#21 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 August 2022 - 08:28 AM

And the new talk show hero is   Shemar Bridges.   

He showed up in a big way.  The kid from Fort Valley did well.

@mikeghg

#22 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 August 2022 - 08:30 AM

Likely with a smooth 4 for 44 - but missed the game, I take it he looked the part?

Yea, except he got caught holding on the edge twice.  He had a very nice contested catch and he juked some guys out of their shoes on another.

The guy feels like a wide receiver as much as a TE.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 08:34 AM

Balt Sun: Five things we learned from the Ravens’ 23-10 preseason win over the Tennessee Titans

#24 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 08:37 AM

PressBox: Five Takeaways From The Ravens-Titans Preseason Game

https://pressboxonli...preseason-game/

#25 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 August 2022 - 09:32 AM

Shemar Bridges size, gives him a decent shot at making the team, but the guys that excel at special teams will go to the front of the line.

@mikeghg

#26 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 12 August 2022 - 09:51 AM

For some reason, I couldn't get on the board last night but the things I was able to see on my initial watch that I liked were as follows:

1) Stephen Means....with a need at OLB/edge, at least initially, Means played with a high motor and was in the backfield a lot.

2) Kyle Hamilton....even though he missed a tackle on the TD run, Hamilton can cover a lot of ground. He glides to the football with ease. As he gains experience, he's going to be a stud.

3) Isiah Likely....he has to work on his blocking technique but his ability to go get the football is going to be a huge key to what we do offensively this year. Having another pass catching threat at TE is going to open up the offense and clear some space for Andrews. 

I have to give it a more detailed watch for offensive line play but from what I was able to see, we looked pretty vanilla with our blocking schemes, which is to be expected in the post season. Faalele looks like he has some dog in him but needs work. Getting James some live bullets in the left side is a start. Even though he appeared to have some issues, he has time to work and hopefully can be a viable option if Stanley is delayed or not able to go.

• Mike B likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#27 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 10:08 AM

Yea, except he got caught holding on the edge twice.  He had a very nice contested catch and he juked some guys out of their shoes on another.

The guy feels like a wide receiver as much as a TE.

I liked how Rod Woodson discussed how to properly hold in the NFL.

#28 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 August 2022 - 12:24 PM

I liked how Rod Woodson discussed how to properly hold in the NFL.

He had his moments good and bad.  He seemed to half tell stories.

@mikeghg

#29 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 August 2022 - 12:28 PM

For some reason, I couldn't get on the board last night but the things I was able to see on my initial watch that I liked were as follows:

1) Stephen Means....with a need at OLB/edge, at least initially, Means played with a high motor and was in the backfield a lot.

2) Kyle Hamilton....even though he missed a tackle on the TD run, Hamilton can cover a lot of ground. He glides to the football with ease. As he gains experience, he's going to be a stud.

3) Isiah Likely....he has to work on his blocking technique but his ability to go get the football is going to be a huge key to what we do offensively this year. Having another pass catching threat at TE is going to open up the offense and clear some space for Andrews. 

I have to give it a more detailed watch for offensive line play but from what I was able to see, we looked pretty vanilla with our blocking schemes, which is to be expected in the post season. Faalele looks like he has some dog in him but needs work. Getting James some live bullets in the left side is a start. Even though he appeared to have some issues, he has time to work and hopefully can be a viable option if Stanley is delayed or not able to go.

Good points.  Regarding James, he looks far more athletic at LT than AV did last year.  

Likely may create a lot of mismatches this year.  

Hamilton seemed to relax more after he got a few hits.

@mikeghg

#30 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 06:19 PM

Likely was the cog that was missing last season for Roman's power scheme. He's a mismatch, and if he can clean up his blocking, he could be a difference maker. I'm not expecting him to go out and have 500+ yards and 10+ TD's or anything. But I have a feeling he's going to make a few big, game changing type plays throughout the season.

With Hamilton, I think we need to remember he hasn't played in an organized football game in almost a full year. I think he got a little over-anxious on a couple plays, and the adrenaline got the better of him. Once he gets back into the flow, and starts playing under control, he's going to be a star. He reminds me so much of Ed Reed the way he flows around the field. Reed got knocked for "being too slow" coming out too.

As far as edge play goes, in preseason, it's tough. Guys can only play against what's in front of them. And honestly, the difference between another teams starting tackles, and their back-ups, tend to be pretty significant. So while Means showed up and looked good. I can't imagine he'd find the same level of success against NFL starters.

Same thing for the defensive line. Hard to get a read for exactly how good someone is. But Jones sure looked explosive, and fast, for his size. Running down Malik Willis isn't an easy task for someone over 300 lbs.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#31 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 06:44 PM

Likely definitely lived up to the training camp hype. Looking forward to seeing how they get him involved in the regular season. I'm sure at least one of the big UDFA WRs will make the team as the fifth receiver, and Bridges certainly made his case last night. Jeff Z said he's been one of the more consistent UDFA WRs in camp too.

#32 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 08:09 PM

Likely definitely lived up to the training camp hype. Looking forward to seeing how they get him involved in the regular season. I'm sure at least one of the big UDFA WRs will make the team as the fifth receiver, and Bridges certainly made his case last night. Jeff Z said he's been one of the more consistent UDFA WRs in camp too.

Being 6'4" in a WR room that averages like 5'11" will definitely help his chances.

#33 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 12:28 PM

At the expense of giving up my man card. There may have been a slight trickle from my eyes when Davis gave the TD football to the little girl in the stands.  :grin:

• Mike B and JStruds like this

#34 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 21 August 2022 - 07:04 PM

Preseason football is painful. It's even tougher to try to watch when the O's are on at the same time and in a pennant race.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#35 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,630 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 August 2022 - 07:26 PM

Likely is a playmaker.

• PrimeTime and cprenegade like this
@mikeghg

#36 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 07:44 PM

Agree.  I know it's only pre-season, but Likely looks like he was a huge steal in the draft.  

#37 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 08:01 PM

Im glad to see no one gives two craps about this game

#38 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 21 August 2022 - 08:10 PM

So Will Likely huh

#39 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 08:10 PM

It's Sunday night.  Always finish off my weekend before another work week with Sunday night football.  This is pre-season.  I'm shaking off the rust getting ready for the season.  I almost dropped a beer on the way from the fridge to my seat.  That can't happen once it counts!

#40 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 08:13 PM

Wow Likely! Now get him the F out of the game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=