Posted 27 May 2022 - 09:49 AM

Orioles.com: Mancini on Orioles' 'culture shift' and future with Baltimore

#2 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 10:13 AM

"They have been throwing with conviction. They are not scared. They are not timid."

This is huge. It will permeate the entire roster. So much of success is your mindset.

@MikeFastNFL

#3 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 10:18 AM

"They have been throwing with conviction. They are not scared. They are not timid."

This is huge. It will permeate the entire roster. So much of success is your mindset.

They still stink, they cant field, and they have committed a lot of errors.

Sorry, get tired of hearing talks about how things are better and we are changing the tide, but its just words, until we see it on the field.

Yes, they are pitching better than they have, but when you cant field or hit, then the bottom line is still lots of big "L"s

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#4 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 10:37 AM

Sorry, get tired of hearing talks about how things are better and we are changing the tide, but its just words, until we see it on the field.

Yes, they are pitching better than they have, but when you cant field or hit, then the bottom line is still lots of big "L"s

They asked him what the biggest improvement has been, he said pitching. They are better than MLB average in ERA after being last in MLB last year. So that sounds a lot like improvement on the field, not just words.

Yeah, the hitting has been awful. They have the 5th worst record right now. Should we ban all interviews until they reach 500? Should Trey just answer a question about team improvement with "It doesn't matter. We suck, that's all there is to it, improvement doesn't matter when we lead the AL in errors." 

As for the article, I don't know what's going to happen in the next couple months or next year, but I'm going to root for that guy wherever he goes. Good guy, good teammate. 

• BobPhelan, 1970, BSLSteveBirrer and 2 others like this

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 10:39 AM

A blanket statement like this ignores the obvious. 

The obvious being it doesn't matter if Player A can't hit or field, if Player A isn't going to be here. 

The only thing to evaluate are the players who can be part of the next quality team. 

#6 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 01:26 PM

They do seem to have a lot of heart whereas previous teams going back into the early 2000s had none.

• bmore_ken likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#7 Tranquil1

Tranquil1
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationFrankford, Delaware

Posted 28 May 2022 - 07:04 AM

After last nights comeback, the team is 13-13 in the last 26 games. That's improvement by anyone's standards. They are getting to be fun to watch again. It will not be long until they are really competing for a playoff spot. Bottom line, the trajectory is up not lateral or down. Enjoy it!

• BSLChrisStoner, BobPhelan and BSLSteveBirrer like this

#8 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 28 May 2022 - 09:22 AM

Their record in comebacks isn't sustainable. It's a fun stat and it's nice to feel they aren't out of any game, but good teams get the lead early and hold onto it for a majority of their wins. 

We need Bradish to find what he had vs St. Louis and fast.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#9 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 28 May 2022 - 03:31 PM

After last nights comeback, the team is 13-13 in the last 26 games. That's improvement by anyone's standards. They are getting to be fun to watch again. It will not be long until they are really competing for a playoff spot. Bottom line, the trajectory is up not lateral or down. Enjoy it!

14.5 back in May

#10 Tranquil1

Tranquil1
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationFrankford, Delaware

Posted 28 May 2022 - 06:18 PM

14.5 back in May

Of first place, true. Only 7.0 back of the last playoff spot. Is it a glass half full or half empty? A matter of perspective.

#11 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 07:01 AM

14.5 back in May

Come on Ken. Did you expect them to contend for the division? 20-28 with them playing .500 ball the last month. I’ll take it. Hopefully this team continues to get stronger and resemble something that could contend next year. Or at least for a WC.

#12 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 09:10 AM

Come on Ken. Did you expect them to contend for the division? 20-28 with them playing .500 ball the last month. I’ll take it. Hopefully this team continues to get stronger and resemble something that could contend next year. Or at least for a WC.

Good luck with that.

#13 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 09:45 AM

ken brings nothing and is a troll in the Os section of the board.

• BSLRoseKatz likes this

#14 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 29 May 2022 - 10:10 AM

Can't believe you guys want to discuss the Orioles on an Orioles website instead of only making a daily post about where they are in the standings 

she/her

#15 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 08:23 PM

I'm sorry board president, would you like me to leave?

#16 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 08:38 PM

I'm sorry board president, would you like me to leave?

Yes, ban yourself from the Os section

#17 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 08:49 PM

Yes, ban yourself from the Os section

Done. Happy now? Great statement for this board when a person isn't allowed to have an opinion without being insulted, so enjoy your board. Off to the Ravens board I go and I'm not giving you an option there, so enjoy your board victory. You da man.

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#18 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 11:06 PM

Done. Happy now? Great statement for this board when a person isn't allowed to have an opinion without being insulted, so enjoy your board. Off to the Ravens board I go and I'm not giving you an option there, so enjoy your board victory. You da man.

You couldn't have picked a better avatar for this meltdown. You took a leak on bright side. Don't choke on that eclair.  :-P

#19 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 30 May 2022 - 10:41 AM

You couldn't have picked a better avatar for this meltdown. You took a leak on bright side. Don't choke on that eclair.  :-P

george-seinfeld-upset.gif

she/her

#20 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 04:30 AM

A blanket statement like this ignores the obvious. 

The obvious being it doesn't matter if Player A can't hit or field, if Player A isn't going to be here. 

The only thing to evaluate are the players who can be part of the next quality team. 

the problem that I have with this rebuilt, is how slow Elias is, with finding players.

He didnt drag his tail, in Houston, it was a work in progress.

Granted they had a great series in Boston, but before that, they hadnt had too many like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=