• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,980 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 02:18 PM

They weren't good last year and we can see their rosters this year.  Boston is clearly worse (5 games), the Tigers are a mess (7 games), the As are the worst team in the AL (4 games), the Nationals are the worst team in the NL (2 games), the Royals are clearly a 2nd Division team (3 games). 

The Rangers (3 games) could be a surprisingly better team (lot of 1-run games last year) that has improved their roster.....but we probably miss deGrom  The WhiteSox (3 games) are routinely over-rated because everyone wants to give them rebuilding credit.

Only the Yankees (3 games) are perceived as a good team entering the season....of opponents we play through 4 May.

May has the Braves (3), Rays (3), Angels (4), BlueJays (3), Yankees(3), and Guardians (3).  Only the Rangers again for 3 and real break is against the Pirates (3) are against non-playoff contenders.

I'm not sure about why you'd choose a general attack on that comment. 

From a purely schedule perspective, do you not think May >>> April?.  

I don't disagree with you at all that the early schedule looks good... because there is a starting point in-terms of expectations. 

#22 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,673 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 29 March 2023 - 02:28 PM

I don't disagree with you at all that the early schedule looks good... because there is a starting point in-terms of expectations. 

Great, so we agree...so I still don't understand the pushback.

You have to play every game.  You can't take any game for granted and the success of the 2012-2016 teams was largely that they showed up and played hard every night.  I put a lot of that (Attitude, Chemistry) at the feet of Buck and AJ.  You have people that still mock that, but finding the dynamics that allow you to never rest and play with expectations is a big part of every/any team success (not just the Orioles).

They could suck in April and still go kick ass in May against 'better' competition. 

The teams they play in April were the Orioles in recent years where the other teams are looking to clean up against us and an (intentionally) undermanned roster.  If we're going to make any noise in 2023, we need to be the hunter and go play that way, every night, even in May.

Orioles would seem to have a great opportunity to build that momentum and energy for a good season in April. 

#23 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 31 March 2023 - 10:25 PM

I'm kicking around the idea of catching the O's out in SF early June (they have the first weekend series). 

Is there any type of organized effort to look into packages?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=