year, and was good. 
He had 4 starts in '20, with one big game. 

He's 37 years old.
He's at the end of his career.
He figures to take some hits in the pocket (even with the Ravens pass rush not figuring to be great in Week 1). 

But, it wouldn't be surprising to me that if in Week 1 (when he figures to physically be at whatever his current best is), he has a solid game. 

You aren't going to surprise him with anything coverage wise. 
He knows this is the last time he's going to start vs Baltimore. Motivation won't be a problem. 
If he can avoid multiple turnovers, and convert some 3rd downs, the Jets might hang around longer than we'd like. 

If the Ravens can put the Jets away before the 4th, that would be a good day. 

If the Ravens can get to midseason in good health, that's when I think they can really take off. 
The guys back from injury feeling their way for first couple of months... the existing injured hopefully back and ready to go at that point.

#14 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 01:01 PM

Will they be? (Ready)

I love we’re going in with our stars healthy. Take that over last year all day. But the other side of that equation is most of them got no work. And are they even using pads in practice yet? Regardless practice isn’t the same as playing. I’m just preparing myself for a sluggish start. But again, I’ll take it. The upside of this team when healthy is unlimited.

Fair question, but I trust that Harbaugh will have them ready. We always come out of the gate hot

#15 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 01:02 PM

Fair question, but I trust that Harbaugh will have them ready. We always come out of the gate hot

When is the last time we lost an opener because off the top of my head I cant think of it

#16 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 01:05 PM

When is the last time we lost an opener because off the top of my head I cant think of it

Oops Vegas last year. Still very good record in openers under Harbaugh

#17 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 04:25 PM

Oops Oak last year. Still very good record in openers under Harbaugh

Yeah. I think they were full of themselves coming into last year. Lamar was wearing gold cleats. Monday night football in Vegas. Heads not in the right place then losing Stanley right off the bat was a punch in the gut. Boneheaded Martindale defense on the last drive of regulation and OT. Plus the injury situation coming in.

I think that one, and two Denver openers were losses. Other than that, they come out hot. and for whatever reason put up a blowout half the time.
@BSLMikeRandall

#18 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 05:28 PM

Harbaugh always had a tougher training camp, and played his starters more than average in the preseason, prior to this season. I think those things helped then come in to the regular season ready to roll. The downside being, what happened last season.

I think we win pretty comfortably. But I wouldn't be shocked to see it take a couple quarters before we start to pull away. A lot of key players haven't seen a single snap of live football since last season. And I'm not expecting prime Flacco. But I wouldn't be shocked to see him play a good game against us. This is probably a big game for him. And big games were always when Flacco was at his best.

#19 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 29 August 2022 - 07:22 AM

My fear is we give Flacco such a hard time the Jets put White in and his scrambling gets them in the game. They game plan for a pocket passer and then get a guy running around making plays.

#20 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 29 August 2022 - 07:52 PM

They didn't get Lamar Jackson any snaps in the pre-season.  I think that was an over-reaction to last years injuries.  I think he should have gotten a few series or maybe a half in the 2nd game to kick off some of the rust.  That's what KC did with Maholmes and Buffalo did with Allen.   

I do think their will be some rust, and the Jets aren't at the same bottom of the barrel level they have been.  The Jets have had  years of below .500 finishes to give them decent draft position.  Like the Orioles in baseball, they should have assembled some talent to make them a little better of a team.  A lot of pundits list them as a dark horse wild card candidate in the AFC.

I don't think all of that adds up to the Jets winning, but I do think it will be a tighter game than most people expect.  Ravens 26  Jets 19.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=