#1 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 25 May 2022 - 07:04 PM

Howdy folks, I'm doing a three-part series for people who stopped watching in 2018 after the firesale and are now watching the team again now that Adley is here. If that applies to you, give it a read. If that doesn't apply to you, send it to someone who does!

https://baltimorespo...orioles-part-1/

• BSLChrisStoner and BobPhelan like this

she/her

#2 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 27 May 2022 - 10:52 AM

So for people who have been actively following the team and/or Adley as a prospect, would you agree with my assessment for Adley's current ability and his realistic ceiling? 

she/her

#3 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,234 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 27 May 2022 - 12:07 PM

I will be disappointed if he's not a top 5 catcher. He has the tools both with the bat and defensively.

#4 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 12:33 PM

Again, a lot of the comparables used were 1, 2, 3 years younger than Adley when they made ML debuts.  Many highly touted prospects across the game that are now among the "best" at their positions had already posted a solid full season, or All-Star appearances before the age Adley is now (and just starting).  Other highly touted catchers like Mauer and Posey had "arrived" and were performing at a high level by age 22 or 23.  

I think Adley will be fine.  Wieters at minimum, maybe / probably a little better.  If MUCH better, big win.  But he has to start about as close to "now" as you can get in my opinion.  "League average" with the bat for any real length of time and he's WAY behind the curve compared to many other top comparables.  The three "ROY" candidates mentioned in the article, basically 2 to 3 years younger.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#5 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,680 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 27 May 2022 - 06:22 PM

I have a number of comments and questions although I'd like to start with this one.

Q: Is it your intent to try and frame Adley Rutschman as a product of rebuilding?

I'm not headed down the nuanced definition that many try and use to hide, I'm talking about the common view of non-competitive behavior where you don't make a FO effort to compete to garner a better draft pick over the course of a season(s).

#6 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 27 May 2022 - 06:53 PM

I have a number of comments and questions although I'd like to start with this one.

Q: Is it your intent to try and frame Adley Rutschman as a product of rebuilding?

I'm not headed down the nuanced definition that many try and use to hide, I'm talking about the common view of non-competitive behavior where you don't make a FO effort to compete to garner a better draft pick over the course of a season(s).

He was acquired from a season where their Opening Day intention was to win so no I don't think he's a product of rebuilding but Cowser, the #1 pick this year, etc would be 

she/her

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=