33 replies to this topic

#21 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 03 June 2022 - 08:58 PM

Another rough night at the plate for Adley.

#22 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 03 June 2022 - 09:10 PM

So while the Orioles gave up 14 hits, what was the "expected hit total" for Cleveland?

#23 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 03 June 2022 - 09:13 PM

Another rough night at the plate for Adley.

He is a catcher breaking into the majors. Im sure he and the Os want him focused more on his defensive duties. The offense will come though its unlikely  to be what many dreamed. 

#24 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 03 June 2022 - 09:56 PM

I’m selling on this team contending any time soon. It ain’t happening.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#25 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 06:16 AM

He is a catcher breaking into the majors. Im sure he and the Os want him focused more on his defensive duties. The offense will come though its unlikely  to be what many dreamed. 

Some of you might not be old enough but when Cal Ripken started the season in 1982 as a full time rookie, he was dreadful at the plate, entering the first part of May not even hitting .150. Eventually he figured it out and the rest was history. If the kid has as much talent as they say he does, he'll come around.
  • Mike B likes this

#26 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 June 2022 - 11:44 AM

Black uniforms last night, orange tonight. Guess they’re going with something different this year?

Wearing their orange jerseys all weekend as part of a gun violence awareness initiative. Saw a bunch of teams change their pictures on Twitter to orange.
  • You Play to Win the Game and Mike B like this

#27 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 June 2022 - 11:51 AM

I love the orange uniforms, make it permanent. Or dominant. I like the whites too. I’d like to see more of a balance between the 3.
  • BSLChrisStoner and Hooded Viper like this

#28 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 04 June 2022 - 01:34 PM

Orange tops my fav too. But keep to once a week. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#29 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 05:15 PM

I still mourn the players not showing their stir up socks. To me, it looks like they're wearing dress slacks.

#30 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 11:28 PM

Wearing their orange jerseys all weekend as part of a gun violence awareness initiative. Saw a bunch of teams change their pictures on Twitter to orange.

Thankfully we don’t have a governor who would punish the Orioles for speaking out against gun violence.
  • BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game and Mike B like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#31 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 08:35 AM

Wearing an orange jersey and changing your Twitter picture will make a huge difference.

#32 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 08:40 AM

Wearing an orange jersey and changing your Twitter picture will make a huge difference.

It's not intended to be what what directly makes a difference.  70% of the public is aligned on the changes they'd like to see. But those prospective changes aren't even voted on... because... reasons.   So you have things like this to try and put pressure on those with the ability to actually make changes.  

#33 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 09:16 AM

Not to get too political, but more restrictions on law abiding gun owners isn't the solution to the problem. When you're looking at these mass shooters, generally there's a high percentage dealing with some underlying mental health issue.

I don't work in Baltimore City, but as a law enforcement officer in the state of Maryland... I and those I work with deal with opioid OD/death way more often than we deal with any sort of gun violence yet drug dealers are often given a slap on the hand by the judicial system time and time again.

#34 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 09:27 AM

Not to get too political, but more restrictions on law abiding gun owners isn't the solution to the problem. When you're looking at these mass shooters, generally there's a high percentage dealing with some underlying mental health issue.

I don't work in Baltimore City, but as a law enforcement officer in the state of Maryland... I and those I work with deal with opioid OD/death way more often than we deal with any sort of gun violence yet drug dealers are often given a slap on the hand by the judicial system time and time again.

There are lots of things that need to be done (and that certainly includes mental health).  There is a lot the majority of public agrees on, and plenty which the public is divided on. 

Doing nothing is not an answer. 
Needs to be action on where this is general public agreement... and then the remainder is what elections are for. 

• BaltBird 24 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=