HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,864 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 21 August 2022 - 09:35 PM

Can't command the splitter.

You were saying???
I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#102 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 09:36 PM

Sweet!

#103 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Win column!

LbPaqCH.jpg

#104 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,864 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Ball game baby!!!! Ain’t the soda cold?!??
I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#105 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 21 August 2022 - 09:37 PM

We needed that W. Day off tomorrow, then back to the grind.

#106 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,864 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 21 August 2022 - 09:37 PM

Win column!

LbPaqCH.jpg

Love this!!!!!
@therealjfisher

#107 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 09:38 PM

Huge win!

#108 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 August 2022 - 09:38 PM

This team will not be losing 100 games this year.

#109 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 August 2022 - 09:41 PM

In front of the great Buster Olney the Orioles win #63.  That has some significance.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#110 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 10:55 PM

In front of the great Buster Olney the Orioles win #63. That has some significance.

That broadcast was awesome. The love we got was a well deserved tribute to what this team has done this season. Kudos to ESPN all week long.

#111 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 10:56 PM

Dean Kremer is putting together some good starts. That's going to be needed down the stretch.

Now we need to switch gears and pull for the Red Sox to get a few wins against Toronto.

#112 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 21 August 2022 - 11:00 PM

In front of the great Buster Olney the Orioles win #63.  That has some significance.

I thought I heard Olney own up to his words earlier in the year during the broadcast.  It was pretty glorious.

#113 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 01:04 AM

Btw nothing against Stowers. There is an adjustment period. Its why people shouldnt be claiming essentially an addition of Phillips instead of Stowers was the wrong move or a mistake. Any vet over a freshly debuting rookie in a pennant race cant be criticized so harshly. At least not if the focus is on winning now. If anything you can argue that the ABs Stowers and Henderson and any other green rookie get this year could help them hit the ground running next year. Prob not doing much to help make a playoff push this year

I disagree. "Easily replaceable" is now "there is an adjustment period"? No. Can't have both.

I'm not even going to harp on Stowers golden sombrero. His minors numbers suggest Ks are not going to be a surprise, but that he should also have been here already for his offensive production. Just hope these kind of games are very very rare. But it can't be "any vet". Mancini is far more valuable than Phillips, and there was room on the roster for Mancini and Stowers. Get the young guy his reps without sending away your 2-3 hitter in a playoff race.

Speaking of playoff push, you gotta field the best team you can, and if that is promoting your youngsters, you do it. Odor is below replacement level. -0.5 WAR. Gunnar/Westburg should have been here a while ago. I guess they are waiting for that 45 day window now. But you replace guys below replacement level if you're trying to win. Every day Odor plays once that 45 day window is past, is a day Elias isn't trying to dress his best 26 guys.

If Gunnar posts a 0.5 WAR in the final month, and Odor sits with -0.5 WAR at the point he's replaced by Gunnar, theoretically, that helps in the playoff push. 

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=