467 replies to this topic

#461 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 February 2023 - 06:02 PM

Didn't Dude say, in one of these Angelos v. Angelos discussions, that the suit was all a show? 

I know nothing has been made public, but dropping the suit is inline with his beliefs on the subject 

Seems like putting all the family's tawdry matters out there for public consumption would be an extreme approach to window dressing. But I guess you can't put anything past them.

• weird-O likes this

#462 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 06:53 PM

Seems like putting all the family's tawdry matters out there for public consumption would be an extreme approach to window dressing. But I guess you can't put anything past them.

Wasn’t one of the allegations that Georgia and John stole $60M from Peter? You’d need a good reason to let someone say that about you just for show.

#463 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 February 2023 - 07:51 PM

Wasn’t one of the allegations that Georgia and John stole $60M from Peter? You’d need a good reason to let someone say that about you just for show.

$65M to be exact. And getting into the specifics of Peter's condition. Seems like they went out of their way to keep that private up until the suit.

#464 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,367 posts

Posted 07 February 2023 - 01:30 AM

I’d have no idea who Peter Angelos was if not for owning the O’s. Whether he likes it or not, that’s his legacy, clearly.

That's why wealthy people want to own professional sports teams. "I'm rich, but nobody knows me."

#465 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 10 February 2023 - 04:06 PM

Apologies.  Travelling this week and have read a little but just getting around to responding.

I think you're missing the point of all of this.  If I'm wrong, fine, but think about the end product (ie what we think we know or perceptions or the things that have been shared/exposed).

All of this serves it's purpose.

#466 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 04:26 PM

Everytime I see a new reply to this thread I'm hoping to see that they've announced the team is for sale.
  • SonicAttack likes this

#467 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 04:52 PM

Everytime I see a new reply to this thread I'm hoping to see that they've announced the team is for sale.

That's one of the things I hope to see. The other is a bit darker.

• fishteacher likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#468 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 05:19 PM

That's one of the things I hope to see. The other is a bit darker.

The darker should lead to the other; so it wouldn't be that bad.
  • fishteacher likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=