#41 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

Artest needs to be working on his jump shot.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#42 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

ESPN: LeBron: It's all about Heat

http://espn.go.com/n...ree-agency-talk

Multiple NBA executives told ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst that they believed the Lakers could be in the running to pursue James, and could potentially have the salary-cap space to offer James a maximum deal should Kobe Bryant follow through with his plans to retire when his contract ends after two more seasons.

@levineps

#43 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Two years away....much can change. He can take his talents anywhere.
@mikeghg

#44 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Two years away....much can change. He can take his talents anywhere.

Agreed, still that would be quite the story if he ended in LA.
@levineps

#45 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

The fact that this is being talked about now seems absurd. But that's the media for you.

#46 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

The fact that this is being talked about now seems absurd. But that's the media for you.

Agreed...and the fact that he has already had to answer questions about it is really unfair to him.

Bottom line is he will definitely opt out after 2014, so every team could be after him.

#47 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

The fact that the NBA has about 8 guys that people actually care about seems to be a big problem to me.

And these same guys seem off limits to all but 5 or 6 teams.
@mikeghg

#48 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

Agreed...and the fact that he has already had to answer questions about it is really unfair to him.

Bottom line is he will definitely opt out after 2014, so every team could be after him.

He'll stay in Miami or go back to Cleveland if Cleveland is showing any signs of being an elite team with Lebron added...

His legacy would really take a hit if he becomes a nomad and goes to his 3rd team being the caliber of player that he is.

It's one thing to leave via free agency like he did but if he keeps jumping around, it will definitely dampen him when looking back on his career.
@PeterDiLutis

#49 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

He'll stay in Miami or go back to Cleveland if Cleveland is showing any signs of being an elite team with Lebron added...

His legacy would really take a hit if he becomes a nomad and goes to his 3rd team being the caliber of player that he is.

It's one thing to leave via free agency like he did but if he keeps jumping around, it will definitely dampen him when looking back on his career.

Ehh, I doubt it.

His legacy may have taken a hit when he went to Miami but if he wins there and decides to go elsewhere, no one will care. Many great athletes have played for several teams.

#50 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

Ehh, I doubt it.

His legacy may have taken a hit when he went to Miami but if he wins there and decides to go elsewhere, no one will care. Many great athletes have played for several teams.

Yeah, great athletes (like Shaq). Not a top 2 player (arguably) in history.
@PeterDiLutis

#51 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Yeah, great athletes (like Shaq). Not a top 2 player (arguably) in history.

Ehh, doesn't matter.

If he wins a few titles in Miami and leaves, it won't hurt him at all.

#52 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

You honestly think he wants to go back to Cleveland at this point? Playing on a third team in 10+ years isn't gonna kill his legacy, bad play will.
@levineps

#53 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

You honestly think he wants to go back to Cleveland at this point? Playing on a third team in 10+ years isn't gonna kill his legacy, bad play will.

You never now. I don't think he's going to leave Miami, but the only thing that could potentially cause him to leave would be Cleveland welcoming him back and having a legit team by then...

And I disagree with you and SG about switching teams not affecting his legacy.
@PeterDiLutis

#54 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

He'll leave if Wade's play starts to slip and/or Wade and/or Bosh decide to leave. He has an opt out the following year too so he can stick it out for an extra year and then leave. If the Heat win the title in 2014, I highly doubt he leaves the next year.

#55 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

You never now. I don't think he's going to leave Miami, but the only thing that could potentially cause him to leave would be Cleveland welcoming him back and having a legit team by then...

His legacy was effected when he left Cle for Miami, having to join the other 2.

But it won't be effected waving Miami for somewhere else unless he is only able to win the one title and has lost to LA in the finals a few times. Then it will hurt him.

#56 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

His legacy was effected when he left Cle for Miami, having to join the other 2.

But it won't be effected waving Miami for somewhere else unless he is only able to win the one title and has lost to LA in the finals a few times. Then it will hurt him.

It shouldn't have been, though. But the same people who made a big deal out of that will likely make a big deal of him leaving Miami for another team. Of course it depends on the circumstances, though.

#57 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

If he goes back to Cleveland, I'll be the first person to give you credit like I did with our Davey Johnson disagreement. He's the most hated person in Cleveland now though with Art Modell's passing.

If he plays in 10 cities sure, but if he wins wherever he goes, I don't think it will matter so much.
@levineps

#58 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

If he goes back to Cleveland, I'll be the first person to give you credit like I did with our Davey Johnson disagreement. He's the most hated person in Cleveland now though with Art Modell's passing.

If he plays in 10 cities sure, but if he wins wherever he goes, I don't think it will matter so much.

Any other players come to mind that were in the top 3 at their sport who played for more than 2 teams?
@PeterDiLutis

#59 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Any other players come to mind that were in the top 3 at their sport who played for more than 2 teams?

Wayne Gretzky for starters. Babe Ruth played for three different teams. I'm kind of curious who your top three in every major sports are.

It's kind of a tough argument because in the free agency era, players move around a lot more. Pre-Curt Flood, players had no choice. Who knows if DiMaggio and Mantle, would've spent their whole career in pinstripes if there had been free agency, let alone a draft back then. And I don't think it's just that, I think players(and owners) are a lot less loyal than they were 20-30 years ago. We've had these conversations on here before about that. It's really just a reflection of our society in general, the days of people stay at one company for 30+ years and retiring with that one company are largely over. People have way more jobs nowadays.

Is Larry Brown a bad coach, since he's moved around so much? :lol:
@levineps

#60 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

Top 3 ever? Well that's pretty lofty, but some guys that are among the all-time greats:

Gretzky, Wilt, Ruth, Cy Young, Roger Clemens, ARod, Maddux, Pedro, Randy Johnson, Jerry Rice, Favre, Deion, Reggie White, Ron Woodson, Ronnie Lott.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=